Last Updated: December 2023
Welcome to the customer onboarding process, where you’ll explore the world of ‘Stonly alternatives’ and how they can transform your experience.
8 out of 10 users say they deleted an app because they didn’t understand how to use it. Customer onboarding is clearly an important stage in a user’s lifecycle. With rising customer expectations, your customer onboarding process must be effective in welcoming and educating new customers. Thankfully, there are several tools to help you make this a smooth customer experience.
In this guide, we’ll take an in-depth look at some of the best Stonly alternatives, examining key features, pricing, benefits, and more. Some of the tools listed below can also assist in streamlining the employee onboarding process. You can introduce, train, and track each team member’s progress throughout the process, combining all of these tasks into a single unified system.
Best Stonly Alternatives
Here are some of the best Stonly alternatives for building an effective customer support system:
Saufter is a purpose-built onboarding tool/ customer service helpdesk that creates onboarding experiences that engage employees and provides them with the training they need to get started quickly.
Saufter’s user-friendly training module will walk your team through the onboarding process, as well as train and test team members based on previous chats/tickets.
Furthermore, Saufter’s analytics feature allows you to track the performance of your team members in real-time.
- The interactive training session with simulated tickets does an excellent job of digitizing the onboarding process while maintaining the human element.
- The platform will also assign a score to each of your team members based on their performance.
- To provide feedback at scale, the Saufter helpdesk includes analytics, reporting, and coaching functionalities.
- Users discovered some workflow issues, which have since been resolved.
- There aren’t many visual customization options available.
2. Appcues (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 286 reviews)
Appcues is one of the stonly alternatives that focuses on communicating with your customers about new features, updates, or issues with your product/platform in an efficient manner.
This platform enables non-technical teams to create personalized and customized product walkthroughs for new users. Appcues also helps your team in tracking and analyzing product usage, providing insights to help improve adoption.
- It’s incredibly easy to use since the interface is very straightforward.
- With Appcues, you can easily connect with your users without relying on engineering changes.
- You get to measure NPS through Appcues and this allows you to improve the quality of products.
- The tool has been reported to be a little buggy at times by users.
- Appcues doesn’t have a live chat feature to connect with their support team.
- Some users might find it difficult to set up this platform.
3. Pendo.io (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 1316 reviews)
Pendo, like the other stonly alternatives mentioned above, allows you to track user behavior and other analytics effectively. It is a product experience platform that helps you understand how often customers use different features of your app through valuable user feedback and NPS scores. Pendo includes a variety of features that allow you to create in-app messages, guides, and walkthroughs without any coding.
- Simple to install, and the Pendo support page is extremely helpful and straightforward.
- You can bookmark important app features to quickly access usage statistics.
- Pendo has a wide range of customization options that are available directly out of the box.
- More customization options for the dashboard widgets are required.
- When creating guides, some users complained that the user interface was slow.
- Could be more specific in terms of how each section is defined.
4. Userpilot (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 224 reviews)
Userpilot is a real-time onboarding software that allows you to create tooltips, tours, and tutorials, as well as track customer behavior. Userpilot distinguishes itself from the competition by providing a vast array of onboarding tools that can be accessed without the need for coding. The platform also lets you customize onboarding flows based on the user. This improves the personalization and relevancy of your onboarding process.
- The platform is intuitive and it’s easy to make a design that looks good.
- Userpilot comes with a user segmentation feature that allows for customized walkthroughs.
- You can communicate with customers inside the app.
- Users have reported some glitches while working on the platform.
- Userpilot does not have an option to apply the same settings to multiple flows at once.
- Some users do not regard this as a “click-and-go” solution.
5. UserGuiding (Overall ratings: 4.7/5⭐, 151 reviews)
UserGuiding is a no-code user onboarding platform that allows you to create product walkthroughs, announce new app features, and set up tooltips to assist your customers. UserGuiding includes a drag-and-drop interface that makes it simple for your developers to create custom workflows. You can also divide your users into groups and create surveys to better understand your buyer personas.
- Non-technical users will find it simple and intuitive.
- They offer a large number of onboarding documents and videos.
- It is easy to create a product walkthrough without any coding.
- There is no way to change the background color of multiple tiles in a single step.
- There aren’t enough options for custom designs.
- In comparison to Stonly pricing, it is significantly more expensive for the features available.
6. Walkme (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 306 reviews)
WalkMe is a cloud-based interactive user experience management platform that uses AI, analytics, and feedback to help you understand users and develop user onboarding experiences based on insights. What we liked best was the Insights feature, which allows you to analyze your end user’s usage data so you can see what’s used and where users drop out of your tours. WalkMe also makes it simple to incorporate external content such as videos, help desk articles, webpages, and so on into your custom walkthroughs.
- Walkme allows you to create tours that are both detailed and specific.
- The tool is adaptable, allowing your product team to consider various measures to enhance user experience.
- The WalkMe team is constantly updating and improving its software.
- Learning all of the functionality takes time because it is a very robust platform.
- Some users have complained that the platform is difficult to use.
- To fully utilize the software, coding knowledge is required.
7. Whatfix (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 299 reviews)
Whatfix is another popular Stonly alternative. We found that the product is extremely user-friendly, and the features included with Whatfix make it simple for your company to onboard, train, and communicate with your end-users. The platform includes no-code templates, making it simple to deploy your onboarding experience without the help of a developer. Their smart targeting feature enables you to perform user-level segmentation on various web pages.
- Whatfix gives you a lot of features when it comes to managing and creating guided content for end-users.
- Their analytics section gives you more information about how people are using your product.
- Their support team is always available and ready to take your call to discuss any issues.
- Customizing your in-app experiences requires more technical knowledge because it must be done using CSS.
- Whatfix does not support A/B testing.
- Users require more control over the embedding of images, gifs, and videos within individual guides.
Finally, effective user onboarding is all about listening to your users, gathering valuable insights, and changing what doesn’t work. Make use of the appropriate tool to make this process as easy as possible. We hope that after reading this guide, you have a better understanding of how beneficial an onboarding solution can be to your business.
If you want to make it easier for new employees to become acquainted with your support system while also training them to provide the best possible service, Saufter.io could be the platform for you.
Furthermore, you can also consider the AI-powered live chat software of Saufter Helpdesk.
Along with engaging with your customers in real time, it can also help your team with e-commerce workflows, real-time reports, etc.
So, what are you waiting for?