You have completed building a website for your store using Shopify. It looks great, but how do you start with marketing activities? Well, you can do that with Shopify marketing automation apps.
Shopify has over 6000 apps belonging to different categories and they are publicly available to everyone. Among all of those apps, it could be difficult to find the ones that are the best for marketing your products.
To save you time, we are listing down the top 10 apps on marketing automation for Shopify along with their pros and cons so that you can choose the ones that meet your requirement.
Marketing Automation Shopify Apps
- Helplama Helpdesk
- Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS (⭐4.7/5, 4342 Votes)
- Email Marketing – Amplified (⭐ 4.8/5, 3607 Votes)
- Postscript SMS Marketing (⭐4.9 /5, 1786 Votes)
- Klaviyo Email Marketing & SMS (⭐ 4.2/5, 1578 Votes)
- Tidio (⭐4.8 /5, 1487 Votes)
- Email Marketing by CM Commerce (⭐ 4.7/5, 1108 Votes)
- AC Email Marketing Automation (⭐ 4.4/5, 376 Votes)
- PostPilot (⭐ 5/5, 30 Votes)
- LeftBrain (⭐4.5 /5, 37 Votes)
1) Helplama Helpdesk
Helplama helpdesk is one of the top marketing automation for Shopify stores. It is designed especially for eCommerce businesses with marketing automation and other operations that a helpdesk usually offers.
- Market automation – Automates the collection of reviews of your users from Google, Trustpilot, and UGCs for your marketing purposes. Also, automatically appreciates your customers for their reviews.
- ECommerce Integration – You can integrate Shopify/ Magento/ WooCommerce with one click.
- Proactive customer support – Tracks delays and issues with customers’ orders and proactively resolves them. Additionally, allows you to view your customers’ entire journey on a single platform.
- Automated return center – This enables your customers to automatically return or exchange items as per your policies.
- Agent Training Automation – Tests your support agents’ performance and offers training. Also, allows you to track their performance. On top of that, you may recruit experienced agents from the Helplama marketplace.
- Basic helpdesk features – Get all the below-mentioned features and more.
- Live chat,
- Email support,
- Native SMS and phone call integration,
- Instagram and Facebook integrations,
- Knowledge base.
- Each plan includes 3 agents.
- For each extra user in a plan, additional charges are applicable.
- Free Trial – 15 days for all paid plans.
- Standard – $99/ month.
- Pro – $199/ month.
- Enterprise – $399/ month.
2) Omnisend Email Marketing & SMS (⭐4.7/5, 4342 Votes)
Omnisend enables you to add several channels into one automation workflow so that you can reach all your customers on different platforms with one personalized message.
- Send SMS, emails, and push alerts from a single dashboard.
- Email segmentation enables you to target only some of the customers with precision.
- With the automation workflow, you may set up different triggers to gain more sales consistently.
- Workflow and email templates are not customizable enough.
- Hard to integrate some of its features.
- Moreover, the Omnisend customer support services are not up to the mark.
- Free Plan – with limited features and you can reach up to 250 contacts only.
- Standard – $16/ month.
- Pro – $59/ month.
3) Email Marketing – Amplified (⭐ 4.8/5, 3607 Votes)
Amplified Email Marketing, formerly Consistent Cart is an all-in-one email and SMS marketing platform. It has automated workflows that run in the background and increase your sales.
- Offers built-in templates and allows you to create them from the scratch as per your requirement.
- Also, features an auto-pilot that monitors cart activity, and recovers abandoned carts.
- Users have complained about the app charging an extra fee even after subscribing to one of its plans.
- Free Trial – 7 days.
- Free Plan – offers basic marketing automation features.
- Standard – $29/ month.
- Pro – $99/ month.
- Enterprise – $299/ month.
4) Postscript SMS Marketing (⭐ 4.9/5, 1786 Votes)
With the Postscript, you can sync all your store’s data and activate text marketing automation features such as shipping notifications, back-in-stock, abandoned cart reminders, and so on.
- Generate a TCPA-compliant subscribers list for marketing through text messages.
- Create and send personalized SMS campaigns to engage your customers.
- Furthermore, it allows you to track the performance of your messages, campaigns, and automation services.
- At starting stage, Postscript works well. However, after a year, there are cases of them not offering basic services acceptably.
- Its customer support is known to neglect older users.
- Free Trial – 30 days.
- Growth – $100/ month.
- Professional – $500/ month.
5) Klaviyo Email Marketing & SMS (⭐ 4.2/5, 1578 Votes)
Another best Shopify marketing automation app is Klaviyo. It is an all-around tool that provides a different number of automation services that range from creating your own list to reporting tools and predictive analytics.
- Provides email automation that can deliver prompt messages to customers.
- Has in-built forms and templates that you can use for SMS/ email campaigns.
- In addition, performs predictive analytics and uses the A/B testing feature.
- Also, offers informative reports that can help you in personalizing content, forms, and recommendations.
- There are cases where the customer service is quite slow.
- On top of that, the integration of the Klaviyo app seems to slow down the websites.
- Free to install – you get limited features.
- Email – $20/ month.
- SMS – $5/ month.
6) Tidio (⭐ 4.8/5, 1487 Votes)
A customer support tool, Tidio helps your eCommerce business to have better interactions with customers. Therefore, you can integrate it to have conversations with your users and resolve their queries efficiently. Further, Tidio is equipped with more features that help your team members in managing user support better.
- Connect to customers with live chat, chatbots, Messenger, and Instagram.
- Has a drag-and-drop method for customizing chatbots, so it is easy to use for non-coders.
- Includes pre-built bot templates and automation workflows to help you set up your store and start running quickly.
- There are cases of chats not appearing on the desktop Tidio app.
- Does not give chat moderators complete control.
- And also, you cannot manage client chats through Instagram or Whatsapp.
- Free Plan – with limited features.
- Communicator Plan – $19/ month.
- Chatbots Plan – $49/ month.
7) Email Marketing by CM Commerce (⭐4.7/5, 1108 Votes)
CM Email Marketing enables you to combine your email marketing with UGC tools so that you can engage your users and generate trust in your brand. In addition, you may implement email marketing with pre-built automation aspects.
- Boost your sales with pre-built abandoned cart emails.
- Automatically engages your customers by requesting reviews and generating order details such as receipts.
- Contains pre-built email workflows for email automation. So, you can set it up without any prior experience.
- CM Commerce does not provide satisfactory customer service for its users.
- Free trial – 30 days.
- Starter – $9/ month.
- Growth – $29/ month.
- Professional – $49/ month.
8) AC Email Marketing Automation (⭐ 4.4/5, 376 Votes)
This Shopify marketing automation app is managed by the ActiveCampaign company. It has an AI-based system that gets data from your Shopify store and turns it into personalized messages, recommendations, etc.
- Delivers automated marketing communications across different platforms.
- When you add Active Campaign Email Marketing Automation, you get 870+ pre-built integrations.
- Also features email marketing campaigns, transactional emails, SMS messages, signup forms, and so on.
- Its email editor has limited functionality.
- Moreover, it takes a lot of time to do some simple tasks as its main frame is slow.
- Free Trial – 14 days.
- Lite – $29/ month.
- Plus – $49/ month.
- Professional – $149/ month.
- Enterprise – customizable plan, so the price varies as per your choices.
9) PostPilot (⭐ 5/5, 30 Votes)
Note that not all of the marketing automation Shopify apps aim to offer comprehensive automation services for their users. Some just choose to concentrate on a specific aspect of marketing.
PostPilot focuses on one particular service which is offering postcard services both physically and electronically. Plus, it automatically performs campaigns and reports to you about their performance.
- Allows you to perform postcard campaigns and offers various design options that you can use to create professional designs.
- It also features data-driven segmentation.
- Track results and ROI instantly on every postcard campaign.
- Not an all-around tool and offers only one specific service.
- Free to install – but charges based on your usage starting at $0.49 per postcard.
- Growth – $99/ month.
- Pro – $499/ month.
- Enterprise – you can customize and the price is based on the features used.
10) LeftBrain (⭐4.5 /5, 37 Votes)
The LeftBrain performs analytical and methodical operations for your eCommerce store by automating, analyzing, and optimizing your marketing aspects. As well, it monitors user behavior and decides when and how to contact them by using a set of rules.
- Once you finish setting up the LeftBrain, it works on its own without any need for your interaction with it.
- Sends personalized recommendations to your customers.
- Offers mass emailing and targets users with target segmentation.
- The automation system in LeftBrain may find it too much to understand the subtle needs of an individual eCommerce business.
- This app has a bit too much automation integrated into it.
- Moreover, it only provides email services.
- Free trial – 30 days.
- Paid plan – $10/ month for 1000 contacts.
The eCommerce market is growing and the technology behind automation is also getting more powerful. Therefore, it is important to choose the right one that benefits your business and increases sales.
The Helplama Helpdesk is one such Shopify marketing automation integration. With Helplama, you get marketing automation services along with all the helpdesk operations that you can use for your eCommerce store.
So, start your 15-day trial here to test out its features.