Last Updated: December 2023
Gorgias vs Freshdesk
If you’re looking for the right customer service solution for your company, choosing between these two platforms can be difficult
Well, we’ve got you covered. In this guide, let’s compare two of the most popular customer service solutions available in the market and see which one is better for your business: Freshdesk or Gorgias.
We’ll compare them overall while also focusing on their specific features to determine which one is a better fit for your company.
Gorgias vs Freshdesk – Feature Comparison
Live Chat (Final Winner: Gorgias)
Web Widget (Winner: Freshdesk)
Give customers access to your customer support team by embedding a customized widget onto your website.
- Both Gorgias and Freshdesk allow you to add a live chat widget on your website to help visitors raise concerns in real-time.
- However, for self-service options on Gorgias’s widget, the Automation Add-on feature costs +$30/mo.
Livechat Customization (Winner: Gorgias)
Customize your chat widget’s design, appearance, and messaging options to provide a personalized chat experience across platforms while also matching the look and tone of your brand.
- Gorgias allows you to customize the live chat widget, and even build a custom widget based on your requirements.
- With Freshdesk, you can easily customize your omnichannel chat widget to match the look and feel of your brand.
Canned Replies (Winner: Freshdesk)
Create pre-made responses that are customized with your brand’s distinct tone and identity. You can even organize your response templates into categories based on common themes.
- Gorgias comes with Quick replies that help the agent to answer questions easily.
- With Freshdesk, your agents can build predefined reply templates that they can send with a single click. It even comes with a canned response suggester.
Language Options (Winner: Gorgias)
Change the language of your chat widget.
- Both Gorgias and Freshdesk come with custom language options.
- However, Gorgias can currently detect up to 54 languages.
Email Capture (Winner: Gorgias)
This feature prevents customers from sending messages in your Livechat if they haven’t entered their email address. Email capture can help a lot in reducing the number of unnecessary tickets.
- Gorgias comes with this feature natively.
- Freshdesk, unfortunately, does not come with this feature.
Chat Contact Form (Winner: Freshdesk)
Customers can use this feature to send an offline message via the chat widget. The offline message is then saved in your chat history, with a copy sent to the agent.
- Gorgias comes with this feature and even creates tickets that you can reply to via email. However, the contact form is currently limited to outside of business hours.
- Freshdesk provides pre-chat forms, which allow you to collect information from your visitors before the chat begins.
Customer Satisfaction Surveys (Winner: Gorgias)
Send out Customer Satisfaction Surveys to track how well your team is supporting customers over time. You can also see how many surveys were sent, the response rate, average scores, and other information.
- Gorgias lets you send out CSAT with qualitative feedback to understand your customers better.
- Freshdesk offers this feature only from the Pro Omnichannel pricing plan.
Helpdesk Features (Final Winner: Freshdesk)
Multi-Channel Inbox (Winner: Both)
To manage customer communication at scale, organize customer questions from multiple channels, in a shared inbox that your entire team can access.
- Both Gorgias & Freshdesk bring all of your preferred channels, including live chat, social media, email, and SMS into one dashboard.
Ticketing System (Winner: Freshdesk)
The helpdesk includes a system for managing, assigning, and prioritizing customer inquiries. This enables your agents to engage customers through various channels and easily convert queries into tickets.
- Gorgias’s pricing system is based on the number of tickets handled per month.
- Freshdesk‘s ticketing system can convert customer issues from any channel into tickets. The platform even comes with AI-powered ticketing.
Email Support (Winner: Freshdesk)
- Gorgias allows you to connect and manage your support emails. It even lets you use email forwarding to receive emails to any address in the Gorgias helpdesk.
- You can use your own email servers for sending and receiving emails through Freshdesk, in addition to setting up your support mailbox via email forwarding.
Sentiment Detection (Winner: Gorgias)
Use this feature to detect how your customers are feeling automatically. You can set up rules based on emotions to automatically allocate your resources to provide the extra attention that is required without the extra work.
- Gorgias allows you to leverage sentiments in rules to automate your workflow.
- By analyzing every reply that the customer sends, Freshdesk maps the sentiment journey throughout the ticket.
Agent Collision Detection (Winner: Freshdesk)
The collision detection feature prevents multiple agents from working on the same ticket at the same time.
- In Gorgias there is always going to be a yellow bar shown at the top, when a ticket is opened.
- In addition to Collision detection, Freshdesk includes a Traffic Cop feature to prevent duplicate replies or replies that do not take recent developments into account.
Order Management (Winner:Freshdesk)
Provides your agents with the tools they need to easily recommend products from your eCommerce store and manage orders without ever leaving the helpdesk.
- Gorgias allows your agents to fully manage orders right from the helpdesk
- In addition to order management, Freshdesk allows you to forecast volumes and spot trends to improve customer service
Queue Management (Winner: Freshdesk)
This feature allows you to avoid an overload of customer inquiries and improve wait time.
- Gorgias does not come with an in depth Queue Management system.
- Freshdesk includes dynamic queue prioritization, allowing you to assign tickets based on various conditions.
3rd Party Integrations (Winner: Freshdesk)
Integrate the helpdesk directly into your website, as well as a large number of third-party stores and apps.
- Both Gorgias and Freshdesk allow you to integrate the helpdesks directly into your website, as well as a large number of third-party stores and apps.
- However, Freshdesk offers 1000+ marketplace apps.
Voice Channels (Winner: Freshdesk)
You can integrate voice channels into your helpdesk to improve the customer relationship experience.
- Gorgias provides voice integration, but allows only 1 number for the basic pricing plan.
- Freshdesk also lets you set up your virtual call center from within the platform. It includes up to 2000 incoming minutes/month with the Growth Omnichannel plan.
Custom IVR menu (Winner: Freshdesk)
Allow your callers to self-select options from an interactive voice response (IVR) menu, in order to route them to the right team.
- Both Gorgias and Freshdesk allow you to create a custom IVR menu.
- However, Freshdesk comes with a Speech IVR bot that enables users to connect with your agents through voice commands.
Social Media (Final Winner:Both)
Facebook Integration (Winner: Both)
- Both Gorgias and Freshdesk convert the messages received on your Facebook Messenger to tickets.
Instagram Integration (Winner: Gorgias)
- Gorgias allows your agents to easily view and reply to Instagram messages through the dashboard without switching tabs.
- Freshdesk does not integrate with Instagram natively. (Additional monthly feature fee)
WhatsApp Integration (Winner: Both)
- Both Gorgias and Freshdesk allow your agents to easily view and reply to WhatsApp messages.
Twitter Integration (Winner: Freshdesk)
- Gorgias does not provide Twitter integration with their Basic and Pro plans.
- Freshdesk offers native Twitter integration with all its plans.
Customer Portal (Final Winner: Freshdesk)
Knowledge base (Winner: Freshdesk)
Convert your most frequently asked support questions into a knowledge base of help articles, allowing customers to help themselves.
- For Gorgias, this feature is not native and requires a 3rd party integration.
- Freshdesk lets you publish knowledge base portals for different products, in multiple languages.
Community/Forum (Winner: Freshdesk)
A Community or Forum enables customers to interact and help each other by answering questions and sharing best practices.
- Gorgias, unfortunately, does not provide this feature.
- Freshdesk also allows you to create a community so that your customers can interact with one another. (Included in Pro, Enterprise plans)
Self-service Portal (Winner: Both)
Set up a self-service portal where your customers can check their order status, tracking number, and shipping information, as well as create templated tickets to report order issues.
- Gorgias allows you to set up a self-service portal within the live chat widget.
- Freshdesk lets you set up a portal to browse through your Knowledge Base, engage on your Forums, and raise and track their tickets.
Automation (Final Winner: Freshdesk)
Workflow Management (Winner: Both)
Whether you have agents assigned to specific channels or not, workflow tools can be used to automatically assign tickets to the appropriate person or team. This allows your agents to quickly switch between channels and focus on resolutions.
- Both Gorgias and Freshdesk come with this feature.
Chatbots (Winner: Freshdesk)
Set up custom bots that enable you to collect relevant customer information, increase agent productivity, and streamline the support experience.
- Gorgias allows you to set up custom rules at various customer touchpoints.
- Freshdesk‘s AI system interacts with customers via any channel 24/7 and delivers a relevant answer from the knowledge base.
Customer Intents (Winner: Freshdesk)
Automatically detect, and route bot conversations based on customer input. With this feature, you can now create automated workflows to handle specific customer intents.
- Gorgias lets you set up rules to recognize the intents behind your customers’ messages. However, for automation options on Gorgias, the Automation add-on feature is required.
- Freshdesk enables your self-service bot to understand your customers’ intent during a conversation
Auto-assign Tickets (Winner: Both)
- Gorgias will allow you to have your helpdesk automatically assign incoming tickets to available members of your teams.
- Tickets in Freshdesk can be assigned based on an agent’s skill, workload, or distributed equally amongst your team. (Included in Pro, Enterprise plans)
Reports (Final Winner: Freshdesk)
Performance Metrics (Winner: Freshdesk)
- Gorgias comes with detailed insights and reports on team performance. (Tickets created per channel per day, and Tickets created per channel.)
- With Freshdesk, you get a bird’s eye view of how your team is performing on key support metrics through the Performance Distribution report
Revenue Analytics Reports (Winner: Gorgias)
Calculate how much revenue your support team makes by guiding customers through the purchasing process. This allows you to easily track customer conversion and the revenue generated by pre-sale tickets.
- Gorgias allows you to easily track customer conversion and the revenue generated by pre-sale tickets.
- Freshdesk, unfortunately, does not come with Revenue reports.
Customer Feedback (Winner: Both)
- Gorgias lets you measure customer satisfaction by using CSAT survey data.
- Freshdesk also allows you to use the CSAT survey report to know how your customers feel about your support.
Customer portal (Winner: Freshdesk)
The customer portal reports give you the analytics that help you monitor the views of your knowledge base or guide. It also informs you whether people found your articles useful or not.
- Gorgias, unfortunately, does not come with this feature.
- You can integrate Freshdesk with Google Analytics to get a quick idea of what customers are looking for in your support portal.
Gorgias vs Freshdesk – Bottom Line:
So, Gorgias and Freshdesk. With the above factors compared, which tool do you think is the right one for your company?
We hope this guide cleared up some questions and made it easier to choose a platform.
If you want to make it easier for customers to contact your service team while also empowering your support reps to provide the best service possible, Saufter.io could be the platform for you. It is a multi-channel customer service help desk designed for small businesses and enterprise teams. The platform is designed to be cost-effective, easy to set up, and most agents can get started on Saufter with little to no training.
So, what are you waiting for?