In today’s fast-paced world, consumers expect brands to respond quickly. That is why, regardless of size, businesses choose live chat. Furthermore, the global average customer satisfaction rating for live chat is 83.1%. Freshchat (renamed Freshdesk Messaging) is a well-known live chat software that is used by many businesses.
Although this platform is appropriate for your customer service team, there are many Freshchat alternatives if you are considering switching from this software or trying something new.
Let’s go through the top 10 options you can choose from.
10 Freshchat Alternatives & Competitors
1) Helplama Help Desk
Trusted by more than 1500 companies, Helplama help desk software is one of the best alternatives to Freshchat. This CRM tool lets you manage all your customer service activities through a single platform.
This Freshchat alternative provides a 15-day free trial. After that, the pricing plans are categorized as follows:
- Standard – $99/month
- Pro – $199/month
- Enterprise – $399/month
- Provides training to agents through AI-powered chatbots.
- One-click integration option for Shopify, Magento, WooCommerce, etc.
- For all plans, unlimited tickets are provided.
- All plans include 3 agents. Extra charges are applicable for additional users.
- Limited options for visual customization.
2) LiveChat (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 742 reviews)
This is a very user-friendly customer service tool that you can use instead of Freshchat. It has been shortlisted by Capterra as a “Top Performer” in Live Chat Software in 2022.
At first, they provide you with a 14-day free trial. After that, the pricing scheme for this customer service tool is as follows:
- Starter – $16/agent/month(billed yearly) or $19/agent/month.
- Team – $33/agent/month(billed yearly) or $39/agent/month.
- Business – $50/agent/month(billed yearly) or $59/agent/month.
- Enterprise – Custom Pricing.
- Provides intelligent customer engagement.
- Event-triggered actions are available.
- Omnichannel messaging is supported.
- Some users report this software lags when chat volume is high, leading to customer frustration.
- The chat window closes once you open another tab.
- Does not provide auto-replies.
3) Tidio (Overall ratings: 4.7/5⭐, 1,231 reviews)
Tidio is the 3rd most popular live chat software in the USA. This Freshchat alternative combines the strengths of live chat and chatbot to provide you with strong customer service tools.
This tool has a 7-day free trial. After that, you can go for their free or paid plans. The pricing plans are as follows:
- Starter – $32.50/month
- Team – $65.83/month
- Scale – $332.50/month
- Customizable widgets.
- You can automate your customer’s FAQ.
- Huge selection of customizable chatbots.
- Does not provide WhatsApp, Twitter, or Instagram integration.
- Notifications are unavailable when handling multiple chats.
- Multi-lingual support is not provided.
4) Re:amaze (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 129 reviews)
This is an integrated platform for customer service, help desk, and live chat solutions.
It has been shortlisted in the “Emerging Favorite List” in 2022 of Capterra under the category of Help Desk Software.
After trying their free trial for 14 days, you can opt for any of their paid plans as follows:
- Basic – $29/agent/month.
- Pro – $49/agent/month.
- Plus – $69/agent/month.
- Chat widget has an integrated knowledge base.
- Multi-channel support.
- You can create “Intents” (an NLP/ML-based feature) that can be used as automated workflow triggers.
- Ideal for only startups and small businesses.
5) Zoho Desk (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 3,977 reviews)
This Freshchat alternative has been recognized by Crozdesk as a “Leader” in Customer Chat Software in 2022.
This customer service tool comes with a 15-day free trial. After that, you can opt for their free version or paid plans. The pricing plans are as follows:
- Standard – $14/agent/month.
- Professional – $23/agent/month
- Enterprise – $40/agent/month
- Their chatbot “Zia” has a sentiment detection feature.
- Provides knowledge base.
- Social media integration is supported which leverages customer engagement.
- Limited customization for live chats.
- Data integration feature is unavailable.
- Customer support is not that responsive.
6) Front (Overall ratings: 4.7/5⭐, 1,503 reviews)
The commendable part of this Freshchat software is its simplicity in design. It is designed like an email platform. So, your agents can use it with ease.
A 7-day free trial is available. After that, pricing plans are categorized as follows:
- Starter – $19/2 agent/month
- Prime – $49/5 agent/month
- Enterprise – $99/10 agent/month.
- Provides customer service analytics.
- Customer tagging feature is available.
- Helps in arranging messages naturally into group inboxes.
- Query suggestions are unavailable.
- Offline form is not supported.
- Slack integration does not work properly at times.
7) Zendesk (Overall ratings: 4.3/5⭐, 4,883 reviews)
Zendesk has been recognized as a “Leader” in Customer Chat Software by Capterra in 2022.
The pricing plan for this Freshchat alternative is categorized as
- Support Team – $19/agent/month
- Support Professional – $49/agent/month
- Support Enterprise – $99/agent/month
- Excellent Macros.
- Easy integration with other platforms.
- Helps you in tagging and tracking issues.
- Many users report the pricing is high.
- Enables only basic collaboration features among your team.
- The wait time to contact customer service is lengthy.
8) Gorgias (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 471 reviews)
This helpdesk software is designed especially for e-commerce businesses like Shopify, Woo Commerce, Magento, etc.
The pricing plans are broken down into 4 tiers as follows:
- Basic – $50/month.
- Pro – $250/month.
- Advanced – $625/month.
- Enterprise – Custom pricing.
- An unlimited number of agents for all packages.
- Lets you respond to comments from posts and ads on Facebook and Instagram.
- Comes with the feature of intent and sentiment detection.
- Customizations are limited.
- Customer support is not so appreciable.
- The plans are not budget-friendly, especially for small teams.
9) LiveAgent (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 1,404 reviews)
This is a cloud-hosted live messaging platform. It is multi-channel helpdesk software that is one of the top competitors of Freshchat.
This customer service tool provides a 14-day free trial. After that, you can either opt for their free version or paid plans. The pricing plans are categorized as follows:
- Ticket– $15/agent/month.
- Ticket+Chat– $29/agent/month
- All-Inclusive– $49/agent/month
- Provides both internal and external knowledge base.
- Automated responses are available.
- Supports social media integration.
- Translation features are not automated.
- Some users report the statistics and reporting feature is not up to the level.
- The initial setup takes some time.
10) tawk.to (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 162 reviews)
This is a completely free customer support tool that you can use as a Freshchat alternative. Along with the live chat feature, you get access to features such as a knowledge base, ticketing solutions, team chat, and many more.
- Easy setup in less than one minute.
- Lets you track the performance of your team.
- You will get access to website visitors in real-time.
- The notifications are a bit inconsistent, which may lead to missed chats.
- Some users report that the dashboard design is a bit complex.
Live chat software is always useful in preventing customer conversion losses. It is also an excellent technique for increasing customer engagement. This post has provided you with information about Freshchat alternatives that you can use in your customer service. Each tool has its own set of characteristics. Decide what you want from your live chat software before selecting one from the list.
However, consider the AI-powered live chat software offered by Helplama Helpdesk. Along with real-time engagement with your customers, it can assist your team with automated e-commerce workflows and robust reports. They also offer customized pricing plans.
So, what are you waiting for?