Last Updated: February 2024
Zoho Vs Freshdesk
Freshdesk and Zoho desk are service desk software. Both are considered top in the market. But for business owners like you, it is a contemplating situation where you have to choose one application, Freshdesk or Zoho that best suits your needs.
Well, to help you we are going to compare the features of Freshdesk vs Zoho Desk in this article. Review it and pick the best software for your company.
Freshdesk Vs Zoho Desk Feature Comparison
Organize and handle incoming requests from users to easily resolve them by using the ticket management system.
- Freshdesk – Create, edit, categorize, prioritize, and assign tickets. You may track and manage requests from multiple channels in one inbox.
- Zoho Desk – Log the tickets to acknowledge the problem. Update, assign and track the tickets. Plus, you can collect support requests from different channels and organize them in a single interface.
Refers to the ability to connect and collaborate with team members and employees outside the team to work on the resolution of an issue together.
- Freshdesk – Share the ownership of tickets. Resolve complex problems by splitting them into child tickets and linking them. Furthermore, discuss the specific parts of tickets with experts across the organization.
- Zoho Desk – Team Feed tool enables in-app conversations. With ticket sharing, keep ownership with your parent department while sharing it across departments. Ask for help by tagging someone or with @ mentions.
Email Ticketing System
The email ticketing system automatically converts request emails into support tickets so your team can just work on solving the issue.
- Freshdesk – Configure your system so that whenever a customer writes to your support email address, it will come into Freshdesk as a new ticket. Additionally, you can track, prioritize and respond to support requests.
- Zoho Desk – By setting up email forwarding rules, you can ensure that customer emails are automatically converted into tickets. Moreover, Zoho Desk compiles and organizes tickets in one place.
A service Level Agreement (SLA) is a contract between the company and its end users that defines the level of service expected. While the SLA management feature offers tools that help the organization in fulfilling the contract.
- Freshdesk – Generate different policies for ticket types. For each SLA policy, you can set up reminders, and configure an escalation hierarchy to notify supervisors when an SLA breach occurs.
- Zoho Desk – Create and add multiple SLA cases. When SLA violations happen, the overdue tickets are escalated to the configured employers. Also, set reminder emails.
Supported Platforms (Final Winner: Freshdesk) Rating ⭐5/5
Live Chat & Messaging
- Freshdesk – Engage with your users through live chat and popular messaging platforms like Facebook, Whatsapp, and Apple Business Chat.
- Zoho Desk – With embed chat widget, respond to customers right away. By integrating Whatsapp, and Facebook, you can interact with users on the same platforms.
- Freshdesk – You can set up a virtual call center with all the functionalities including recording outbound and inbound calls, With Omniroute, your teams can balance their workload across emails and calls.
- Zoho Desk – Add a customer service phone number to the Zoho desk to receive calls. The IVR navigates users to the right agent based on the options they choose. Plus, it records incoming and outgoing calls.
- Freshdesk – Supports popular social media channels like Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
- Zoho Desk – Integrates Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter with other support channels.
Self-Service (Final Winner: Both) Freshdesk Rating ⭐5/5, Zoho Desk Rating ⭐5/5
Basically, the knowledge base is a library of information related to your products and services. It is the most basic self-help feature that a helpdesk should offer.
- Freshdesk – Write solution articles and assign a specific category or folder. Build product-focused pages and publish relevant articles. Also, create and update existing FAQs.
- Zoho Desk – Build a knowledge base with a repository of articles, and FAQs. Furthermore, you can set up different knowledge base articles for every product.
Through community forums, you can let your customers interact with each other, ask questions, answer others’ queries, and have discussions about your products and/ or services.
- Freshdesk – Set up community and create new topics. Let the important topics stay on top by making them Sticky and close stale topics by locking them. Moreover, your agents can convert unresolved topics into tickets.
- Zoho Desk – You can control posts in the community and reduce spam and unwanted participation by adding moderators. Plus, restrict the community to specific users or just make it public.
The customer portal is a private area created for users of a business. It has all the relevant and secure information related to customers and your products and/ or services.
- Freshdesk – Lets your consumers access knowledge base articles, and community forums, raise a ticket, and track the status of it. Also, you can choose to customize the portal.
- Zoho Desk – Users can submit and track their tickets. As well as respond to your team’s comments, browse through the knowledge base and engage with the community. What’s more, you may customize the portal to match the feel of your website.
Refers to the ability to gather feedback from users so that you can use it to better your knowledge base performance.
- Freshdesk – Through a feedback mechanism, article writers are automatically notified about feedback so they can implement it.
- Zoho Desk – The article rating tool lets your customers rate the knowledge base articles so your team can know where they need to improve.
Automation (Final Winner: Zoho Desk) Rating ⭐5/5
It is a software application that interacts with your consumers and helps them solve common problems.
- Freshdesk – Presents a chatbot powered by Freddy AI that delivers instant and precise answers to user queries. Furthermore, refers to relevant articles based on the questions asked by consumers.
- Zoho Desk – Has contextual AI called Zia that chats with your customers. Processes their questions and shares relevant solutions from the knowledge base. Also, informs you about the topics for which solutions are not available or helpful.
Winner: Zoho Desk
- Freshdesk – Assigns tickets to the right agents based on keywords, requester, or properties. Additionally, allows you to perform various actions on different tickets by configuring time and event triggers.
- Zoho Desk – Ensures that a ticket is assigned to the appropriate agent. Sends alerts, adds tasks, and performs actions based on your conditions. Next, manages cross-functional processes through the Blueprint feature.
Winner: Zoho Desk
Reporting & Analytics (Final Winner: Freshdesk) Rating ⭐4.5/5
Performance Insights Based on SLA
- Freshdesk – Using SLA management software, you can get performance reports based on ticket properties including type, priority, and source. You shall also see who regularly violates SLA policies.
- Zoho Desk – Track the progress of customer service efforts such as the number of overdue tickets, average response time, and SLA breaches. You can easily generate reports and deliver them to your inbox.
- Both Freshdesk and Zoho Desk monitor the progress of tickets and your team. They allow you to create custom reports and visualizations as per your needs. They also inform you about how the knowledge base is doing, every individual agent’s performance, and customer satisfaction ratings.
Freshdesk is a cloud-based email ticketing software that lets you provide helpdesk services to your customers. Whereas Zoho Desk is a context-aware user support software that is most suitable for larger enterprises.
We hope that the Freshdesk vs Zoho Desk feature comparison helps you to decide on the best solution for your business.
In case you are still doubtful about which one to choose, then you can pick Saufter.io. It is an all-around service desk software designed for every business. The software offers automation, marketing, basic customer support tools, and even agent-related services at reasonable prices.