Last Updated: February 2024
So, business is booming, and you have a backlog of orders to fulfill, queries to clear, and inventory to restock? We get it; at times, it may be an overwhelming experience. If you own one of those small-to-medium businesses (SMB), it might be the perfect time to hire a small business help desk and learn how to choose the right help desk.
Reliable tech support plays a vital role in producing good customer engagement and a hiccup-free shopping experience that is crucial for the development of your business and brand in the long run.
How to Build an IT Support Help Desk?
There are two ways of going about engaging a help desk.
1) Build your I.T. team
You can hire a slew of I.T. professionals equipped to take care of your infrastructure; you also need to invest in small business help desk software required for your team to carry out their tasks, and train them, set metrics, and monitor them. Or you can –
2) Employ an I.T. help desk software
Serving as an extension of your business, a dedicated SMB help desk can perform tasks similar to an I.T. team and more.
While traditionally, some companies choose to build their IT team to meet the needs of their business, there is no denying the fact that it is an expensive, time-consuming, and cumbersome process, especially if you are an up-and-coming business.
I.T. help desk for small businesses has become an invaluable addition to the modern industry landscape. Small and established firms seek help desks to ease or enhance their IT infrastructure burdens.
Some help desk corporate providers like Saufter offer fully managed customer support that takes care of your customer support obligations. These help desks leave your business free to tackle the market with confidence and peace of mind.
Check out how HelpLama can help your business with its no-frills IT solutions.
Okay, What Features Should You Look For in an IT Help Desk Software?
The best help desk software for small businesses is the one that fits your business like a glove, and yes, that was an Ace Ventura reference. Unfortunately, many small business ticketing systems are standard and often don’t always fit perfectly the nature of one business.
These services lead to a disconnect between the brand and the customer and end up doing more harm than good. When looking for a ticketing system for small businesses, prioritize flexibility in areas of service capacity, capability, and customization.
Ease of use is crucial when selecting an IT ticketing system for small businesses, a factor often underestimated by many. Usually, firms serve a wide range of customers with varying degrees of technical expertise, and a good IT ticketing system for small businesses is equipped to deal with all of them effortlessly.
Well duh! But hear us out; while many lack this service, established some of the best help desk software for small businesses offers two delivery models: On-premises and Software-As-A-Service (SaaS), with the SaaS being marketed as “cloud.”
This cloud delivery model has several benefits as compared to the other, namely,
- A subscription-based pricing model that simplifies your billing and brings down the total costs of ownership
- Zero hosting and maintenance costs
- A more robust and active release cadence that brings your business new capabilities and improves integrations
- Swift scalability to meet demands
- Cutting-edge security than what you’d traditionally receive
SaaS or cloud is a better model for any small business as it drastically improves all aspects of its IT capacity.
High-quality Core and Advanced Capabilities
Many ticketing software for small businesses offer exceptional core and advanced IT capabilities such as –
- Ticketing: An industry-standard procedure to log end-user calls to improve efficiency and avoid confusion or duplication, a boon for businesses.
- Chat: An excellent engagement and reporting tool in any business’s tool kit
- Automation: A boon for businesses, it eradicates repetitive tasks, enhancing productivity remarkably by streamlining workflow.
- Self-service: Self-service empowers users with knowledge and tools, fostering autonomy and efficiency in independent IT task execution. This feature minimizes support team pressure, saving valuable resources for efficiency.
- Creating Database: Swift and assertive decision-making is vital in businesses. Knowledge-sharing features empower teams, driving informed decisions, benefiting business and clients.
- Management and analysis: Businesses generate a wealth of data that often goes underutilized. With active management, firms gain insights to enhance critical areas.
- Remote control & Monitoring: The convenience of remote control and monitoring is grossly overlooked by many businesses. Active control dynamically enhances business management capabilities.
- Network discovery: With so many ecosystems coexisting, businesses find it hard to build an interconnected network. With network discovery features, that will be a thing of the past.
- Patch management: Patch management is crucial for any modern business due to the rising cyber threats, ensuring secure and effective operations.
- IT asset management: With growth and expansion, many businesses struggle with hardware and software asset management; however, small business help desks like Saufter offer advanced asset management tools to make the process seamless.
Choose the right help desk for your small business to navigate towards a better future with informed decisions.
Your business’s IT team is just a few clicks away from getting the upgrade it deserves. You can try Saufter which is a customer service software that can help you automate and scale your customer support. Reach out to Saufter today and make a seamless transition to update your business for the better.