Last Updated: December 2023
Planning to enlarge your Shopify business from retail to wholesale? Then, it’s high time since Shopify wholesale stores are the 4th arising industry in Shopify’s market share.
With Shopify, retail owners with enough production capacity to manage bulk orders can go forward with the wholesale business along with retail.
Yes, you read it right! No need for abandoning your retail business, or starting a fresh Shopify wholesale store.
When you kick off your Shopify wholesale business, the main differences you may feel will not only be in bulk production, but also in order and price management. Because from the B2C business model, you change to the B2B model.
But, not to worry, Shopify App Store is filled with a lot of Wholesale apps to help store owners like you.
In this post, we will be sharing with you:
4 qualities to look for in the best Shopify wholesale app:
- Product Visibility Control – Since you are managing both retail and wholesale stores, the Wholesale app you choose for your Shopify store must give you access to show or hide products according to customers, products, or certain collections. Otherwise, the orders for both stores can often mix up.
- Customer Tagging – The app should give you the provision to tag customers according to their shopping behavior. For example, tiering customers as Silver, Gold, Platinum, etc. This lets you identify specific customers and cater to their business needs accordingly.
- Discount Options – WholesaleShopify customers always expect some discount as they are bulk ordering from your store. Therefore, your store’s wholesale app should give you the liberty to offer discount models like percentage discounts, fixed price discounts, or quantity-based discounts.
- Easy Reorder Option – Repeat purchases are a daily affair for every business. Unlike retail customers, wholesale customers are ordering much larger quantities from you. So, your app should have an easy reorder option to minimize your customers’ effort. The reorder option is also a great way for customer retention. Increasing customer retention by 5% increases profits by 25-95%.
9 Best Wholesale Apps For Shopify:
- Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale
- Wholesale Club
- Wholesale Pricing Discount
- B2B/wholesale Solution
- Wholesale Gorilla
- Wholesale & Custom Pricing
- Charge Me Later, Wholesale app
- Wholesale Order Form & Reorder
1. Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.4/5, 979 reviews)
Provides a 14-day free trial. After that, pricing starts at $39.99/month.
- Helps you in setting wholesale price discounts as percentage discounts, or fixed price discounts.
- Allows you to show specific products to wholesale customers according to their shopping behavior.
- For ease of use, you can categorize customers into Silver, Gold, and Platinum and offer different levels of VIP pricing for each category.
- This app provides the facility of “Auto-tagging” customers to categorize them based on how much they spend, how often they buy, or what they buy.
- You can also add conditional logic; say, for example, after a customer spends $500 and orders 3+ times, they automatically upgrade to the GOLD level.
- Provides the option of tiered discounts, bulk discounts, and quantity breaks. Discounts can be applied across your entire store, specific collections, product types, vendors, or a selected group of products.
- Product visibility can be managed by showing or hiding any product to any customer type simply by adding the tag SILVER-HIDE or SILVER-SHOW to the product.
- Easy migration services are offered as they have a dedicated team of Migration Specialists.
- Works with all channels, product feeds, ERPs, and 3rd party integrations.
- Integrates well with Bold Discounts, Bold Memberships, Bold Loyalties, Bold Multi-Currency, and Bold Bundles.
Bold Custom Pricing: Wholesale is good for:
This is the best wholesale app for easy categorization of your customers. It is also best known for providing outstanding migration services.
2. Wholesale Club (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.7/5, 502 reviews)
Provides a 30-day free trial. After that, the premium plan starts at $29/month.
- With this Shopify Wholesale app clubbed with your store, there is no need to create a second Shopify store or create workarounds for Shopify’s pricing and variants system.
- Enables you to manually tag customers into groups such as Silver, or Gold by analyzing their shopping behavior.
- The “Quick Order Form” is an in-app facility wherein customers can add multiple products to their cart at once, helping them place large orders more easily.
- You can also set “Order Minimums” to create order eligibility requirements for each customer group.
- Pay Later Option-The Professional Plan has the feature of “Net Payment Terms” through which you can allow certain wholesale customers to pay for their order at a later date, such as Net 30, Net 45, or Net 90.
- Provides free customer support.
- Integrates well with Shopify POS.
Wholesale Club is good for:
This Shopify Wholesale app is best known for its Pay Later feature.
3. Wholesale Pricing Discount (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.8/5, 342 reviews)
Provides a 21-day free trial. After that, pricing starts at $19.99/month.
- You can set an unlimited number of discounts, either as percentage discounts, or fixed price discounts, and that too, for the entire store, specific products, or a collection.
- Lets you import/export prices as excel files, so you don’t have to manually set the price for each product.
- Let you set the minimum order quantity required for the discount.
- Comes with the “Pay Later” option, where customers can checkout without making a ready payment.
- This Wholesale app never creates duplicate products or additional variants.
- Fast and reliable customer support team.
- You can enter orders for your customers when they place orders through phone or email. It also works with discount percentages and individual pricing.
- Integrates well with 30+ apps including Wholesale Lock Manager, Shogun, Pagefly, Product FilterSearch, Smile Swell Loyalty, Wholesale Order Form, Page Builders, Advanced Search, and Filter, Loyalty Apps, etc.
Wholesale Pricing Discount is good for:
This wholesale app is best for its customer service and its easy integration with other apps.
4. Wholesale Genius (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.1/5, 237 reviews)
Provides a 15-day free trial. After that, pricing starts at $4.99/month.
- Let you choose customers who can get access to wholesale prices. Only customers approved by you can see the wholesale prices.
- Helps you to manually tag customers into various groups.
- You can set either an offer percentage discount or a fixed price discount without worrying about variant duplication.
- Helps in adding tax and shipping surcharges for orders you receive.
- There is always room for more functionality and customization if you contact them.
- Integrates well with MoonMail, and MONEI Payments.
The Wholesale Genius app is good for:
This app is famous for its policy of paying for its services only if you see results.
5. B2B/ Wholesale Solution (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.9/5,162 reviews)
Provides a 14-day free trial. After that, you can either opt for the free plan or the premium plan with pricing starting from $25/month.
- Enables you to separate retail and wholesale customers from the start by providing separate registration for B2B customers.
- Customize prices according to customer tags, and offer percentage or fixed price discounts for the entire store, specific collection, or products.
- This Wholesale app has a public API that easily integrates with third-party apps.
- You can provide tax exemptions for validated EU VAT numbers/ABN.
- This app comes with an in-built Automatic Currency Switcher.
- You can also add notes and fields to orders.
- Integrates well with Product Labels Pro, Dealer Store Locator, Product Options, B2B Login Access, and B2B Customer Portal.
B2B/ Wholesale Solution is good for:
This Shopify wholesale app lets you create and add discount codes for your customers during checkout.
6. Wholesale Gorilla (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.5/5, 142 reviews)
Provides a 30-day free trial. After that, paid plan starts from $39.95.
- Completely customizable Signup forms– You can add fields, upload files, and collect information required for your unique business needs.
- You can set wholesale prices for your entire Shopify store, specific collections, products, or variants. This app also enables to set of minimum/multiple/maximum quantity rules for the cart, collections, or products.
- The interface is easy to use and no coding knowledge is needed.
- This app automatically tags, activates and creates customer accounts in Shopify.
- While pacing orders, this app automatically tags wholesale orders for easy identification and detailed analytics.
- Provides translation services for your store in Spanish, French, German, Italian, and many more languages.
- You can provide “Expanded Net Terms” – payment terms with due dates, and offer different types of net terms based on customer tags.
Wholesale Gorilla is good for:
This wholesale app for Shopify is best for its single-page order form, and it also has the amazing feature of giving options for shipping partial/complete orders.
7. Wholesale Pricing Now (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.6/5, 138 reviews)
Provides a 14-day free trial. After that, you can either opt for a free plan or paid plan starting from $14.95/month.
This app lets you offer wholesale pricing, custom pricing, tiered pricing, VIP pricing & volume discounts to your wholesale customers.
Comes with a dedicated order form that enables buyers to buy in bulk, add multiple items to the cart on a single page along with applying wholesale discounts/prices.
Let you easily exempt tax for wholesale orders.
The “Upsell Offers” feature enables your customers to spend more and unlock higher discounts on product pages.
They provide complete customer support along with a live chat feature.
Integrates well with In Cart Upsell, Bulk Discounts Now, Preorder Now, Trackify, and Product Customizer.
Wholesale Pricing Now is good for:
This is the only Shopify wholesale app that is compatible with AJAX carts.
8. Charge Me Later, Wholesale app (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.9/5, 118 reviews)
Provides a 4-day free trial. After that, paid plan starts from $9.99/month.
- This app comes with free installation and configuration.
- As the name indicates, this app’s main functionality is giving your customers a pay-later option. You can also either set all customers, or specific customers to pay later.
- You can apply/exclude discounts to any of your product’s variants, without needing to duplicate them.
- Once your customer creates an order, you can send them invoices anytime.
- When you receive the payment, it will be marked as paid and will automatically move to the order list.
Charge Me Later, Wholesale app is good for:
This wholesale app is best known for providing multi-lingual support and for showing text in any language the customer prefers.
9. Wholesale Order Form & Reorder (Overall ratings ⭐ 4.7/5, 115 reviews)
Provides an 8-day free trial. After that, pricing starts from $12.99/month.
- Customers can place orders without browsing through multiple product pages.
- The user-friendly “Reorder” option lets your customer reorder with just two clicks. They can also add/remove products & change the quantity.
- You have complete control over the customers who see your products. You can give access to certain customer tags, or even hide the entire collection from everyone.
- Compatible with mobile.
- Highly customizable options including text translation, color-changing, inventory display, etc.
- Enables barcode display.
- Responsive customer support.
- Integrates well with Wholesale Lock Manager, Wholesale Pricing Discount, Pre-Order Helper, and Auto Currency Switcher.
Wholesale Order Form & Reorder is good for:
This wholesale app for Shopify is good for bulk ordering within seconds and providing barcodes for physical operations.
To sum it up,
Managing your Shopify wholesale store along with your retail store can be overwhelming at times. However, adding a Shopify WholeSale App to your store can turn the tables. With the right wholesale app in your hand, you will be able to manage your retail and wholesale customers separately, get separate analytics for each, and easily manage price variations and bulk orders. The most incredible part is that you don’t have to open a separate wholesale store.
And if you want things to go on smoothly, do not forget to set up a customer support center. But, setting up an in-house customer service center can break the bank.
Instead, outsource Shopify customer service to Helplama’s specialized customer service professionals. With many years of experience in managing customer service for Shopify stores, we will make it feel like having an in-house customer support team.
Also, try the Helplama Helpdesk – the customer service software that can help you automate and scale your customer support.