Last Updated: December 2023
Ever wondered why helpdesk automation software is essential for your business? Generally speaking, these are the main reasons:
- Cut down response time.
- Improve agent productivity.
- Better customer experience.
Keeping aside all this, your business can directly benefit with 22% of your tickets solved at no cost if you adopt an automation desk. Well, those numbers don’t lie, right?
With a good deal of automation software available on the market with competitive features, the tricky part is choosing the right IT support automation software. To ease your effort, we have done an analysis and come up with a list of the top 7 helpdesk automation software.
Let’s go through it!
Top 7 Helpdesk Automation Software
1) Helplama Helpdesk
Helplama Helpdesk is a versatile platform to handle your customer support. With the helpdesk automation offered by this platform, your team can manage live chat and tickets, provide proactive support on order-related issues, and handle much more customer needs.
- Automatically collects user reviews and UGCs for sharing on social media.
- You can resolve unlimited tickets in all plans.
- Includes an automated returns center as well as an automated center for order-related issues.
- Comes with native integration to Shopify, Magento, and WooCommerce.
- All plans include 3 agents. Additional users can be added at an extra cost of $29/agent/month.
- The base plan does not include marketing automation.
A 15-day free trial is offered by this automation desk. After that, you can opt for their paid versions categorized as follows:
- Standard – $99/month
- Pro – $199/month
- Enterprise – $399/month
Zendesk offers an automated service desk that has a holistic approach to simplifying your helpdesk functions. This platform’s automated workflows and ticketing systems are both user-friendly and purpose-oriented.
- Provides omnichannel ticketing system across email, chat, social media, mobile, etc. For ease of use, a personalized view of ticket status is also available.
- Helps you to create knowledge base articles to promote self-service.
- Comes with a unified agent workspace. Additionally, automated workflows and answers are available to improve their productivity.
- Initially, new users find it hard to navigate within the system.
- As per user review, notifications are not available for resolved chats.
- Many users find it a pricey product.
Zendesk offers a 30-day free trial. After that, for foundational support, you can go for the ‘Zendesk Support’ ‘plan starting at $19/month/agent including email.
Alternatively, for omnichannel support, pricing starts at $49/month/agent under the ‘Zendesk Suite’ plan.
3) JIRA Service Desk
This IT support automation software offers an intuitive and unified platform to ease the efforts of your customers and employees as well. However, the Jira Service Desk is now a part of Jira Service Management.
- Comes with a conversational ticketing feature to easily turn any chats into tickets.
- Lets your agents collaborate across teams for issue routing, escalation, and resolution.
- Have a tool built-in for reporting customer satisfaction and team performance.
- Portal customization is limited.
- As of now, there is no integrated knowledge base.
- Many users suggest that the attachment file size should be increased.
You can try this automation desk for a 7-day free trial. After that, you can opt for the free version for up to 3 agents. For more additional features, you can opt from any of their pricing plans classified as follows:
- Standard – $20/agent/month
- Premium – $45/agent/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
Freshdesk is a feature-rich help desk automation software that offers multichannel customer support. It is equipped with every feature you can think of in a helpdesk; from ticketing to analytics.
- Lets you create custom ticket statuses that match your workflow.
- Using AI, you can automate the categorizing, prioritizing, and routing of incoming tickets.
- Includes a fully customizable widget to deliver contextual assistance to your customers.
- Users find this platform’s filters and auto-spam automation tools could be improved.
- As per user review, the API functionality lacks robust integrations.
- For new users, the user interface is a little confusing.
A 21-day free trial is available for this service desk automation software. After that, you can opt for either the free version or the paid versions, categorized as follows:
- Growth – $13/agent/month
- Pro – $45/agent/month
- Enterprise – $72/agent/month
Zoho Desk is a top-helpdesk automation option for many businesses due to its multichannel ticketing, self-service options, and AI-powered automation. Through this help desk, you can interact with your customers through email, live chat, phone, or social media.
- The AI-powered bot “Zia” comes with sentiment analysis. Additionally, it also serves as a knowledge base bot, delivering solutions directly from the knowledge base to customers.
- Helps you set automated workflows to improve agent productivity.
- Offers extensive customizations for layouts, templates, rebranding, and much more.
- The initial setup and implementation take time.
- Some users report that it is a bit slow to load.
- According to user feedback, the ticket searching feature is difficult to use.
This service desk automation software has a free version. Besides, all the pricing plans have a 15-day free trial. The pricing structure is classified as follows:
- Standard – $10/agent/month
- Professional – $18/agent/month
- Enterprise – $30/agent/month
LiveAgent offers robust helpdesk automation that streamlines all communication channels into a single inbox. The most amazing feature of this software is that it offers unlimited ticket history on all of its paid versions.
- Assists in enhancing your ticketing workflow with automatic ticket distribution, SLAs, automation rules, etc.
- Comes with a call center feature equipped with IVR, automatic callback, call routing, etc.
- Lets you create internal and external forums for sharing opinions and suggestions.
- Users say they need more customization options for some features.
- Does not offer chatbots.
- The free version does not provide social media integrations.
This helpdesk automation software offers a 14-day free trial. After that, you can opt either for their free version or paid plans categorized as follows:
- Ticket – $15/agent/month
- Ticket+Chat – $29/agent/month
- All-Inclusive – $49/agent/month
7) Salesforce Service Cloud
Through this service desk automation platform, you can offer personalized customer service at scale. This software also helps in cutting down response time through AI-powered chatbots.
- Helps agents with suggested articles to quickly resolve customer issues.
- The agent workspace has a 360° view of customers.
- Provides omnichannel routing feature to ensure the best agent is assigned for issue resolution.
- Users report that there is a steep learning curve.
- Many users complain that customization options are costly.
- The software is slow and buggy at times.
A 30-day free trial is offered by this automation desk. After that, the pricing structure comes as follows:
- Essential – $25/user/month
- Professional – $75/user/month
- Enterprise – $150/user/month
- Unlimited – $300/user/month
To Sum It Up:
Helpdesk automation software can significantly help you improve your service quality, agents’ productivity, and customer experience. The help desk automation software we have provided in this post offers best-in-class service according to current trends. However, weigh between your business model and the features of each before choosing one.
However, consider Helplama Helpdesk as a preferred option since our automated workflows are catered to meet the requirements of your business irrespective of its size. What’s more, we offer customized pricing plans.
So, what are you waiting for?