Installing a live chat feature for your customer support can work wonders. Do you know why? As per data, adding live chat to your website can improve conversions by 12%. Olark is one such live chat software installed by a lot of brands. Nevertheless, as you know, every tool has its own shortcomings.
In search of better features, brands are in search of Olark alternatives. Given this, we have done some research and gathered details of some of the best competitors and alternatives to Olark.
Let’s dive into the details!
Top 11 Olark Alternatives & Competitors
- Helplama Helpdesk
- Freshdesk Messaging
- Zoho Desk
1) Helplama Help Desk
Trusted by more than 1500 companies, Helplama help desk software is a CRM tool that lets you manage all your customer service activities through a single platform. The live chat feature of this software is a hybrid combination of both bots and humans so that you can improve your customer engagement significantly.
This Olark alternative provides a 15-day free trial. After that, the pricing plans are categorized as follows:
- Standard – $99/month
- Pro – $199/month
- Enterprise – $399/month
- Lets you add a customized live chat widget to your website.
- One-click integration option for Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, etc.
- For all plans, unlimited tickets are provided.
- All plans include 3 agents. Extra charges are applicable for additional users.
2) Intercom (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 2,384 reviews)
Intercom is a CRM tool that provides an all-in-one solution for your customer’s journey. It has been shortlisted as an “Established Player” by Capterra in the categories of Live Chat Software and Customer Engagement Software in 2022. Through the ive chat feature of this platform, you can leverage your customer relationships by employing a personalized, messenger-based experience.
The pricing plans for this tool are as follows:
- Support – Custom pricing
- Engage – Custom pricing
- Convert – Custom pricing
- Starter Plan – $74/month (special plan for very small businesses)
- Lets your agent chat with the customer as per the customer’s convenient time.
- Chat history with a customer is never deleted so that the conversation flow is always maintained.
- Enables your agent to handle multiple customers through the feature of a single inbox.
- Expensive compared to platforms offering similar features.
- Slower to reach ROI.
- Chat routing feature is not available.
3) Crisp (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 83 reviews)
This alternative to Olark is a one-stop solution for your customer service, marketing, and sales requirements. Their live chat feature not only improves your customer experience but also helps your team’s internal communication easier with a shared inbox.
A 14-day free trial is provided by this software. After that, you can opt either for their free or paid plans. The pricing is categorized as follows:
- Pro – $25/month/inbox
- Unlimited – $95/month/inbox
- Provides the features of in-chat games that has the potential to improve customer engagement.
- Lets you provide a personalized experience through GIFs and videos within the chat.
- Helps you translate a chat to your customers’ native language in real-time.
- Visitor identification feature is not provided.
- Lacks the ability to connect a calendar like Google or Outlook directly to the chatbox.
- The complaint monitoring feature is absent.
4) Freshdesk Messaging (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 2,670 reviews)
This chat software helps you to engage with your customers through almost all messaging apps. Their chatbot is equipped with both artificial and human intelligence to provide exceptional customer support. Furthermore, they also guarantee their chatbots reduce handle time.
A 21-day free trial is available for this product. After that, you can opt for their free version or paid versions. The pricing categories are as follows:
- Growth – $15/agent/month
- Pro – $39/agent/month
- Enterprise – $69/agent/month
- Best-in-class chatbots that primarily focus on intent and engagement.
- Lets you add a self-service option within the chat window.
- Comes with a language detection feature.
- The screen sharing feature is not available.
- Event-triggered actions are not supported.
- An automatic spell-checker is not provided which often leads to typos in chats.
5) Tidio (Overall ratings: 4.7/5⭐, 1,231 reviews)
This tool has a 7-day free trial. After that, you can go for their free or paid plans. The pricing plans are as follows:
- Starter – $32.50/month
- Team – $65.83/month
- Scale – $332.50/month
- Through the “Message Sneak-Peek” option, you can see what the user is writing before they send you the message.
- Helps to know the visitor count for your website.
- Huge selection of customizable chatbots.
- Does not provide a contact import facility.
- Automatic chat translation is unavailable.
- Cannot set up follow-up alerts.
6) LiveChat (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 742 reviews)
This is a very user-friendly customer service tool that you can use instead of Olark. It has been shortlisted by Capterra as a “Top Performer” in Live Chat Software in 2022. Through this software, you can easily capture leads from your chat and generate more sales using their AI features.
At first, they provide you with a 14-day free trial. After that, the pricing scheme for this customer service tool is as follows:
- Starter – $16/agent/month(billed yearly) or $19/agent/month.
- Team – $33/agent/month(billed yearly) or $39/agent/month.
- Business – $50/agent/month(billed yearly) or $59/agent/month.
- Enterprise – Custom Pricing.
- Provides intelligent customer engagement through features such as targeted messages, ticket forms, etc.
- More customization options than Olark.
- Individual reports are provided for chats, agents, tickets, and customers.
- Some users report this software lags when chat volume is high, leading to customer frustration.
- The chat window closes once you open another tab.
- Initial setup takes time.
7) tawk.to (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 162 reviews)
This is a completely free customer support tool that you can use as an Olark alternative. This platform provides a knowledge base, ticketing solutions, and team chat along with the live chat feature.
- Easy setup in less than one minute.
- Lets you track the performance of your team.
- You will get access to website visitors in real-time.
- The notifications are a bit inconsistent, which may lead to missed chats.
- Some users report that the dashboard design is a bit complex.
8) Gorgias (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 471 reviews)
Gorgias is designed especially for e-commerce businesses like Shopify, Woo Commerce, Magento, etc. This live chat software helps you to interact with your customers in real-time and thereby improve your customer engagement rate.
The pricing plans are broken down into 4 tiers as follows:
- Basic – $50/month.
- Pro – $250/month.
- Advanced – $625/month.
- Enterprise – Custom pricing.
- Unlimited number of agents for all packages.
- Enables agents to initiate conversations through proactive messages.
- Comes with the feature of intent and sentiment detection.
- Some users report that it is tricky to set up rules and filters.
- Customer support is not so appreciable.
- The plans are not budget-friendly, especially for small teams.
9) LiveAgent (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 1,404 reviews)
LiveAgent is a cloud-hosted live messaging platform. It is a multi-channel help desk software that provides a live chat feature along with a knowledge base. Since they provide unlimited chat history and ticket history, you always get access to customers’ previous interactions with you.
This customer service tool provides a 14-day free trial. After that, you can either opt for their free version or paid plans. The pricing plans are categorized as follows:
- Ticket– $15/agent/month.
- Ticket+Chat– $29/agent/month
- All-Inclusive– $49/agent/month
- Provides chat analytics and tracking features.
- Automated responses are available.
- Comes with a multilingual chat widget.
- Translation features are not automated.
- Some users report the statistics and reporting feature is not up to the level.
- The initial setup takes some time.
10) Zoho Desk (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 3,977 reviews)
This customer service tool has been recognized by Crozdesk as a “Leader” in Customer Chat Software in 2022.
After enjoying their features for a 15-day free trial, you can opt for their free version or paid plans. The pricing plans are as follows:
- Standard – $14/agent/month.
- Professional – $23/agent/month
- Enterprise – $40/agent/month
- Their chatbot “Zia” has a sentiment detection feature.
- Lets your agent convert a conversation automatically to a ticket if needed.
- Flexible enough to automatically ask for feedback within the chat.
- Desktop application is not available.
- Some users report the search functionality is not robust enough.
- Customer support is not that responsive.
11) Drift (Overall ratings: 4.3/5⭐, 701 reviews)
Capterra has named this platform as an “Established Player” in the Live Chat Software category for 2022. Drift mainly focuses on using its live chat feature to improve your conversion rates and shorten the sales cycle, thereby leveraging your profit margin.
Their free plan comes with 100 contacts. For unlimited contacts you have to purchase their premium plans categorized as follows:
- Premium – Custom pricing
- Advanced – Custom pricing
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
- Easy to set up.
- Their customer support team is highly responsive.
- Efficiently handles chat routing.
- Some users report that the backend is too slow to load.
- The chat transcripts cannot be sent through automated emails.
- Even though they provide custom pricing, many users report the pricing model is a bit too expensive.
Despite the fact that Olark is a good customer service software, businesses are looking for alternatives with better functionality and features. We’ve done the legwork to find some good alternatives for you to consider. Prioritize your business needs before finalizing one for your brand.