Last Updated: February 2024
Explore the synergy of e-commerce and social media with this step-by-step guide on Shopify Instagram integration in 6 easy steps. Streamline your online store’s reach and sales potential by mastering the art of seamless Shopify Instagram integration.
Elevate your business with this effortless connection, enhancing your brand’s visibility and customer engagement.
The Importance of Shopify Instagram Integration
Shopify Instagram integration is crucial for eCommerce businesses because it allows them to seamlessly connect their online store with the popular social media platform.
- Wider reach: It enables businesses to showcase products directly on Instagram, reaching a broader audience and potential customers.
- Direct sales opportunities: Users can discover and purchase products without leaving the Instagram app, streamlining the buying process and increasing conversion rates.
- Brand visibility: By linking Shopify and Instagram, enterprises can enhance their brand visibility, engage with followers, and build a stronger online presence.
- Tagged products: You can tag products in Instagram posts, making it easy for users to explore and buy items they see in their feeds.
- User engagement: Integration facilitates higher engagement levels by allowing businesses to share product updates, promotions, and customer reviews directly on Instagram.
Mastering Shopify Instagram Integration
Take a closer look at the 6 steps involved in the Shopify Instagram integration journey.
Step 1: Create a Shopify store and Instagram business page
To link Shopify and Instagram, you must possess a Shopify store and an Instagram Business account.
If you’ve got your Shopify account, feel free to proceed further.
Don’t have a Shopify store yet? No worries! Easily craft one by following these uncomplicated steps.
Head over to the Shopify website, sign up for an account, pick a plan, and set up your store. Enter your business details and choose a theme to get started.
Complete your store setup by making product pages. Upload images, describe your products, and specify the pricing details.
Create your Instagram Business account effortlessly by following these steps.
Install the Instagram app and set up your account.
If you have a personal account, switch to a business profile by going to your profile, tapping the three lines in the top right, and selecting Settings > Account > Switch to Business.
Complete the steps to establish your business profile. Input essential business details like your website, contact information, and category.
Step 2: Link Instagram with Your Facebook Page
Access your Facebook account. Select the dropdown arrow located in the upper-right corner. Click on Settings.
Select ‘Instagram’ from the menu on the left. Choose ‘Connect Account’. Follow the instructions to link your Instagram account.
Step 3: Set up your Store on Facebook.
To connect your Instagram Business account to your Shopify store, you must have a Facebook Shop. This feature allows you to tag products in your Instagram posts and stories.
To start your own Facebook Shop:
Log in to your Facebook account. Select the drop-down arrow at the top right of the page. Opt for Create Page.
Adhere to the steps to craft a new page for your shop.
For setting up a shop, head over to Meta Business Suite. In the Business Suite, you can efficiently manage all marketing and advertising activities for your Facebook page in one place.
Go to Commerce Business Manager to add a Facebook shop, and then access the Create a Shop section. Follow the on-screen guidance to set up your shop.
Step 4: Combine your Facebook and Instagram Business Accounts on Shopify.
Integrate your Instagram Business account with Shopify by following these steps:
Visit your Shopify account and opt for the Facebook and Instagram Shopping Sales Channel. You can find the Sales Channel by clicking on Sales channels in the left-hand sidebar on your Shopify dashboard.
Select Start Setup and adhere to the provided instructions to connect your Facebook account. Incorporating Shopify with Facebook is a vital process for tagging your products on Instagram.
It may take up to 48 hours for the Facebook business page on Shopify to get approved. Once connected, you’ll have the ability to handle your Facebook and Instagram accounts seamlessly within Shopify.
Step 5: Activate Instagram Shopping.
Now that your Facebook Shop is linked to your Shopify store, it’s time to configure Instagram Shopping.
Head to your Instagram profile and tap on the three lines in the upper right.
Choose Settings > Business > Shopping. If you can’t see the Shopping option, your account might still be waiting for approval to use Instagram Shopping.
Use the guidance provided to link your Instagram account to your Facebook Shop. Be patient as Instagram reviews and approves your product tagging. It may take a few days, but you can continue creating and posting on Instagram during this period.
Step 6: Add tags to your Shopify Products on Instagram posts and stories.
Once your product tagging is accepted, you can tag your Shopify products in Instagram posts. Here’s how you can do it:
Share a new post on Instagram, pick a photo or video, and tap Tag Products to select the product you like to tag.
Adjust the tag to the right spot in your photo or video, then go ahead and share your post.
Next, let’s explore the synergy of Shopify and Instagram to unveil game-changing strategies to boost your sales.
Shopify meets Instagram: Sales-boosting Tactics Unveiled
Utilizing the power of Instagram can significantly boost your sales. Here are some tips to maximize the impact of this integration:
- Optimize your Instagram profile: Ensure that your Instagram profile is complete and reflects your brand identity.
- Quality visual content: Share top-notch photos and videos of your products in various settings to help customers envision their use.
- Use Instagram Shopping features: Leverage Instagram Shopping features to tag products in your posts and stories.
- Run Instagram ads: Spend on Instagram ads to reach a wider audience by targeting specific demographics, locations, or interests.
- Collaborate with influencers: Collaborate with influencers within your specific industry to endorse your products.
- Customer testimonials and reviews: Build authenticity and trust with potential customers by featuring customer testimonials and reviews on your Instagram.
- Engage with your audience: Quickly reply to comments and direct messages to foster community and enhance customer relationships.
- Limited-time offers and promotions: Create a sense of urgency by running limited-time offers and promotions.
Moving on, step into the success stories of thriving eCommerce ventures, showcasing the transformative impact of Shopify-Instagram integration.
Success Stories: eCommerce Businesses Thrive with Shopify-Instagram Integration
Shopify and Instagram working together has greatly benefited many eCommerce businesses, helping them increase sales and reach more customers.
1. Kylie Cosmetics
Kylie Cosmetics, established by celebrity Kylie Jenner, has gained popularity among users on Instagram.
Upon connecting with Shopify, Kylie Cosmetics saw a substantial uptick in sales, witnessing the brand’s Instagram followers surpassing 24 million.
2. MVMT Watches
MVMT Watches, an online business offering stylish watches for men and women at affordable prices, witnessed its Instagram following soar to over 1.5 million. The brand also experienced a remarkable 60% increase in sales after integrating with Shopify.
By leveraging Instagram’s paid advertising feature, the brand effectively reached potential customers, achieving a remarkable 7x return on investment.
Kith, known for streetwear apparel and footwear, hit over 2.5 million Instagram followers. Integration with Shopify led to an outstanding 160% sales increase.
Master Shopify Instagram integration effortlessly in six simple steps to enhance your online retail strategy. With this easy-to-follow guide, this integration becomes a seamless process, optimizing your online presence.
Elevate your e-commerce success with these essential steps.
Considering options to heighten your customer service? Explore Saufter.io.
With user-friendly features, Saufter enhances response time and customer satisfaction, making it a valuable asset for seamless helpdesk management.