Last Updated: December 2023
Customer service expectations are shifting, with customers demanding faster, more responsive service across all channels and on any device. Nowadays, a quick problem resolution can mean the difference between a good and a bad customer experience.
In fact, 90% of customers rate an “immediate” response as essential or very important when they have a customer service question.
An effective helpdesk software will help you achieve this by allowing you to easily manage all customer queries and automating the majority of support processes. In this article, we’ll help you find the best helpdesk software for your needs so that you can provide excellent customer service all year long.
We will cover the following:
- What Can a Help Desk Software Do for Your Business?
- 6 Best Cheap Help Desk Softwares for Small Businesses
Pricing Starts At
Helplama Help Desk
|Custom pricing||Custom plan|
|Zoho Desk||Free, $14/agent/month||
-Only 3 Free Agents
-No Global Reports & Dashboards
-No Artificial Intelligence
-7 Days Ticket History
-Only 1 Phone Number
-Only 1 Chat Button
-No Collision Detection
-No Access to Market Place Apps
-No Self-service Portal
-No Multilingual Support
-No Custom Ticket Layouts
-No 24/7 Support
-No Service Contracts
-No Web Services API
What Can a Help Desk Software Do for Your Business?
Before we get into the details, let’s go over the basics and get a quick overview of what helpdesk systems do:
- Organize customer inquiries and conversations from various channels (email, phone, chat, or social media).
- Oversee the work of multiple support agents on your team.
- Produce reports on customer satisfaction, agent performance, and so on.
- Personalize your support system with various integrations and extensions.
- Offer comprehensive self-help tools and educational materials for a variety of customer inquiries.
- A seamless experience for your customers and employees, and much more.
The importance of selecting the right helpdesk software based on your business objectives cannot be overstated, and each tool listed below offers a diverse set of features and integrations suitable for businesses of all sizes.
6 Best Cheap Help Desk Softwares for Small Businesses
Helplama Help Desk
Helplama is a multi-channel customer service help desk designed for small businesses and enterprise teams. It is cost-effective, quick, and most agents can get started with Helplama with little to no training. The helpdesk improves response time and productivity by providing AI-suggested responses based on previous tickets handled. The Helplama helpdesk also has social media integration, a live chat widget, an integrated returns center, and other features.
- Helplama offers email support integration as well as AI-drafted emails. This can significantly reduce both your email traffic and workload.
- You can integrate a live chat widget into your website to allow visitors to raise issues in real-time.
- The one-click integration option for e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Magneto, and Woo-commerce, among others, is very convenient.
Helplama helpdesk provides a custom pricing plan based on your requirements. They also provide a 30-day free trial to test out different features.
Pricing details: https://helplama.com/pricing/
Zendesk is one of the most well-known and comprehensive help desk platforms available today. Zendesk’s has a wide array of features, making it an excellent choice for small and medium-sized businesses. The user interface is very simple and intuitive, allowing your team to get up and running quickly. It can also be integrated with a wide range of existing apps.
- The reporting platform provides useful information about customer satisfaction and agent productivity.
- It is simple to provide cross-channel support via email, phone calls, and chats from a single platform.
- Zendesk is always adding new features and is well-suited for mobile devices.
Zendesk help desk price plans start at $19. They also provide a free trial to test out all features.
Pricing details: https://www.zendesk.com/in/pricing/
Salesforce Service Cloud
Salesforce Service Cloud is a cloud-based SaaS solution for managing customer service interactions. It is an all-in-one customer service solution that includes a variety of tools for your team to use when dealing with customer inquiries. The fact that Salesforce Service Cloud is highly customizable and allows for the easy addition of custom workflows is what we liked best about it.
- Salesforce’s user-friendly interface and simple integration options make it easy to get started.
- It comes with pre-built management features to aid in internal communication, ticketing, and so on.
- Salesforce also features a customer self-service portal where customers can lookup FAQs and information for their queries.
Salesforce help desk pricing starts at $25. They also provide a free trial to test out all features for 30 days.
Pricing details: https://www.salesforce.com/editions-pricing/service-cloud/
By now, you know that helpdesk software and ticketing systems provide various tools to meet your customers’ rising expectations. Every platform mentioned in this article includes a distinct set of features and integrations to ensure seamless support. Choosing the right software for your company and learning how to integrate it into your customer service strategy can make all the difference in your organization’s success. If you want to make it easier for customers to contact your service team while also empowering your support reps to provide the best service possible, the Helplama helpdesk could be the platform for you. If you’re starting from scratch, you can opt for managed customer support services tailored for your business starting at $399 per month.