The days are long gone when people were used to reading text-only content, now people are used to highly engaging content as modern marketers make every effort possible to create content that grabs attention.
70% of companies invest in content marketing, which could include visual marketing strategies, making it crucial for a business to use visuals in its content marketing. Creating unique and attractive content has become the new basis of competition among content marketers.
Psychologically, if we consider the reducing human attention span which has remained 8 seconds, only 1 second less than a goldfish, it seems essential for marketers to use visuals in their content marketing strategy to grab dwindling human attention.
One of the most effective visuals that marketers can use is – Video.
Over half (52%) of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. Let’s have a look at some other fascinating statistics about video marketing that every marketer should know.
Video For Sales, Traffic, and Lead Generation
- Brands that use video marketing grow their year-over-year revenue 49% faster than brands that don’t – Aberdeen
- Having an explainer video on your website can increase conversion rates by 20% or more – Unbounce
- Using video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% – EyeView
- 75% of users visit a company’s website after viewing a video – Digital Sherpa
- Retail site visitors who watch a video stay two minutes longer on average and are 64% more likely to purchase than other site visitors – Comscore
- Companies using video see 41% more web traffic from search than non-video users – Aberdeen
- Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engines – Brightcove
- Video attracts 2-3x as many monthly visitors and doubles their time spent on the site – Marketing Sherpa
- Video is 52 times more likely to show up on page one of Google than text – Unbounce
The ROI of Video Marketing
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI – Insivia
- Blog posts incorporating video attract three times as many inbound links as blog posts without video – Moz
- People are 4x more likely to watch a video about a product than read about it – Animoto
- Enjoyment of video ads increases purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% – Hubspot
Video in Social Media
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined – Brightcove
- Native Video Uploads to Facebook have 10x higher reach than shared YouTube links – Social Bakers
- Video posts have 135% greater organic reach than photo posts on Facebook – Social Bakers
- 100 million hours of video are watched every day on Facebook – TechCrunch
The Psychology of Video
- Visual Data is processed 60,000 times faster than text by the brain – Visual Communication
- Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in the text – Insivia
- 65% of your audience are visual learners – Social Science Research Network
- After 3 days of consuming content, people remember 65% of content if it contains text + visual, while they remember only 10% of content if they see text or audio-only content – Huffspot
- 62% of marketers report using video in their content marketing – Wyzowl
- The top three most widely adopted content marketing tactics are videos (87%), website articles (86%), and in-person events (85%) – Content Marketing Institute
- The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video – Mist Media
- Among millennials, YouTube accounts for two-thirds of the premium online video watch across devices – Think With Google
- YouTube sees 900 million unique visitors every month – Statistic Brain
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week – Insivia
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year – Hubspot
- 85 percent of Facebook videos are watched without sound – Digiday
- The average user spends over 16 minutes watching online video ads every month – ComScore
- Consumers are 85% more likely to buy a product after viewing a product video.
- 87% of marketers say video has increased traffic to their website.
In this rapidly evolving digital age where people’s minds are full of content, it can be hard to capture their attention with average content that consists only of text and a few images. Providing customers with high-quality content that respects their time and attention, is also a part of a great customer service experience.
Be it videos, infographics, or GIFs, modern marketers are using various visual content types to create unique and engaging content to grab people’s dwindling attention.
And as per the above stats, video is definitely one of the best visual content marketers should use in their content marketing strategy. There is no doubt that creating a video requires more effort and resources than other visual content, but as the saying goes “the more you pay, the more it is worth.”
The world is full of text-only emails, boring home pages, and dry landing pages. Video is the promised land, offering a clearer, richer, and more engaging path to learn all about your product and how it can benefit your customers.