Last Updated: December 2023
According to Wpforms, There are an estimated 12 million – 24 million eCommerce sites across the entire globe, with more and more being created every single day. So it can be really tough for you to compete without the right ecommerce services in place.
Nevertheless, good customer service can help you put a leg up on the competition. In fact, 89% of businesses are expected to compete mainly on customer experience and 50% of organizations will redirect their investments to customer experience innovations.
And you should also know that 96% of consumers say customer service is an important factor in their choice of loyalty to a brand. And 52% of then believe companies should act on the feedback provided by their customers, as per Microsoft report.
But how would you provide customers with an exceptional customer service experience?
In this post, we will help you know:
- What are managed services and their importance?
- How eCommerce managed services can help your business grow
What are managed services and their importance?
Managed services are the type of third-party services that take care of various aspects such as customer service, basic networking, handling customer databases, application upgrades, and the security and maintenance of your website. These services are generally rented out on a monthly/yearly subscription basis.
Simply put, managed e-commerce services include outsourcing the responsibility of your e-commerce business tasks to a third-party service provider with the motive of improved operations and reduced operational costs and other expenditures.
Here’s how a good eCommerce management services company like Helplama can prove to be of great importance for your company:
- Cost reduction: Adopting these services leads to a reduction in expenses, as it covers multiple processes that might cost you way more individually. In fact, cost reduction is the primary objective of outsourcing for 70% of the companies.
- Stay updated: It is a great way for you to stay updated with the latest technologies and trends.
- Security: Security is a big concern that most companies struggle with. Have a look at some stats:
- Nearly 80% of senior IT employees and security leaders believe their companies lack sufficient protection against cyberattacks despite increased IT security investments.
- Research from IBM suggests that $2.9 million is lost to cybercrime every minute and that the average cost of a data breach in 2020 was $3.86 million. And the majority of companies — 77% — don’t have a cybersecurity incident response plan applied across the enterprise
- Phishing attack makes up for 80% of reported security incidents. As of January 2021, Google has registered more than 2 million phishing sites.
- The world faces over 100,000 malicious websites and 10,000 malicious files daily, as per Check Point research.
- Cybercrime is expected to reach an annual cost of $10.5 trillion by 2025.
- Some types of cyber threats, such as “malware and ransomware” increased by 358% and 435% during the year 2021.
- Focus on core business: By delegating repetitive and time-consuming tasks to a managed services company, you and your in-house team get time to focus on the relatively important tasks at hand.
- Uber-talented agents: Managed services companies like Helplama often have strong recruitment processes and filter 100s of agents every day which is not possible to establish for a small e-commerce business.
As your company gets bigger, so do the tasks and responsibilities. Hence, an e-commerce management company comes in handy in this situation.
Let’s understand in detail how eCommerce managed services can benefit your business:
9 key ways managed e-commerce services can help your business grow
The following are eight ways by which ecommerce managed services can help you grow your business this year:
If you run a small and medium-sized company with limited resources, establishing an in-house team and infrastructural expenses can be quite high. You would end up paying a high amount for some service that you don’t require that frequently. Little expenditures here and there on such services end up costing a lot while calculating the overall expense of your company.
However, managed services are quite a cost-effective alternative to this. By outsourcing business processes, you only pay for the services when you use them.
It helps in reducing capital expenditure and operational costs. Hence, it helps you spend on more important processes like marketing and acquisition strategies.
2. Reduced downtime
An eCommerce site should always be up and running. Downtime or any other faulty issue with an ecommerce site must be taken care of immediately.
That’s because it can not only lower your revenue but can make your customers feel frustrated as well.
As per studies, downtime costs small businesses up to $8,600 per hour. So, it’s a crucial thing to monitor.
But monitoring your ecommerce store 24×7 can be overwhelming for you.
Managed ecommerce services can be a real blessing during these times. According to Sysgroup, “Your network can be monitored 24/7/365, leading to guaranteed 99.99% uptime.”
Managed services professionals always stay on their feet and make sure that any anomaly gets taken care of immediately. Regular site monitoring helps them detect an issue at an early stage and makes them take care of it right then and there. It also helps your site steer clear of any security threats as well.
3. Fast resolutions to your customers
You have to admit it – Customers do not like to wait, making fast response times crucial while providing support to customers.
At times, the in-house team of your company might not be able to give out quick resolutions for some issues due to them being occupied with other priority tasks. But you can’t afford to provide a bad customer service experience to your customers as consequences can be harsh.
Here are a few stats you should know:
- 70% of complaining customers will do business with you again if you resolve the complaint in their favor.
- On average, a happy customer will tell three people about her great experience, while an unhappy one will tell more than three times that.
- 91 percent of customers leave after a bad customer service experience and will not willingly do business with that company again.
However, a good third-party e-commerce customer service provider can ensure fast response times to your customers, ensuring a satisfying experience.
4. Security enhancement
Security has been the cause of concern for many companies across the globe. The fear of losing important data, hackers getting into your system, or some fatal virus attacking your system, is quite common in the online world. This is where managed services have you covered.
According to Hill Country Tech Guys, “43% of cyber attacks target small business”. The managed services team works round the clock to scrutinize your sites regularly to check for threats. They also keep your system updated with the latest technology that can help maximize your site’s security.
5. Creative strategies
Due to the immense workload, your regular team might fall short while coming up with innovative strategies. On the other hand, the managed services team takes note of your business model, objectives, and expenses. After analyzing these aspects they try to come up with creative and unique strategies.
According to Fortunly, “49% of businesses say that outsourcing their IT functions frees up key resources to focus on their core business”. They also indulge in market research and analyze your competitors’ standings in the market. This then helps them come up with a strategy that would help you expand your sales and make your mark in the market.
6. Smooth management of website and catalog
Sometimes you fall a little short during the management of your catalog and website. This is where managed services work their magic. The team makes sure that your website content is properly optimized with the latest trends and whether it can cater to your customers’ needs or not.
Also, the team ensures that your website is always up and running. Regular website scrutiny helps them detect issues at an early stage and is treated accordingly. This helps in relieving pressure from your regular team and helps them focus on the relatively important tasks.
7. Upgradation to latest trends
In the eCommerce business, you must always stay updated with the latest trends. The failure to do so could cost you losing potential customers to your competitors. The managed services team helps make sure that you have all the latest tools in your arsenal to maximize your growth.
According to Hill Country Tech Guys, “55% of SMB owners believe the tech tools their organizations use right now actually get in the way”. The team indulges in market research and analyzes the latest trends in the market and how customers respond to them. They then suggest ways by which you can efficiently capitalize on those trends. Also, they tell you trends that best work with your customer base.
8. Simplifying complex processes
The IT space in any eCommerce website can get a bit complex at times. Sometimes, the site is met with an issue that is a bit too confusing for the assigned team. Even if they do come up with a solution, it becomes a bit hard to put that solution into action as the main team fails to understand it due to its complexity.
The managed services team does wonders in such situations. The team consists of trained IT professionals. They tackle most of the issues on their own or give simplified solutions that the whole team can understand and implement. They have various contingency plans ready for different issues that might arise in an eCommerce company.
9. Reduced workload and increased productivity
Outsourcing your customer service can also result in reduced workload and increased productivity of your in-house team.
And if you are putting more than enough load on your in-house team, they will still find ways to be sterile. In fact, there are several reports stating that average productivity is declining, 65 percent of employees report using the internet for non-work purposes throughout the workday.
Here are some other stats you should know:
- Studies have shown a 38% increase in productivity from engaged employees.
- The top 10% of productive employees tend to work, on average, 52 minutes before they take a break. Those breaks are about 17 minutes long. That means these employees are on break for nearly 30% of their workday!
- Happy employees’ productivity was boosted by about 12%.
- Tired employees are less productive than their well-rested counterparts — amounting to $63 billion in lost productivity for American companies.
The eCommerce market has grown exponentially and it will only become bigger over the years. Along with its rise, there has been a rise in competing eCommerce companies, responsibilities, daily operations, and customer expectations.
Most of the time, when one part of a business experiences a hiccup, other parts are affected too. But that doesn’t happen when you have outsourced IT support. Specifically, companies are embracing the benefits of outsourcing customer support and IT positions.
So, it’s a no-brainer that managed e-commerce services can be a great alternative that could help relieve some of your burdens. Make sure you avail managed services to maximize your growth!