When we talk about some of the best helpdesk software, Freshdesk, the fourth most popular ticketing system, does pop up in that conversation.
Freshdesk has established itself as one of the top helpdesks by providing an affordable and user-friendly interface. However, at times, Freshdesk may not always be the best-suited helpdesk for many businesses.
Then, which helpdesk can be a good Freshdesk alternative? Look no further, as we have put together a list of the top 8 Freshdesk alternatives.
In this post, we will cover the following topics:
Freshdesk alternatives: Pricing
Pricing starts at
|Helplama Help Desk||$99/month||The number of users is capped at 3.|
|Zendesk||$49 per month||The basic pricing plan only offers a “single” Help center, 50 AI-powered automated answers, “standard” data and file storage, and “standard rate limit” Robust APIs.|
|Drag||$5 per month||Does not offer automation and email sequences.|
|Groove||$50 per month||Offers only up to 350 conversations per month.|
|Dixa||Customized pricing per month/annual||Customized pricing per month/annual|
|LiveAgent||$15 per month||Does not offer live chat, feedback management, proactive chat invitations, and video call.|
|Gladly||$38 per month||Agents can only access assigned tasks, no voice support.|
|Gorgias||$50 per month||Limited to 350 tickets per month, does not include Twitter integration, and self onboarding.|
Top 8 Freshdesk alternatives:
1) Helplama Help Desk
Trusted by more than 1500 companies, Helplama help desk software is one of the best alternatives to Zendesk. This CRM tool lets you manage all your customer service activities through a single platform.
The pricing model of this Zendesk alternative is really appreciable. The pricing plans are as follows:
- Standard – $99/month
- Pro – $199/month
- Enterprise – $399/month
- Provides a 15-day free trial.
- For all plans, unlimited tickets are provided.
- Helps in recruiting agents with just 1 -click.
- Let’s you track delayed orders and thereby provide proactive customer support.
- Inbuilt Shopify, Magento, and WooCommerce integration.
- Provides social media integration.
- Major businesses using Helplama Help desk – Flexport, Upwork, Reali, etc.
2) Zendesk (Overall Rating⭐ 4.3/5)
Zendesk is one of the top help desk software and Freshdesk competitors, founded in 2011 in Copenhagen, Denmark. It is best known as a “service-first CRM company.” Zendesk is best suited for medium and large-sized businesses.
The help desk of Zendesk provides various robust and convenient customization, automation, and ticketing features. Apart from customer service, they provide sales services as well.
- Collision detection: is a real-time feature that tells you about the agent(s) that are working on a particular ticket at the same time.
- Social listening: is the process in which a customer’s tweet, Facebook comment, or Facebook message gets automatically converted into tickets that can be viewed through the help desk portal.
- Bot reports: gives you the analytics regarding the performance of the automated bots through metrics such as suggestion rate, clickthrough rate, resolution rate, etc.
- Portal customization: helps you customize themes, colors, and logos of your customer portal that best suits your brand.
- Agent productivity reports: gives you various agent reports like first response time, tickets closed, and interactions by channels.
- IVR menu: or Interaction Voice Response menu is a keypad feature that helps connect customers with a particular query to the right agent(s).
Zendesk offers a 14-day free trial and after its completion, you can opt for three pricing plans as per your business needs:
- Suite team ($49 per month)
- Suite Growth ($79 per month),
- Suite Professional ($99 per month)
3) Drag (Overall Rating⭐ 4.4/5)
Drag is quite a unique helpdesk, as it lets you manage your tasks and track your support requests through Gmail.
Along with providing services through Gmail, it also extends its services through chat and phone support. This Freshdesk alternative also provides live and in-person training. It is also equipped with a knowledge base.
- Kanban board: is a project management tool with which you can visualize your backlog and work-in-progress items.
- Real-time editing: helps multiple team members work on a particular task and the edits get saved instantly.
- Signature management: is the process of collecting and managing both the agent and customer’s email signatures.
- Brainstorming: is a tool that helps remote team members collaborate with each other by sharing and voting upon the best ideas for a particular task(s).
- Calendar management: helps the agent mark and set reminders of important events in their helpdesk calendar.
Drag offers a 14-day free trial and after its expiration, you can opt for the following pricing plans:
- Starter ($5 per month)
- Plus ($10 per month)
- Pro ($15 per month)
4) Groove (Overall Rating⭐ 4.2/5)
Groove is yet another effective alternative to Freshdesk, founded in 2013 in the United States. The help desk of Groove works well with both email and browser. Also, Groove provides SaaS, cloud, and web-based deployment.
This help desk software is best-suited for small to medium-sized businesses in industries ranging from B2B/B2C software, web development agencies, eCommerce, and entrepreneurs.
- WYSIWYG editor: or “What You See Is What You Get” editor acts as a preview tool that helps you see how the changes that you made would look in your helpdesk.
- Remote access/control: helps agents access and control their assigned tasks from a remote location.
- Sentiment analysis: It is the feature that analyzes customer data to give you a report of the satisfaction level of a customer.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) management: is a contract between a customer and a helpdesk about the type of services that would be exchanged between the two.
Groove offers a 120-day free trial and after its completion, you can opt for the following pricing plans:
- Basic ($50 per month)
- Pro ($250 per month),
- Advanced ($650 per month)
- Custom Plan
5) Dixa (Overall Rating⭐ 4.2/5)
Dixa is a popular conversational customer service helpdesk founded in 2015 in Denmark. The interface of Dixa aims to eliminate the concept of a ticketing system. This help desk helps to unify emails, chats, and phone records that can be viewed by the agent through the helpdesk portal.
Dixa is used by businesses of various sectors ranging from call centers to startups.
- Session routing: is a type of communication protocol that routes entire sessions between endpoints rather than routing individual packets.
- IVR recognition: provides you access to all the previous interaction details of a customer during the ongoing call. This helps agents to get a background of their customers and thereby resolve their queries quickly.
- Computer telephony integration: It is a PBX or key-based system that helps coordinate calls with the help of a computer that is connected to a phone system.
- Session summary notes: provides you details of a customer’s interaction and their basic details during a particular session(s). You can also add a note to each session to distinguish it from other sessions.
- Attachments/screencasts: It is a type of real-time video recording of the desktop screen of a customer to better understand their query.
By filling in your basic details and requirements, you can opt for a demo version of Dixa. After the demo, you can opt for a custom pricing plan Under 3 tiers:
6) LiveAgent (Overall Rating⭐ 4.5/5)
LiveAgent is an affordable and cheap Freshdesk alternative, founded in 2004 in Slovakia. LiveAgent is best known for providing the fastest chat widget, which significantly helps in reducing customer wait times by leveraging agent productivity.
LiveAgent is best-suited for small to medium-sized businesses in the fields of Insurance, Telco, SaaS, enterprise, and eCommerce.
- Appointment management: This is a process that can be done with the help of the ‘vCita’ tool that helps schedule and manages all your appointments.
- Archiving and retention: It helps your agent to move closed or solved tickets to a separate storage capacity.
- Mass actions/Bulk editing: It is a process that helps your team to perform a large number of system actions like deleting or closing a bunch of tickets.
- Blended call center: is a type of call center that inculcates both automatic call distribution and predictive dialing to assign a caller to the right agent.
- Geotargeting: is a method by which you can target location-specific users that have viewed your help desk online.
LiveAgent offers a 14-day free trial, after which you can opt for the following pricing plans:
- Ticket ($15 per month)
- Ticket+Chat ($29 per month)
- All-inclusive ($49 per month)
7) Gladly (Overall Rating⭐ 4.6/5)
Gladly is yet another feasible and cheap Freshdesk alternative, founded in 2014 in the United States. This help desk software is best known for providing quality self-service and hassle-free automation features. It also provides your customers with 24/7 live rep support.
Gladly is best-suited for all types of businesses ranging from small to large scale in the fields of retail, travel, and eCommerce.
- Call scripting: It lets your agents read from a well-written document while talking with customers on the phone.
- Predictive dialer: automatically dials a list of numbers till it finds a live connection.
- After-hours alert: helps in informing your customers that you are unavailable during a particular time.
- Brand pride: enables you to customize the layout and colors of your helpdesk portal to best suit your brand.
- Rote process: by this feature, the helpdesk automatically detects a set of repetitive words which can help in assigning the query to the right agent.
You can fill in your basic details and requirements and opt for a free demo of Gladly. After the demo, you get the following pricing plans:
- Task User ($38 per month)
- Support Hero ($150 per month).
8) Gorgias (Overall Rating⭐ 4.7/5)
Gorgias is another popular Freshdesk alternative, founded in 2015 in the United States. It is best-known t as a helpdesk software that is designed for Shopify. Gorgias provides you with various features like automation rules, macros, and templates that help reduce a significant chunk of customer waiting time.
Gorgias unifies live chat, social media, phone, and messaging apps in a single place. It is best suited for Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magneto stores that wish to improve their customer experience.
- Website visitor tracking: helps you access the URL of every user that visits your website.
- Survey/poll management: helps you understand the performance of your team by analyzing customer surveys and polls.
- Where Is My Order” (WISMO) rule: this rule, if set up, helps your customers track their order/ticket status’
- Chat sidebar customization: helps you add all the necessary customer details that you wish to get displayed while viewing a ticket.
- Internal notes: is a feature by which an agent can send internal notes (for reference/context) regarding a ticket to another agent.
Gorgias offers a 2-month free trial, after which you can opt for the following pricing plans:
- Basic ($50 per month)
- Pro ($250 per month)
- Advanced ($625 per month)
- Enterprise (custom pricing)
Good helpdesk software helps take a load off of your shoulders and provides a positive customer experience for your customers. While Freshdesk remains one of the top helpdesk software in the market, it sometimes fails to align with the needs and requirements of certain businesses.
Before choosing a Freshdesk alternative, you need to be aware of your own business goals and objectives. Once you’re clear about your aims, figure out which out of these top Freshdesk alternatives checks out the most boxes and aligns with your business needs.
Stand out from your competitors with Helplama, by providing exceptional customer service to your clients and using Helplama Helpdesk. With the AI-powered live chat software of Helplama Helpdesk, you can engage with your customers in real-time. What’s more, this platform also offers customized pricing plans starting from $99/month.
So, what are you waiting for?