Are you thinking about using ShipStation for your shipping requirements, with a keen interest in ShipStation pricing details? You’re in the right place! In this article, we’ll break down ShipStation’s pricing, features, and what users have to say about it.
Whether you run a small business or a big online store, understanding how ShipStation charges for its services is important for making smart decisions about your shipping.
Let’s get started and take a closer look at ShipStation so you can make your shipping process easier and more cost-effective.
Table of Contents
- What is ShipStation?
- A Detailed Breakdown of ShipStation Pricing Plans
- ShipStation Pricing Plans Comparison
- Key Features With Reviews
- Key Features Missing in ShipStation
- Helplama Helpdesk
What is ShipStation?
ShipStation is a widely used shipping management software that makes shipping orders easier for online stores.
It serves as a centralized hub where online retailers can manage various aspects of their shipping operations, including order fulfillment, label creation, shipment tracking, and more.
Moreover, this robust platform, trusted by countless businesses and responsible for handling millions of shipping labels each month, is adept at not only saving merchants valuable time but also reducing their shipping expenses by optimizing shipping operations.
A Detailed Breakdown of ShipStation Pricing Plans
There are different ShipStation pricing plans for all kinds of businesses, including a special one for bigger companies.
These pricing options are billed monthly and are determined by the number of shipments you process and the number of users you include in your account. The Silver Tier and above offer comes with customization for branding.
- Ideal for beginners.
- Designed for one user.
- Suitable for handling up to 50 shipments monthly.
- Provides ShipStation-branded labels and packing slips.
- Offers email and community forum support.
2. Bronze Plan
- Expand your capabilities.
- Includes everything in the Starter Plan.
- Allows up to 500 shipments per month.
- Grants access to live chat support.
- Enables order import via CSV files.
3. Silver Plan
- Great for small teams.
- Builds on the Bronze Plan features.
- Accommodates two users.
- Handles up to 1,000 shipments monthly.
- Offers customization options for labels and packing slips.
4. Gold Plan
- Ideal for growing businesses.
- Includes everything in the Silver Plan.
- Expands to three users.
- Supports up to 2,000 shipments per month.
5. Platinum Plan
- Designed for more extensive operations.
- Encompasses all features from the Gold Plan.
- Expands to five users.
- Handles up to 5,000 shipments monthly.
- Provides phone support for enhanced assistance.
6. Enterprise Plan
- Tailored for large-scale businesses.
- Includes all features in the Platinum Plan.
- Expands to ten users.
- Manages up to 7,500 shipments per month.
- Ideal for high-volume shipping needs.
If your shipping needs exceed 7,500 shipments monthly, you can get in touch with the sales team to explore high-volume solutions.
It’s important to note that ShipStation’s feature set remains consistent across all plans, except for the customization of shipping labels. Therefore, upgrading becomes necessary as your monthly order volume grows.
You have the flexibility to start with a 30-day free trial before committing to any of these plans. ShipStation also offers a no-questions-asked refund policy within 90 days if you’re not satisfied.
Additionally, you can adjust your plan up or down at any time to accommodate fluctuations in your order volume. Plus, if you need more user seats, you can purchase them at an additional cost of $5 per user per month.
User Reviews on ShipStation Pricing:
“The price is reasonable for all that they offer and we highly recommend it to our clients.”
⭐ 5/5, Broad River
“Instead of losing a lot of money during our busiest season, we are now able to earn a modest profit on shipping costs.”
⭐ 5/5 Prince F.
“I feel good about how much I pay for my shipping labels and it’s beyond easy to find the best price for any package.”
⭐ 5/5 Brandon D.
ShipStation Pricing Plans Comparison
|Plan||Monthly Cost||Users||Monthly Shipments||Custom Branding||Support Options|
|Starter||$9.99||1||50||ShipStation-Branded||Email, Community Forum|
|Bronze||$29.99||1||500||ShipStation-Branded||Email, Live Chat, CSV Import|
|Silver||$59.99||2||1,000||Custom Labels & Packing Slips||Email, Live Chat, CSV Import|
|Gold||$99.99||3||2,000||Custom Labels & Packing Slips||Email, Live Chat|
|Platinum||$149.99||5||5,000||Custom Labels & Packing Slips||Email, Live Chat, Phone|
|Enterprise||$229.99||10||7,500||Custom Labels & Packing Slips||Email, Live Chat, Phone|
Key Features With Reviews
1. Order Management
- Centralized order processing: With ShipStation, you can manage all your incoming orders in one place through a single dashboard.
- Batch processing of orders: You can efficiently process multiple orders simultaneously, saving time and effort.
- Order import from various sales channels: ShipStation seamlessly integrates with numerous e-commerce platforms, allowing you to import orders from different sources with ease.
- Integration with multiple carriers: ShipStation also links up with many different shipping companies, letting you choose the best and most affordable shipping options for your needs.
- Rate comparison for cost-effective shipping: ShipStation’s rate comparison feature helps you choose the best shipping option based on cost and delivery time.
- Real-time shipping tracking: Stay updated on the status of your shipments in real-time, allowing you and your customers to track packages effortlessly.
- Customizable packing slips and shipping labels: Personalize your packing slips and shipping labels with your branding, enhancing the unboxing experience for customers.
- Branded tracking pages: Provide a consistent brand experience by customizing the tracking pages customers visit to check their order status.
- Email notifications with your branding: Keep customers informed with branded email notifications that reflect your company’s identity.
4. Inventory Management:
- Inventory monitoring: Keep a constant eye on your stock levels in real time to avoid selling too much and ensure your inventory counts are precise.
- Low-stock alerts: Receive notifications when your inventory reaches predefined low levels, ensuring you restock on time.
- Product listings and variants: Easily manage and update product listings and their variants within ShipStation.
5. Returns Management:
- Streamlined return request processing: Handle return requests efficiently within ShipStation, simplifying the returns process.
- Generation of return labels: Easily generate return labels for customers returning products.
- Tracking returns in real-time: Stay informed about the status of returned items, enabling you to process refunds or exchanges promptly.
- Rule-based order routing: Set up rules to automatically route orders to specific locations or teams based on criteria you define.
- Automated order tagging: Apply custom tags to orders automatically, making it easier to sort and process them.
- Batch label printing: Print shipping labels in batches to expedite the labeling process for multiple orders.
- Integration with popular e-commerce platforms: ShipStation effortlessly links up with widely-used e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, and others.
- Third-party app integrations: Extend ShipStation’s functionality by integrating with third-party apps that enhance various aspects of your e-commerce operations.
- API access for custom integrations: For businesses with unique needs, ShipStation offers API access to create custom integrations with other software.
“ShipStation offers features such as batch shipping, discounted shipping rates, inventory and customer management, and custom branding.”
⭐5/5, Jessica T.
“I like that I can create and/or import sales orders and ship them out easily while still being able to see what the status of on-hand inventory is.”
⭐ 4.5/5, Carlos A.
Key Features Missing in ShipStation
- Automation for Custom Fields: Users have highlighted the absence of a feature that allows them to automate the population of “Custom Field 3” to match the PO field, reducing manual effort.
- Combining Orders: Regrettably, there seems to be no available feature for combining orders within the platform.
- Service Default Selection: ShipStation lacks Automation Rule or Bulk Edit options for selecting the “Service Default” in the Configuration for FedEx.
- Troubleshooting Shipment Issues: Users have encountered difficulties in obtaining rates or generating labels for connected carriers within ShipStation.
And that concludes our ShipStation review. Our goal was to give you helpful information to help you make good choices.
Also, if you need a complete helpdesk system that shows all your support requests in one place, you can check out Helplama Helpdesk.
Helplama Helpdesk: Elevate Customer Support
Helplama Helpdesk redefines customer support with a focus on excellence. This platform seamlessly combines self-service tools and proactive support to empower your business.
- Self-Service Empowerment: Users find solutions independently.
- Automation: Streamline tasks for team efficiency.
- Unified Insights: Simplify support with comprehensive customer information.
- E-Commerce Enhancement: Improve satisfaction with automated returns and order changes.
- Order Tracking: Provide 24/7 order monitoring for seamless shopping.
- Tailored SaaS Support: Self-help for diverse SaaS interactions.
- Omnichannel: Connect with customers across platforms.
- Integration: Sync with Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, Facebook, and more.
In summary, ShipStation offers a robust shipping solution packed with useful features, extensive integrations, and standout features like user-friendliness, customization options, and a returns portal.
For businesses handling over 500 monthly orders, ShipStation can significantly enhance fulfillment efficiency, especially with automation options.
However, recent updates have raised concerns about ShipStation’s stability, and some users have reported challenges with customer support for technical issues.
We recommend trying ShipStation’s 30-day trial to assess its suitability for your needs. If it meets your expectations.