Last Updated: February 2024
Things keep changing inevitably for growing eCommerce brands—especially when you scale. One moment, your entire customer service process is running smoothly. The next thing you know, you’ll need to fine-tune processes. Once you begin to scale, a finely balanced system starts to wobble. It can put your brand in danger of drifting from consistently high quality into the crowded swamp of mediocrity. For growing eCommerce brands, change is unavoidable and usually desired. And it sure is not easy to handle. It takes deliberate efforts and thoughtful actions to scale your customer support for eCommerce while maintaining high quality. The challenge, however, lies in having the right tools at your disposal.
eCommerce Customer Support Tools For Scaling Your BusinessHere’s a list of nine eCommerce customer service software/tools you must know before scaling your business.
1. Helplama HelpdeskHelplama helpdesk is a cloud-based helpdesk solution ideal for eCommerce customer support. It integrates with your email support and provides AI-drafted emails and chat responses. Its automated training module trains and tests agents based on their previous chats. Plus, it offers multiple integrations with Facebook, Instagram, Shopify, Slack, and others.
- Automated agent training
- Automated orders and returns center
- Agents marketplace
- UGC collection
- Influencer identification
- And everything else that current helpdesks in the market offer
USP:Helplama identifies happy customers and tries to automate the collection of Google reviews, Trustpilot reviews, and user-generated videos. Later, you can use it for your social media content. This converts customer support into a marketing activity without putting in major efforts. Handpicked Related Content: Save Time and Money by Automating Your Customer Support
2. ZendeskZendesk has established itself as a “champion of customer support” and is a go-to tool for online eCommerce customer support. It is a cloud-based help desk solution offering customizable features and has a solution plan for all, whether a startup, SMB, or an enterprise-level brand.
- Ticket routing
- Live chat software
- Native integrations
- Custom knowledge base
- Tracking and reporting
- Self-service portal
- Community forums
- Customizable ticket layouts
USP:Social media has become a popular go-to place for customers to seek support. With Zendesk, you can integrate your social media like Facebook Messenger with your eCommerce customer service software and automate the ticket generation process.
3. Hubspot Service HubBuilt on Hubspot’s CRM platform, Hubspot Service Hub is an easy-to-use solution with a comprehensive set of tools to deepen customer relationships. It helps you take the customer-first approach and lets you connect to the front office directly to drive service efficiency.
- CRM platform with hundreds of integrations crafted in-house
- Team inbox for collaboration
- Omnichannel messaging
- SLA management
- Chatbot support for routine queries
- Consolidated dashboard
USP:It can customize records, surveys, dashboards, and more. It offers all the customization that you might need and prevents unnecessary complexity.
4. FreshdeskFreshdesk Support Desk is a feature-rich, multi-channel eCommerce customer service software that e-commerce brands can use to deliver personalized, instant, and consistent support across email, Twitter, Facebook, and support portals.
- Unify multiple channels into a single view
- Offer personalized and contextual help
- Reduce ticket volume through knowledge bases
- Measure customer satisfaction and team performance
- Monitor and respond to brand mentions on Twitter and Facebook
- Integrate with common e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Bigcommerce, Magento, etc.
- Automate common e-commerce service workflows
USP:It also offers helpful eCommerce customer service tools for email, social media, and phone support, apart from live chat. You can manage all these channels from a single interface.
5. LiveChatThe LiveChat tool enables agents to solve customer issues in real-time, from wherever they are, like the website homepage or inside your mobile app. It is perfect for eCommerce customer support teams looking to provide proactive services.
- Interact with prospective buyers while they are still on your website
- Improve the buying experience by presenting and recommending new collection
- Access CRM containing customer data from pre-chat surveys, chat interactions, and more
- Connect with your customers via their favorite channels like Messenger or SMS
USP:It enables a business to offer support round the clock. During offline hours, chatbots can conduct the conversation and help customers resolve their queries whenever they want. This is a win-win situation, especially for eCommerce customer support. Handpicked Related Content: 15 Best Live Chat Software Solutions We’ve Used
6. SurveyMonkeyThe role of SurveyMonkey is usually post-sales. It enables you to gather feedback from your target audience with minimum disruption. It provides business templates for multiple surveys to glean insights into your eCommerce customer support. You can integrate SurveyMonkey into your existing workflows easily. It also offers an extensive library of integrations.
- Live results tracking
- Tracking and reporting
- Image/audio/video file support
- Email distribution
- Native integrations
USP:You can easily share SurveyMonkey with your customers via email or social media.
7. AcquireAcquire enables you to consolidate multiple channels like voice, video, chat, co-browse, and email in one tool to enhance the support experience. It also allows real-time screen sharing between customers to enable contextual support and lessens the communication time.
- Chatbot enabled support
- Personalized live chat
- Hands-on support with co-browsing
- Face-to-face video chat
USP:Acquire offers transparency on both sides of the chat and helps brands foster customer trust. The catch, however, is that the customers do not need to download a single piece of software for this.
8. Salesforce Service CloudSalesforce service cloud helps you unify the agent experience with Service Cloud. It lets your service agents manage all the information through a single console. You can manage cases, track customer history, view dashboards, and more — all in one view. No hassle of multiple tabs, no switching software, nothing!
- Lightning service console
- Case management
- Workflow and approvals
- Omni-channel routing
- Social customer service
- Automation with macros
- Telephony integration
- Custom reports and dashboards
USP:Service Cloud is available from the web browser whenever you need it. Hence, it is accessible remotely, round the clock.
9. Referral CandyECommerce brands thrive on referrals. And Referral Candy thrives on the idea of helping brands grow sales through referrals and word-of-mouth. How? By rewarding customers in exchange for their referrals! Customers receive a custom link that they can share in exchange for whatever rewards you want to offer them. It could be unlimited discounts, limited deals, and beyond.
- Automated invitations
- Custom rewards
- Pay per performance
- Feature pop-up on your website