Memberships and subscriptions are great strategies to get recurring orders and increase your ecommerce revenue.
In fact, US online shoppers are also increasingly opting for subscription or membership-based ecommerce models.
eMarketer estimated that ecommerce subscription sales in the US grew by 41% during the pandemic and will reach 32.8 billion in total by 2023.
So if you want to enable your customers to opt for a Shopify recurring membership, there are many Shopify memberships apps that can help. But researching and shortlisting these apps can be time-consuming for a Shopify store owner like you.
That is why we have done the legwork and have put together the 5 Best Membership Shopify Apps in this post.
Table of Contents
Appstle℠ Memberships & Loyalty (Rating ⭐ 4.9/5, 108 Reviews)
This app by Appstle Inc. is the best and most popular app when it comes to Shopify memberships. With Appstle, you can offer multiple membership plans to your loyal customers and automatically bill them with recurring payment models.
Unlike most Shopify membership apps, Appstle offers a free plan that is great for small Shopify stores looking for free Shopify apps.
- Intuitive UI: The app has an easy-to-use merchant UI to offer and manage membership plans.
- Tiered perks: Offer customized tiered perks to build customer loyalty and engagement.
- Automated billing: Bill your customers automatically as per chosen time intervals and pricing.
Free to install, build up to 50 members for free. Paid plans start from $19 per month with a 14-day free trial.
Simplee Memberships & Loyalty (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 44 Reviews)
Simplee Memberships is one the best and top-rated Shopify membership subscription apps you will find on the Shopify app store. This app enables you to sell Shopify recurring memberships and provide members with exclusive perks like – member-only discounts, blogs, products, pages, and more.
- Recurring payments: Automatically bill members with customized frequency and price.
- Restrict member-only perks: Discounts, free shipping, exclusive content, blogs, and products.
- Membership portal: Empower your customer to manage their memberships with a self-service portal.
A free version is available for developers. Paid plans start from $19.99/mo with a 7-day free trial on all plans.
Conjured Memberships (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 21 Reviews)
Conjured Memberships is a recently launched and great app you can use to create and sell membership programs to build customer loyalty and generate revenue as well. The app is feature-rich and the customer support is also good.
Furthermore, the app is easy to use and is affordable compared to other Shopify membership apps.
- Built-in perks: Offer custom member-only perks like free shipping, exclusive discounts, restricted content, and more.
- Custom dashboard: Create a highly customizable membership dashboard to match your store theme and vision.
- Seamless integration: The app is easy to set up and integrates seamlessly with most Shopify themes.
Free for development purposes. Paid plans start from $9.99/month with a 30-day free trial.
Subify Subscriptions app (Rating ⭐ 4.8/5, 43 Reviews)
If you’re looking for an all-in-one app for Shopify memberships and subscriptions, Subify is the app you should try. You can use this app by Hengam to empower your customers to subscribe to your products and sell Shopify memberships as well.
Furthermore, the app comes with a free plan that is great for startups and small stores.
- Various templates: The app comes with various widget templates that can be customized to match your store theme.
- Quick setup: Embed the app and start selling subscriptions in one click.
- Customer portal: Empower customers to start, pause, and cancel subscriptions on their own.
Free to install with a 2% transaction fee. Paid plan costs $49 per month with a 1% transaction fee. A 14-day free trial is available.
Inveterate Memberships (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 2 Reviews)
Inveterate Memberships by Inveterate Inc. is an intuitive and advanced Shopify app for creating membership programs and delighting your loyal customers. The app offers all the basic to advanced features you would need to create custom membership programs.
But the app is one of the few Shopify membership apps that offer a free plan, making it small business friendly.
- Recurring charges: Allow your customers to pay an automated recurring charge for memberships.
- One-click setup: Install the app and start selling paid memberships in one click.
- Exclusive access: Provide your members exclusive access to discounts, cash back, free shipping, and more.
Free to install, no charge for first 50 member sign-ups. After that, you need to pay 10% of the membership fees.
Offering memberships is indeed a great strategy to build customer loyalty and delight your loyal customers. It not only makes customers feel special or VIPs, but you also generate more sales and increased average order value (AOV).
So, you should definitely offer memberships on your Shopify store. All the apps we have listed are the best but we would suggest you try the apps before you subscribe or pay for them.
Other than memberships, fast and managed customer support is essential to build customer loyalty and satisfaction. To streamline and automate your Shopify customer service, we suggest you try the Helplama Helpdesk – an ecommerce help desk software that understands the ecommerce workflows and automates them.
Start your 15-day free trial now! No credit card is required.