Are you wondering how to pre-order on Shopify? There are many Shopify pre-order apps that can help you take orders under pre-order and get alerts.
But researching the pre-order Shopify apps can be overwhelming and time-consuming for you as an e-commerce business owner.
That’s why we have done the research and short-listed the 10 best apps for pre-order on Shopify.
Without any further ado, have a look at the apps:
Table of Contents
1. Preorderly – Preorder Now (Rating ⭐ 4.4/5, 127 reviews)
Preorderly can help you offer pre-orders to your customers when launching a new product on your Shopify store or have out-of-stock products to keep sales flowing in.
Launch date: Jan 18, 2018
- Collect pre-orders: Create buzz around new product launches with pre-orders and capture sales during out-of-stock inventory levels.
- Scheduling pre-orders: Capture sales by scheduling pre-orders with a start and/or end date leading up to new product launches or when products are sold out.
- Completely customizable: Easily configure preorders on specific products, including down to each variant of those products.
Pricing: Starts at $9.99/month, and a 14-day free trial is available.
2. Crowdfinder (Rating ⭐ 4.8/5, 92 reviews)
Crowdfunder is not so popular but a user-friendly and functional pre-order Shopify app with a high rating by its users.
Moreover, it supports multiple currencies and allows users to create unlimited crowdfunding campaigns.
Launch Date: Nov 29, 2016
- Crowdfunding: By running crowdfunded pre-order campaigns on your store, you control the entire process from beginning to end.
- Automatic Installation: Installs automatically in most themes so you can get up and running fast. Fast US-based support to resolve issues.
- Simple Workflow: Orders and Payments are processed through your stores like any other order.
Pricing: $24/month, a 7-day free trial is available.
3. Preorder Me (Rating ⭐ 4.8/5, 131 reviews)
Developed by Easyshop, Preorder Me is a popular Shopify app for pre-order management. The app provides seamless workflow as you can use it directly in the Shopify admin panel.
Also, it didn’t impact the speed of the Shopify store during our test. As the app gets frequent updates, you most likely won’t experience any issue integrating with the latest Shopify themes.
Launch date: April 15, 2015
- PreOrder Button: Show the pre-request button on the item subtleties page.
- Smart brief content: Get the brilliant brief content on the shopping basket page.
- Bulk PreOrder: Easy to deal with the item with pre-request work.
Pricing: Starts at $9.99/month, and a 7-day free trial is available.
4. Pre-order Now – PreOrder (Rating ⭐ 4.7/5, 906 reviews)
“Sell Pre-order, Out-of-Stock, Sold Out & Coming Soon Products, and more!”
Pre-order Now is not so old but is one of the most popular apps for Shopify pre-order. The app integrates well with Google Analytics, In Cart Upsell, Product Customizer, Trackify X, and Pafefly.
As per our experience, the app is easy to set up with step-by-step instructions provided by default.
Launch date: June 21, 2017
- Sales raise with pre-order: Offer more goods arriving quickly or Sell backorder items while out of stock. Raise Sales and beat rivals.
- Easily simplify Pre-ordering: Automatically swap Add to Cart for out-of-stock products using Pre-order keys. Or simply show a Pre-order button for items coming soon.
- Enjoy more strength and Ease: Losing Access to popular features from other applications—pre-order stickers, mixed cart reminders, email delivery, name tagging, Pre-order discounts, and more.
Pricing: A free plan is available. Paid plans start from $19.95/month with a 14-day free trial.
5. Pre-Order Manager (Rating ⭐ 4.4/5, 967 reviews)
Pre-order Manager by Amai is also one of the oldest and leading pre-order apps on the Shopify app store.
The app is easy to set up and you can start taking pre-orders for out-of-stock products in minutes. Unlike other apps, you get 24/7 support from the app developer, making it one of the best pre-order apps for Shopify stores.
Launch date: July 23, 2015
- Fully customizable: Change the preorder button text and design to best match your store, simply make changes in the design dashboard no coding required.
- Back-in-stock notifications: Allow customers to sign up, via email, to receive a notification once products are available for purchase.
- Custom rules: Create preorder rules and apply them to any number of product groups
- Bulk management: Manage/Edit what products can be preordered either individually or in bulk
Pricing: It starts at $24.95/mo (when billed monthly) or $18.71/month (when billed yearly). A 14-day free trial is available.
6. PreOrder Helper (Rating ⭐ 4.3/5, 9 reviews)
“Don’t miss out on additional revenue by offering Pre-Orders!”
Launch Date: June 19, 2019
- Sell Before In Stock: Increase sales/revenue by selling preorder products when they’re out of stock or before they’re launched.
- Manage PreOrders: No more complicated emails with customers to track pre-orders. Manage everything through the app!
- Accept Wholesale Pre-Orders: Integrates with Wholesale Pricing Discount and Wholesale Order Form so your wholesale customers can pre-order too!
Pricing: A free plan is available. Paid plans start from $4.99/month with an 8-day free trial.
7. Advanced PreOrder – Partial Pay (Rating ⭐ 4.8, 220 reviews)
Advanced PreOrder is a Shopify app that can help you with partial payment, coming soon, and back-in-stock functionality along with taking pre-orders. The app can be easily integrated with Zapiet apps and Advanced Invoice/GST.
Moreover, you can allow your customer to pay partially to pre-order your products. You can also use this “partial payment” feature to minimize bogus orders and cancellations.
Launch date: April 18, 2018
- Stats on sales: You can track sales and revenue generated once you start accepting payments, no code is required.
- Back in Stock Notifications: Users can subscribe for back-in-stock notifications, they will get notified once the product is back in stock.
- Amazing support: Support by app developers is great, always ready to help. You won’t need to involve a developer to set up the app as per your needs.
Pricing: A free plan is available that allows publishing up to 4 pre-orders. Paid plans start from $4.99/mo with a 3-day free trial.
8. EasyOrder – Order Form | COD (Rating ⭐ 4.7/5, 50 reviews)
As the name suggests, the EasyOrder app provides a customizable single-step quick order form popup, replacing the standard checkout process.
If you use COD and don’t use online payments for some of your orders, then EasyOrder can help you improve the conversion rate. The app also allows taking pre-orders.
Launch date: Jan 18, 2016
- Quick COD order submission: Let your customers submit a quick order in one single click with a simple popup form.
- Pre-order form: Allow customers to place pre-orders by just filling out a quick pre-order form.
- Custom usage: You can use EasyOrder form checkout for some orders that do not require immediate payment and native checkout for others.
Pricing: $10/month with a 7-day free trial.
9. Globo Pre-Order (Rating ⭐ 4.7, 586 reviews)
Globo pre-order is an easy-to-use Shopify app that can be accessed through the Shopify admin. You can enable pre-order on a product with a single click, and the default add-to-cart button will get replaced with the pre-order button.
Launch date: June 29, 2017
- Back in stock and restock notifications: You can show the “Notify Me” button, allowing users to subscribe to back-in-stock alerts and increase your sales.
- Partial payment: You can offer a partial payment option to your customer to confirm the pre-orders.
- Discount: The app has the option to allow discounts on pre-orders to entice the customers.
- Pre-order email: Automate confirmation emails to customers on successful pre-orders.
Pricing: A free plan is available with up to 10 pre-order sales. Paid plans start from $6.70/mo with a 7-day free trial.
10. PreOrder Controller (Rating ⭐ 3.5/5, 7 reviews)
This app by Webkul Software Pvt. Ltd. can help you accept pre-orders for out-of-stock products along with for newly launched products.
It can be used directly through Shopify admin and allows store owners to collect partial payments from the customers.
Launch date: Sep 26, 2018
- One-click pre-order: It’s easy to add products for pre-orders as per your choice.
- Partial payments: The app allows partial payment options to confirm an order.
- Back in stock alerts: Notify your customers when a product is back in stock.
- Publish products automatically: Add products in a pending state for Pre-Order and let them publish automatically on the set date & time.
Pricing: $18/month with a 7-day free trial.
Accepting pre-orders is a great strategy to create hype for your products, retain customers, and ultimately, increase sales.
All these apps are best liked by their users for their features and unique functionalities. But still, we can’t tell which pre-order app is the best for your Shopify store because it depends on your needs. However, we would suggest trying the apps before subscribing to them.
And if you need help with customer service, try the Helplama Helpdesk, a customer service help desk software specialized for Shopify and other e-commerce businesses.
Start your 15-day free trial now! No credit card is required.