So, business is booming, and you have a backlog of orders to fulfill, queries to clear, and inventory to restock? We get it; at times, it may be an overwhelming experience. If you own one of those small-to-medium businesses (SMB), it might be the perfect time to hire a small business help desk.
Reliable tech support plays a vital role in producing good customer engagement and a hiccup-free shopping experience that is crucial for the development of your business and brand in the long run.
How to Build an IT Support Help Desk?
There are two ways of going about engaging a help desk.
1) Build your I.T. team
You can hire a slew of I.T. professionals equipped to take care of your infrastructure; you also need to invest in small business help desk software required for your team to carry out their tasks, and train them, set metrics, and monitor them. Or you can –
2) Employ an I.T. help desk software
Serving as an extension of your business, you can choose a dedicated SMB help desk that can do everything an I.T. team does and more.
While traditionally, some companies choose to build their IT team to meet the needs of their business, there is no denying the fact that it is an expensive, time-consuming, and cumbersome process, especially if you are an up-and-coming business.
I.T. help desk for small businesses has become an invaluable addition to the modern industry landscape. Many small and even established corporations are looking at help desks to take off the load or improve their existing I.T. infrastructure.
Some help desk corporate providers like HelpLama offer fully managed customer support that takes care of your customer support obligations. These help desks leave your business free to tackle the market with confidence and peace of mind.
Check out how HelpLama can help your business with its no-frills IT solutions.
Okay, What Features Should You Look For in an IT Help Desk Software?
The best help desk software for small businesses is the one that fits your business like a glove, and yes, that was an Ace Ventura reference. Unfortunately, many small business ticketing systems are standard and often don’t always fit perfectly the nature of one business.
These services lead to a disconnect between the brand and the customer and end up doing more harm than good. When looking for a ticketing system for small businesses, prioritize flexibility in areas of service capacity, capability, and customization.
Ease of use is a critical aspect that’s often overlooked by many while looking for an IT ticketing system for small businesses. Usually, firms serve a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical expertise, and a good IT ticketing system for small businesses is equipped to deal with all of them effortlessly.
Well duh! But hear us out; while many lack this service, established some of the best help desk software for small businesses offers two delivery models: On-premises and Software-As-A-Service (SaaS), with the SaaS being marketed as “cloud.”
This cloud delivery model has several benefits as compared to the other, namely,
- A subscription-based pricing model that simplifies your billing and brings down the total costs of ownership
- Zero hosting and maintenance costs
- A more robust and active release cadence that brings your business new capabilities and improves integrations
- Swift scalability to meet demands
- Cutting-edge security than what you’d traditionally receive
SaaS or cloud is a better model for any small business as it drastically improves all aspects of its IT capacity.
High-quality Core and Advanced Capabilities
Many ticketing software for small businesses offer exceptional core and advanced IT capabilities such as –
- Ticketing: An industry-standard procedure to log end-user calls to improve efficiency and avoid confusion or duplication, a boon for businesses.
- Chat: An excellent engagement and reporting tool in any business’s tool kit
- Automation: This is a godsend for many businesses that now can eliminate repetitive processes from their workflow and increase productivity exponentially.
- Self-service: Self-service is an excellent way to empower the users with the knowledge and tools to undertake or rectify IT tasks. This feature reduces pressure on your support team and saves your valuable resources better spent elsewhere.
- Creating Database: Swift and assertive decision-making is vital in businesses. Knowledge-sharing features enhance your team’s ability to make critical decisions from available data that positively impact your business and clients.
- Management and analysis: Businesses generate a wealth of data that often goes underutilized. With active management insights and reporting capabilities, firms can record and process this information for critical insights and identify areas where they can improve.
- Remote control & Monitoring: The convenience of remote control and monitoring is grossly overlooked by many businesses. Active control and monitoring capabilities dynamically change your ability to manage your business.
- Network discovery: With so many ecosystems coexisting, businesses find it hard to build an interconnected network. With network discovery features, that will be a thing of the past.
- Patch management: With the increase in cyber security threats, patch management functions are mandatory for any business functioning in modern times.
- IT asset management: With growth and expansion, many businesses struggle with hardware and software asset management; however, small business help desks like HelpLama offer advanced asset management tools to make the process seamless.
You now know how to choose the right helpdesk for your small business and hopefully steer towards a better future.
Your business’s IT team is just a few clicks away from getting the upgrade it deserves. You can try the Helplama Helpdesk which is a customer service software that can help you automate and scale your customer support. Reach out to HelpLama today and make a seamless transition to update your business for the better.