With over 41% of customers expecting a live chat widget on a website, it is one of the effective ways to build better relationships and provide quick resolutions to your customers.
With hundreds of options to choose from, the real struggle is finding the right live chat widget for your business. So, to minimize your effort, we have done the legwork of finding the top 10 live chat widgets suited for your business needs.
Let’s dive into further details:
Top 10 Live Chat Widgets
- Helplama Helpdesk
- Zoho Desk
- Live Chat
- Freshdesk Messaging
- Hubspot Live Chat
1) Helplama Helpdesk
Helplama Helpdesk offers a range of tools to improve the efficiency of your customer service team. Unlike other customer service platforms, they believe in keeping both your agents and customers happy.
To leverage customer engagement and easily solve customer queries, they have a live chat software that has a customized live chat widget. The widget can be easily placed on your website.
- The live chat widget is available from the base plan itself.
- The widget includes information including the expected response time and a direct link to the help center for self-service options.
- Comes with in-built native integration to Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento.
- Complete proactive customer support is provided only on the Enterprise plan.
This software comes with a 15-day free trial. After that, you can opt for the priced versions, which come in 3 tiers as follows:
- Standard – $99/month
- Pro – $199/month
- Enterprise – $399/month
Tidio is a platform that offers multi-channel support through live chat and chatbots. They offer a user-friendly chat widget for your website that lets you engage with your customers in real-time.
This platform is mainly useful for small to medium businesses.
- Through the “Message sneak peek” option, you can get an idea of what your customers are typing before they send you the message.
- Provides you with searchable transcripts so that you can easily use a chat for future references.
- Comes with a separate mobile widget section through which you can change both position and button size of the chat widget for mobile appearance.
- Many users report that the notifications are inconsistent.
- At times, the chat icon shows glitches.
This live chat widget for website comes with a 7-day free trial. After that, you can choose either from their free version or paid version categorized as follows:
- Communicator – $19/agent/month
- Chatbots – $49/month( includes 3 agents)
This is a cloud-hosted live messaging platform. With its fast and user-friendly live chat widget, LiveAgent helps you make your customer interactions hassle-free. Since it is a light widget, it won’t affect the loading speed of your website also. It also comes with powerful chat tools to leverage your customer engagement.
- Lets you initiate conversations with proactive chat invitations.
- Comes with the amazing feature of adding a video chat feature in your chat widget.
- Easy installation. You just have to copy the chat widget code automatically generated and pasted to your website.
- Some users report the user interface is a bit clunky.
- As per some reviews, all the integrations do not work as expected.
- There is some lack of accuracy while showing the live visitor count.
After trying out a 14-day free trial offered by this website live chat widget, you can opt either for their free version or paid versions categorized as follows:
- Ticket– $15/agent/month.
- Ticket+Chat– $29/agent/month
- All-Inclusive– $49/agent/month
4) Zoho Desk
Zoho Desk is a customer service software providing a range of services including ticket management, self-service options, and automated workflows. It is also equipped with live chat software with an embedded chat widget to interact with your customers instantly. It can be placed on your website in such a way that customers find it useful and easily accessible when they couldn’t find results in the Help Center.
- Helps you to avoid missed chats. You can set a wait time for every chat after which it automatically gets converted to tickets.
- If you own multiple brands, you can easily set separate live chat widgets for each along with a knowledge base.
- Lets your agents to send customer feedback forms from the live chat widget itself.
- Users report that the software hangs at times.
- Some reviewers feel that the customization options for the widget are limited.
- The reporting system of the live chat feature is not efficient according to some users.
You can try their feature for a 15-day free trial. After that, you can either choose their free version or paid versions classified into three as follows:
- Standard – $14/agent/month.
- Professional – $23/agent/month
- Enterprise – $40/agent/month
LiveChat is a robust tool to manage your customer communication through multiple channels in a single place. It comes with powerful chat tools and analytics to leverage your customer engagement. They provide a chat widget that is optimized for both desktop and mobile applications.
- The agent profiles can be set up with a human touch with details such as name, title, and profile picture in the chat widget.
- Highly efficient chat widget with features of screen reader support, keyboard navigation, and contrast support.
- The chat widget and greetings can be set in 45+ languages so that customers can interact with you in their native language.
- Some users complain about the glitchy notifications that happen at times.
- While opening a new tab, the conversation at hand closes which leads to an abrupt ending of the chat.
- Absence of a spell checker within the widget.
This live chat widget platform provides a 15-day free trial. On completion of the free trial, you can go for any of their paid plans classified as follows:
- Starter – $16/agent/month(billed yearly) or $19/agent/month.
- Team – $33/agent/month(billed yearly) or $39/agent/month.
- Business – $50/agent/month(billed yearly) or $59/agent/month.
- Enterprise – Custom Pricing.
PureChat is a dedicated live chat software you can trust for managing your sales, customer service, and marketing needs. It is a feature-rich platform offering unlimited chats and chats history.
- Using the convenient editor, you can change the appearance of your chat widget and customize it according to your preference.
- Comes with canned responses so that you can cut the response time on repeated questions.
- Files such as images and documents can be shared from within the embedded chat widget.
- Chat transcripts are only available in .txt format.
- At times, the chatbox needs custom coding to position it correctly.
- Does not provide the feature of conversation tagging.
You can try the full features of this platform for free for 30 days. After that, their pricing scheme s comprised of two plans as follows:
- Growth – $39/month
- Pro – $79/month
They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are not satisfied with their services.
7) Freshdesk Messaging
Freshdesk Messaging is a cloud-based chat widget through which you can handle multi-channel platforms. Through a single inbox, you can manage your in-app chat, website chat, WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and iMessage.This platform also lets you handle live chat through their AI-powered and sentiment detecting chatbots.
- Lets you set ‘Topics” on your website chatbox so that customers can select a particular category and interact with the concerned team.
- Admins and team members can set custom chat views to filter conversations that are related to a set of team members, or mapped to a topic.
- Multilingual chat is available in 33+ languages.
- Does not come with a spell checker which often leads to typos in chat.
- Some users report this platform is heavily loaded that even the PC gets heated up.
- Live translation feature is available only from the Pro plan.
A 21-day free trial is available for this product. After that, you can opt for their free version or paid versions. The pricing categories are as follows:
- Growth – $15/agent/month
- Pro – $39/agent/month
- Enterprise – $69/agent/month
Zendesk provides a 24/7 live chat support software with a user0friendly live chat widget you can add to your website. Once this chat widget is added to your website, you can proactively engage with your customers in real-time. Furthermore, your agents can view and scale the conversations in a single place by switching through multiple channels.
- Comes with the feature of chat routing and queue management features.
- Lets you customize your live chat widget according to fonts, colors, and logos to match your brand.
- Provides you with performance metrics such as CSAT, FRT, and ticket volume.
- A lot of users feel that the platform is expensive compared to its competitors.
- Some users report that the software does not support handling multiple chats at times.
- Does not provide the feature of editing a reply once sent.
Zendesk provides a 14-day free trial. After that, the pricing scheme is categorized into three as follows:
- Support Team – $19/agent/month
- Support Professional – $49/agent/month
- Support Enterprise – $99/agent/month
Crisp offers a live chat widget with an ample amount of customization from colors to languages. No matter through which messaging app your customer contacts you, your agents can get access to them through a shared inbox.
- Comes with the amazing feature of ‘In-Chat Games’ to engage customers when you are offline.
- The live chat widget allows you to share files in the form of GIFs and videos to your customer.
- Customers can directly route to the knowledge base from the widget.
- Some users report that the old conversations get mixed up with new ones while chatting with the same customer.
- Users report the integrations provided are not enough.
- Lacks the ability to connect a calendar like Google or Outlook directly to the chatbox.
The live chat widget can be used for a 14-day free trial. You can either choose from the free version or paid versions categorized as follows:
- Pro – $25/month/inbox
- Unlimited – $95/month/inbox
10) Hubspot Live Chat
The live chat widget of Hubspot is ideal for creating better relationships with your customer to convert more leads and close better deals. They also provide no-code chatbot solutions to automate your live chat and provide answers to commonly asked questions.
- The live chat widget can be personalized with targeted welcome messages for different web pages or segments of your audience.
- All the conversations will be saved automatically so that the history is never lost.
- You can add mobile-optimized forms and pop-up banners inside your chat widget.
- Chat widget customization is limited.
- As per the review, the platform often misses chats.
The pricing scheme of this software is categorized as follows:
- Starter – $45/2 agents/month.
- Professional – $360/5 agents/month.
- Enterprise – $1200/10 agents/month.
To Sum It Up:
Adding a live chat widget to your website can help you easily start a conversation with your customers and reduce the chance of missing out a prospective lead. We have provided with you the top 10 live chat widgets you can consider for your brand’s website. Since each alternative is equipped with unique features, before choosing one, have a thorough understanding of your needs.
To enhance the efficiency of your customer service team, equip them with Helplama Helpdesk. With our powerful tools, you can reduce the workload of your team through automated workflows and many more features. We also offer customized pricing plans.
So, what are you waiting for?