Last Updated: February 2024
Are you embarking on the journey of managing Shopify multiple stores? Whether you’re expanding your business or catering to diverse markets, this comprehensive guide is your go-to resource. From overcoming operational challenges to optimizing performance, discover everything you need to successfully establish and navigate your network of Shopify stores.
Let’s delve into the essential insights for mastering the art of managing multiple stores.
Table of contents
Shopify Multiple Stores
Having multiple Shopify stores implies the existence of distinct online entities, each with its unique backend admin, product catalog, and customer data. These stores are employed to target diverse markets, offer different product lines, or maintain separate branding strategies. Each store operates with its independent domain and subscribes to an individual Shopify plan.
It’s important to distinguish between a Shopify Plan, which is a subscription for platform usage, and a Shopify Account, which provides login credentials for managing the online store. A single Shopify account can oversee up to 10 stores with varying plans.
Benefits of Multiple Shopify Stores
- Diversify Products: Expand revenue with varied offerings across niches.
- Targeted Marketing: Craft strategies for specific demographics or regions.
- Enhanced Branding: Establish distinct brands for customer loyalty and recognition.
- Specialized Customer Experience: Personalized shopping experiences for unique customer groups.
- Optimized SEO: Implement individualized SEO for diverse product categories.
- Effective Inventory Management: Streamline inventory for strategic allocation and prevent logistical challenges.
- Testing and Innovation: Experiment with new products and strategies across stores.
- Market Expansion: Expand into new markets with tailored stores.
- Risk Mitigation: Mitigate risks by distributing products across multiple stores.
- Customized Pricing: Set flexible pricing and promotions independently for each store.
How Much Does It Cost to Operate Multiple Shopify Stores?
Determining an exact cost for managing multiple Shopify stores is challenging, as it varies based on diverse needs such as app requirements, themes, and staffing. The cost is primarily associated with your chosen Shopify subscription plan:
- Basic Plan: $39 per month
- Shopify Plan: $105 per month
- Advanced Plan: $399 per month
Here are some key points to consider:
Shopify offers a 3-day free trial, followed by a $1/month offer for the first three months.
Opting for an annual subscription can save you 25% on the Shopify plan.
For instance, if you have two stores with a Shopify plan at $105 each, your monthly subscription cost would be $210. Keep in mind that this cost covers the subscription alone and excludes additional expenses for apps and themes.
How to create multiple Shopify stores
Creating multiple Shopify stores is a straightforward process. Follow these steps:
Step 1:Log into your Shopify account and access your current store’s dashboard.
Step 2: Hit the menu in the upper-right corner, then select All Stores from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: On the redirected page, click Create Store.
Follow the displayed steps to set up your new store, similar to when you created your initial Shopify store.
Step 4: Choose the account to which your new store will be connected.
Finally, your store is ready.
Completing steps 1 to 6 in Shopify guides you to your new store’s dashboard. Now, easily manage multiple stores by clicking the upper-right corner to switch between them effortlessly.
Complexities in Managing Multiple Stores
While operating multiple Shopify stores offers numerous advantages, it concurrently brings complexities to your operational processes.
- Juggling Order Streams: Managing orders across different channels demands meticulous inventory oversight and distinct processing for each website, adding complexity to fulfillment and returns.
- Expert Support Needed: Diverse market policies require specialized support teams to identify customer queries’ origin and cater to the nuances of different accounts.
- Catalog Challenges: Regularly updating product catalogs across multiple stores, especially with frequent additions, poses synchronization challenges, impacting profitability and conversions.
- Inventory Maze: Accurately managing inventory across multiple sales points, especially with various warehouses, becomes challenging, impacting efficient logistics.
- Integration Hurdles: As stores multiply, integrating diverse systems like ERP(Enterprise Resource Planning) or POS becomes progressively difficult, complicating overall operations.
Best Practices for Efficiently Managing Multiple Shopify Stores
1. Implement a Help Desk System
Simplify customer support across multiple Shopify stores with a centralized Help Desk system. Managing customer requests, complaints, and queries becomes seamless, covering various communication channels, including email, live chat, and social.
Consider solutions like Saufter Helpdesk for enhanced efficiency in customer support across your stores.
2. Maintain a Unified Theme
While adapting store appearance and inventory to different markets, ensure a consistent and cohesive theme that aligns with your brand identity. Retaining a central theme across all stores establishes a unified brand experience.
3. Utilize Product Inventory Management (PIM)
Implement a Product Inventory Management solution to gain a centralized overview of all your stores from a single dashboard. Syncing inventory, product details, and orders through PIM streamlines operations, allowing changes to reflect across all stores simultaneously.
6 Apps To Help You Manage Multiple Shopify Stores
1. Syncio Multi Store Sync
Pricing: A free plan is available
Seamlessly synchronize selected products across multiple stores, with the flexibility to choose specific parameters for each store.
- Real-time Inventory Management: Eliminate manual work and prevent overselling by utilizing Syncio’s real-time inventory sync.
- Customizable Product Fields: Adjust and synchronize various fields like descriptions, prices, tags, and images across your stores
- Order Information Sync and Revenue Splits: Streamline order fulfillment by syncing order information across platforms.
Pricing: Paid plans start from $29/month
Re:amaze boosts conversions with AI chatbots and live chat, designed to optimize sales for happy repeat buyers.
- Unified Communication: Integrate email, social, SMS, and voice conversations into a single inbox across all stores.
- Order Management: Modify, manage, and create Shopify orders directly within customer support and chats.
- AI Automation: Utilize AI to generate replies, create FAQ articles, develop chatbots, and automate tasks, saving valuable time.
Langify empowers you to manually translate your content while also providing support for automatic translations.
- Translation Flexibility: Langify supports automatic and manual translations for versatile language adaptation.
- Customizable Switcher: Tailor the language switcher to match your website’s style, enhancing user experience.
- Third-Party App Translation: Extend translation capabilities to third-party apps, ensuring a cohesive multilingual experience.
Pricing: A Free plan is available
Weglot provides a comprehensive eCommerce translation solution for Shopify, enabling you to have your store instantly translated in less than 5 minutes.
- Effortless Installation: Install Weglot to achieve instant translation for your store without the need for coding.
- Centralized Translation Management: Manage and edit translations conveniently on a single platform, fostering collaboration with your team.
- Multilingual SEO Optimization: Weglot adheres to Google’s multilingual SEO best practices, ensuring optimal visibility and performance.
Pricing: A free plan is available
Save time and reduce stress when managing bulk store data. Whether you have a small store or a large enterprise, this app is equipped to handle file sizes of up to 10 GB.
- Data Flexibility: Import and Export data effortlessly using Excel, Google Sheets, or CSV files.
- Platform Migration: Seamlessly migrate from platforms like Magento, WordPress/WooCommerce, BigCommerce, Lightspeed, and others.
- Data Security and Automation: Ensure data security with backup and restore features, and automate tasks with scheduled and recurring Export and Import jobs.
6. PageFly Landing Page Builder
Pricing: Free to Install
PageFly is a versatile landing page builder designed to empower Shopify store owners with intuitive and powerful tools for creating stunning and high-converting landing pages.
- Drag-and-Drop Editor: Build pages easily with a user-friendly drag-and-drop interface.
- Responsive Design: Ensure optimal viewing on all devices with responsive design features.
- Advanced Customization: Personalize pages extensively using advanced customization tools and features.
How To Create Multiple Stores In Shopify Plus?
Creating multiple online stores on Shopify Plus is a seamless process within your Organization Settings. Follow these steps:
Access your Shopify Plus admin and click on Settings.
Navigate to the Organization section and select Stores.
Tap on Create store in the upper-right corner.
Choose the purpose of your new store in the Store type section.
Enter a name and URL in the Profile section. Optionally, provide an Internal name and icon for administrative purposes.
To import themes, select a store, import themes, and choose desired themes. Additionally, import files if needed and click Create Store to finalize the process.
In conclusion, venturing into the realm of Shopify Multiple Stores presents exciting possibilities and strategic advantages for your business expansion. Maximize your Shopify Multiple Stores with strategic management and unified branding. Streamline operations for efficient inventory and customer support. Elevate your e-commerce venture with clarity and confidence.