Last Updated: February 2024
Are you planning to sell digital products on your Shopify Store? Or want to enable your customer to digitally download Shopify products? If yes, there are many digital download Shopify apps that you can use.
But finding and selecting the best apps for digital downloads on Shopify can be an effort-taking process.
Therefore, we have listed the 7 best digital downloads Shopify apps after trying and testing them.
Sky Pilot – Digital Downloads (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 108 Reviews)
Sky Pilot by Corknine Development is the top-rated and best digital download app for Shopify. With Sky Pilot, you can sell and deliver any digital file of your choice, be it music, videos, PDFs, eBooks, and more.
- Automatic delivery: The app automatically delivers digital content with immediate access after a successful purchase.
- Custom delivery: You can customize the delivery entirely to offer a branded customer experience.
- Secured: Get enterprise-grade security with abuse alerts, download limitations, and more.
- Streaming options: The app can be integrated with Vimeo and Wistia for streaming videos.
Free to install with 10MB of file storage. Paid plans start from $20/mo with a 14-day free trial.
Digital Downloads – Filemonk (Rating ⭐ 4.8/5, 74 Reviews)
Filemonks is another powerful digital download Shopify app that can help you sell digital downloads and products on your Shopify store.
Best of all, the app comes with a free plan with unlimited file uploads, making it the best app for small Shopify stores looking for free apps to get started.
- Quick setup: The app can be easily set up in just 3 steps – Install, upload, and link files to Shopify products/variants.
- Free unlimited uploads: There’s no limit to uploading files. Upload as many files for free.
- Instant delivery: Digital products/files are automatically delivered instantly after checkout.
Free to install, unlimited file uploads. Only pay $10/mo + fees if you use more than 3GB bandwidth.
Unlimited Digital Downloads (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 38 Reviews)
As the name suggests, this app by Sellkite Business empowers you to do unlimited digital sales. Furthermore, you can customize Shopify digital downloads and delivery to provide a personalized experience to your customers.
- Variety of digital products: You can upload and sell music, videos, PDFs, templates, eBooks, and much more.
- Customizations: Tailor downloads page and email (logo, font, and color) to match with your brand image and store theme.
- Advanced features: You can adjust download limits, protection, and more.
You get a free plan including 3 digital products and 10MB of digital storage. Paid plans start from $9.99 per month with a 7-day free trial.
Uplinky Digital Downloads (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 47 Reviews)
Uplinky is one of the most popular and top-rated Shopify digital downloads app that you can use to sell and deliver products and files digitally. The app comes with an intuitive interface, is easy to set up, and doesn’t impact the store loading speed.
If you’re looking for a free Shopify digital download app, this can be a good app to start with.
- Scheduled delivery: Schedule the digital delivery or deliver instantly as per your wish.
- Sell combos: Attach digital products with your physical Shopify products and sell them in combinations.
- Security options: You can increase IP security via streaming, encryption, PDF stamping, and enforce download limits.
Free up to 10 digital products with 500MB of storage. Paid plans start from $9 per month with a 7-day free trial.
Downloadable Digital Assets (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 51 Reviews)
Known for its enhanced file protection and ultra-fast delivery servers, Downloadable Digital Assets is one of the best apps developed by Massive Monkey Limited.
Moreover, the app comes with a free plan and the paid plans are also quite affordable.
- Protection: Get enhanced file protection and prevent prohibited file sharing.
- Any file size: Sell any file size to your customers using the fastest servers.
- Tracking: Track emails and orders to prevent return abuse and fraud.
- Customer support: Massive Monkey has got excellent customer support team with great customer communication skills.
A free plan with 2GB storage is available. Paid plans start from just $5 per month with a 7-day free trial.
Easy Digital Products (Rating ⭐ 5/5, 143 Reviews)
Easy Digital Products developed by Axel Hardy is an advanced yet intuitive Shopify downloads app that can not only help you sell your digital assets but also license them to prevent prohibited sharing.
Unlike other apps, you can upload up to 10 files to a single product or variant.
- Enhanced protection: Implement license keys on your digital products to prevent prohibited file sharing.
- Customize emails: You can tailor emails as per your choice to provide a personalized customer experience.
- Pro features: PDF stamping, download limits, SMTP, API, and more.
Free up to 3 products and 100MB storage. After that, you would need to opt for paid plans starting from $9.99 per month.
Digital Downloads by Shopify (Rating ⭐ 3.2/5, 345 Reviews)
If you prefer integrating apps officially developed by Shopify, this app is made for you. Digital Downloads is a simple and minimal app that gets the work done. You can add PDFs, JPEGs, and ZIP files to any product directly through the app. Furthermore, the app features download limits and combines digital & physical products.
Still, the app has some flaws like average protection and no automated fulfillment.
- Unlimited uploads: There is no limit on uploading digital products and storage.
- Seamless use: The app can be easily and directly used through the Shopify admin.
- Download limit: Set download limits to prevent fraud and prohibited file sharing.
Selling digital products like courses, music, videos, etc. is not new but a great e-commerce business idea that can generate a lot of revenue if done the right way.
The Shopify digital downloads apps listed in this post are great and can help you manage and sell your digital products at scale, ensuring safety and protection at the same time. Additionally, we suggest you try the apps before subscribing to them.
And if you want to stream and automate your Shopify customer support, try Saufter – the ONLY helpdesk that understands e-commerce customer service workflows.
Start your 15-day free trial today! No credit card is required.