Zendesk lite agents or light agents is a support role with limited permissions. Zendesk light agents can’t be assigned tickets but they can stay informed about tickets and, when needed, provide subject matter expertise and advice by adding private comments to the ticket. They can only make private ticket comments, visible to other agents and not the customers.
In other words, Zendesk light agents are kinda spectators with a limited and small internal role they can perform to assist the support agents that deal with the customers.
However, the Zendesk Light Agents feature is not available in Zendesk Fundamental and Suite Team plans. Plans with this feature are as follows:
- Suite Growth plans include up to 50 light agents.
- Suite Professional plans include up to 100 light agents.
- Suite Enterprise plans include up to 1000 light agents.
- Suite Enterprise Plus plans include up to 5000 light agents.
Zendesk Light Agents Permissions & Limitations
Here’s a table to let you understand what Light Agents can do:
Permissions (light agents can…)
Limitations (light agents can’t…)
Helplama Helpdesk – The Best and Affordable Zendesk Alternative!
Helplama Helpdesk is modern-age cloud-based helpdesk software that provides all the basic ticketing and a variety of customizable agent roles.
But unlike Zendesk, it is the ONLY helpdesk that provides an automated agent training feature, reducing up to 50% of the time you spend on training your new support agents.
How does automated agent training work?
- Helplama Helpdesk builds simulations when your trained agents deliver support.
- Agents are guided with an interactive step-by-step guide to using the platform.
- Agents are tested based on simulations (developed based on previous customer interactions).
- Their performance is scored based on their responses.
In our experience, it takes 2 weeks for the agent to be trained on the simulator for them to get an understanding of 50% or more of the process.
Additionally, Helplama Helpdesk offers…
- Integration with – email, voice, live chat, social media, Slack, Shopify, and many more.
- Self-service portal – providing a 24×7 customer service powered by AI chatbots.
- Knowledge base – internal and external, to empower both your employees and customers.
- Automated returns center – a self-service portal for initiating returns, exchanges, and refunds.
- Agents marketplace – hire uber-talented US-based agents on an hourly basis.
- Marketing automation – automate the collection of user-generated reviews on Google, Trustpilot, and Amazon.
- Influencer Identification – Identify and collaborate with influencers in your niche.
Besides all these unique features, Helplama Helpdesk is quite affordable and small business friendly. There are three pricing plans available:
- Standard – $99/month
- Pro – $199 per month
- Enterprise – $ 399/month
All plans include access for 3 users, +$29/mo for every extra user for all plans, which seems quite reasonable.