Are you aware that having knowledge base software on your website can significantly reduce your ticket volume?
As per data, 67% of consumers choose the knowledge base self-service over talking to a business agent, and a whopping 91% of customers are willing to try an online information base if it is accessible and matches their necessities.
However, the real struggle is finding the right software for your business. Keeping this in mind, we have done a search of the top 10 knowledge base software available now.
Through this post, we will be sharing with you the details of each of these knowledge base systems.
Let’s dive into the details!
Knowledge Base Software: A Cost Comparison
|Alternative||Pricing Starts At||Pricing Limitations|
|Zoho Desk||Free plan available||
|Confluence||Free plan available||
|Guru||Free plan available||
Top 10 Knowledge Base Software
- Helplama Helpdesk
- Zoho Desk
- Document 360
1) Helplama Helpdesk
Helplama Helpdesk is a comprehensive customer service tool that includes everything from order management to automated workflows. They also offer knowledge base software that you can integrate into your website. By utilizing Helplama Helpdesk’s knowledge base, you can reduce the number of customers contacting your service team because they will have a ready-made solution to their common issues.
- The knowledge base system is available from the base plan itself.
- Provides an internal knowledge base also through which you can train and educate agents.
- Comes with native integration with Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento.
- The base plan does not cover automated agent training.
This software comes with a 15-day free trial. After that, you can opt for the priced versions, which come in 3 tiers as follows:
- Standard – $99/month
- Pro – $199/month
- Enterprise – $399/month
2) Zendesk Knowledge Base
Zendesk offers a smart and highly customizable knowledge base software so that both your customers and agents benefit from the self-service option. When it comes to your business perspective, you will get the advantage of reduced support costs and ticket volume. This platform also provides excellent analytics regarding your knowledge base performance.
- Using the Web Widget and Mobile SDK, you can provide in-context self-service on your product page or website.
- Provides you with AI-powered suggestions on customer interests and thereby helps you to add or remove data from your knowledge base.
- Gives your agents access to update and edit your knowledge base.
- Some users report that the dashboard is not user-friendly.
- The base plan does not cover the customer portal for self-service.
- The software requires a learning curve to be used at its full potential.
You can use their features free for a 14-day free trial. After that, the pricing of this knowledge management software is categorized as follows:
- Support Team – $19/agent/month
- Support Professional – $49/agent/month
- Support Enterprise – $99/agent/month
3) Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk understands that every customer issue may not need an agent to resolve. That’s why their knowledge management software is designed to add articles and FAQs to your knowledge base. This tool is also really flexible since it lets customers directly raise tickets from the knowledge base itself.
- Equipped with both a private knowledge base for your agents and a public knowledge base for your customers.
- Through their knowledge base dashboards, you can get analytics on your knowledge base interactions.
- Lets you add multiple versions of your knowledge base.
- Help center for multiple brands can only be set up in the topmost plan.
- Some users report the knowledge base offered by Zoho is just like another search engine. If the customer is not sure about the correct topic to search for, this may often lead to irrelevant results.
- The user interface is a bit confusing for newbies.
You can avail of any of their plans for a 15-day free trial. After that, you can either go for their free version with limited features or paid versions with a few more additional features.
The pricing plans are classified as follows:
- Standard – $12/agent/month
- Professional – $20/agent/month
- Enterprise – $31/agent/month
4) Document 360
Document 360 incorporates everything you need to know about creating a knowledge base as well as running it successfully. To make it more user-friendly they have classified their services into three as follows:
- Knowledge base Portal – For editors, writers, and reviewers
- Knowledge Base Site – For customers and employees
- Knowledge Base Assistant – For SaaS products and websites
Each category is loaded with unique features to cater to the needs of the specific groups mentioned above.
- Lets you set your knowledge base in multiple languages and create unique home pages for each language.
- It allows you to compare two article versions using specific tools.
- Allows you to design and manage your documentation workflow process along with assigning roles and due dates.
- WordPress content cannot be imported directly.
- It is not available on iOS and Android platforms.
- Some users report that the article comment management section is a bit weak.
The pricing plans of this knowledge management software are categorized into 4 tiers as follows:
- Startup – $99/project/month
- Business – $249/project/month
- Enterprise – $499/project/month
- Enterprise Plus – Custom Pricing
Confluence is a knowledge base software that comes with in-built Jira integration. This software lets you create, collaborate, and organize all your documentation work in one space irrespective of your team size. With their in-built templates, you can personalize your knowledge base as per your brand’s look.
- Through labels and an intuitive page hierarchy, this software makes sure that the pages don’t get messed up.
- Helps co-authors to edit in real-time and provides notifications to teammates when they are assigned any tasks.
- Provides unlimited spaces and pages from the base plan itself.
- Insights and analytics are available only in top-priced versions.
- Some users report the mobile functionality is limited compared to the web version.
- Many users complain about the navigation is clunky at times.
This platform provides a free version with limited features. The paid versions of this software are categorized as follows:
- Standard – $5.50/user/month
- Premium – $10.50/user/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
With Bloomfire your agents can provide valuable and insightful service to your customers through a single, searchable knowledge base software. This software believes in democratizing the knowledge within your company so that every employee is equally insightful.
- With the help of curation tools, you can identify duplicate content, schedule content reviews, and flag articles for review.
- Through their rich text editor, you can add texts, charts, images, audio, or video to your knowledge base.
- Provides AI-generated tags to easily identify articles.
- Some users report that the navigation is a bit tricky.
- As per reviews, the screen size of articles is not adequate.
The pricing plans of this knowledge base system are classified into two as follows:
- Essential – $25/user/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
HappyFox is a wholesome knowledge management software that lets you create both an internal knowledge base for your employees and an external knowledge base intended for your customers. Its simple and customizable design, social media integration, and mobile-friendly nature make it quite a handy and user-friendly tool.
- Comes with a structured index and helps customers to find exactly what they are looking for through the ‘Auto-Suggest’ feature.
- Helps content creators to add any downloadable files along with articles so that customers can download and use those files for future references.
- Automatically asks for customer feedback and provides you with analytics on the performance of your knowledge base.
- The maximum number of brands you can work on is capped at 25.
- There is neither a free version nor a free trial provided.
The agent-based pricing plan of this software is categorized into four as follows:
- Mighty – $29/agent/month
- Fantastic – $49/agent/month
- Enterprise – $69/agent/month
- Enterprise Plus – $89/agent/month
With Proprofs Knowledge Base in hand, you can write articles for your knowledge base, organize it,and utilize it a resourceful guide for your customers. More than setting up a knowledge base, you can also create a self-service help center, company wikis, online documentation, and user manuals with this software.
- Lets you create a knowledge base from scratch or from their 100+ pre-defined, customizable templates.
- Empowers team collaboration to build and share knowledge by assigning roles and permissions.
- Provides SEO-based guidelines so that the ranking, reach, and traffic of your knowledge base increase.
- Co-editing feature is not available.
- According to some users, the number of third-party integrations is limited.
After trying out any of their plans for a 15-day free trial, this knowledge management software provides separate pricing plans for internal and external knowledge bases. It is classified as follows:
- Public Help Center
- Essential – $30/author/month
- Premium – $40/author/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
- Private Knowledge Base
- Essentials – $2/user/month
- Premium – $3/user/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
Guru is a platform dedicated to creating an internal knowledge base for your company. Through this knowledge management system, your sales, support, and marketing team can succeed at their job without searching here and there for procedures and policies your company follows. So, it can literally act as a ‘company wiki.
- Helps you share product information with your agents to avoid repeated questions.
- Through Guru’s knowledge alerts, every employee receives updates even if they have missed a significant chat, email, or video regarding the same.
- Lets you streamline your internal communication workflow among your employees, whether they are working remotely or on-site.
- Once a comment is made in an article, it cannot be removed and will stay there forever.
- Some users report that the formatting options of Guru Cards (a card is where all of your content is stored in Guru) are limited.
- The free version does not provide you with analytics.
This knowledge base system has a free version and paid versions. The paid versions of this platform come under 3 categories as follows:
- Builder – $10/user/month
- Expert – $20/user/month
- Enterprise – Custom pricing
The knowledge base software of Helpjuice has a very user-friendly interface with its Google-like search feature. Through this platform, you can create both internal and external knowledge bases optimized for SEO.
- Comes with a dozen customizable themes to make your knowledge base attractive.
- Lets you enable self-service in your customers’ native language through their multi-lingual supporting knowledge base.
- Through their detail-oriented analytics, you will get insights into who viewed your knowledge base, what you should be writing, and what needs improvement.
- Due to its expensive pricing options, it is not at all suitable for small businesses.
- Some users report this platform lacks the function of organizing uploaded images, files, and downloads.
The pricing scheme of this knowledge base system comes under 4 categories as follows:
- Starter – $120/month
- Run-Up – $200/month
- Premium Limited – $289/month
- Premium Unlimited – $499/month
To Sum It Up:
As you’ve read this article, you’ve probably realized how beneficial it is to have a knowledge base for your company’s website. It is evident that having a knowledge base software is not only beneficial for your support team, but also for your customers.
We have provided you with the top 10 knowledge base software to choose from. Every alternative has its own unique features. So, before opting for one, prioritize your business needs and choose accordingly.
If you want to leverage the efficiency of your customer support team, equip them with Helplama Helpdesk. Our tools are powerful enough to reduce the workload of your team through automated workflows and many more features. We also provide customized pricing plans.
So, what are you waiting for?