Last Updated: December 2023
Automated Method using Etsify App – Step By Step Guide
Etsify is an app available on Shopify App Store that helps you with the automated method. Using this app, you can easilyimport your product’s review to Shopify. This is, so far, considered the best method since it imports all necessary product information like product title, description, images, variants with price, category tags, etc. from Etsy to Shopify.
Initially, the app provides free access for importing 5 product reviews. After this, all you need to spend for this will be69$, which is a one-time investment for unlimited product reviews.
Let’s see the steps in detail:
1. Install Etsify
Open the Shopify app store and search for the ‘Etsify’ app. (https://apps.shopify.com/etsify)
- Click on the icon ‘Add App’
- On the upcoming page, create an account on Etsify by giving your credentials.
- On completing the account creation, you are all set for the next step.
2. Link Etsify to your Etsy Store
Your product reviews can only be read by Etsify if it is connected to your Etsy Store. For linking, you need to have anEtsy Keystring and Etsy Shared Secret. Both of these are similar to a username and password for accessing your Etsy store by Etsify.
a) Getting Keystring and Shared Secret
- Visit the link
- After successful registration, a form will come up and you will have to fill it out as given below.
|Application Name||Listings Importer|
|Describe your Application||Helps me Import and Manage my Listings|
|Application Website||Type here your website domain name, if you don’t have one, type https://www.mydomainname.com|
|What type of application are you building?||Tick ‘Seller Tools’|
|Who will be the users of this application?||Tick ‘Just myself or colleagues’|
|Is your application commercial?||Tick ‘No’|
|Will your app do any of the following?||Leave empty|
|Inventory Management compatibility||Tick ‘Compatible with the new Inventory Management API’|
- After filling out the form as given above, click on ‘Read Terms and Create App’
- In the final step, you will be provided with your Keystring and Shared Secret.
b) Pasting Keystring and Shared Secret in Etsify
- Open Etsify’s webpage and type in your Keystring and Shared Secret.
- Click on ‘Connect to Etsy’
- Your Etsify and Etsy store is now linked and Etsify can now access your product review data.
3. Export the reviews to a CSV file using Etsify
Now that your Etsify app has access to your Etsy store, the next step is exporting your product reviews as a CSV file. A CSV file is mainly used for importing and exporting important information, such as customer or order data, to and from your database. The steps involved in exporting are as follows:
- Click on the ‘Export’ tab in Etsify and then click on ‘Store Reviews’.
Select a rating threshold for the export. It is setting your priority as to which reviews should be exported from your Etsy to Shopify. If you want to export all reviews, select ‘Export All Reviews’ from the dropdown menu. If you wish to export reviews only with certain criteria, say, with 4 stars and above or between 3 to 5 stars, select accordingly.
- In the next step, select suitable ‘Import Compatibility’. This step is nothing but choosing which review app you are using. From the dropdown menu, choose either Judge.me or the Product Reviews app.
- The next step involves downloading the reviews. Click on the ‘Download Reviews’ button and wait for the download to complete. This may take some time, but make sure you do not close your browser or disconnect from the internet.
4. Import the CSV file into Shopify
Now you have a CSV file with you containing all the product reviews you wish to show in your Shopify store; the next step is to import the data in this CSV file to your Shopify account. Shopify does not have an in-built product review feature. However, the Shopify App Store is there for managing this drawback, as it comes with a lot of product review apps. Two such famous apps that you can install are discussed below.
a. Product Reviews App
- An official app built by Shopify
- The most popular free app, providing all the essential and basic features.
- Helps to publish, hide, filter, and manage reviews quickly and easily.
- Comes with theme-friendly designs and easy customization options.
- Second most popular app on Shopify for product reviews.
- Both free versions and paid versions are available.
- Comes with several different review layouts, review curation, SEO-rich snippets, photo, and video reviews, etc.
The steps shown below are for the Product Reviews app. It is similar for Judge.me also.
- From your Shopify Admin, click on Apps > Product Reviews.
- Click on ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Import’.
- Click on ‘Choose File’ and select your CSV file.
- Click on ‘Import’
These are the steps involved in the automated process of importing reviews to Shopify using Etsify. Now, your Shopify store will automatically be packed with the product reviews you got on Etsy.
Manual Method – Step By Step Guide
The Manual method is the cheapest solution for importing the reviews. The process is more like a copy-paste job; you have to manually copy the review from Etsy and paste it into Shopify, which is definitely time-consuming. However, if you own a small business with less than 100 reviews, or if you are not ready to pay 69$ for Etsify, the manual method will work great for you. For the manual method, you would still need to import the CSV file into the Product Reviews app (or Judge.me)
Let’s go through the steps involved.
1. Download the CSV file of your product reviews
- Open the Shopify Product Reviews app
- Click on the ‘Settings’ icon on the upper right side.
- Click on ‘Export’
- Navigate to the ‘Download Reviews’ tab and download the CSV file. This file can be used as the template file in the next step.
2. Add Etsy reviews to the CSV
- Navigate to https://www.etsy.com/shop/YourShopName/reviews.
- Copy and paste each review into the CSV file. Keep an eye on copying reviews with the correct product handle in Shopify.
3. Import the CSV into Shopify – The steps for importing CSV to Shopify are the same as we did in the automated method.
We have discussed in detail the steps involved in the Automated and Manual methods of importing your product reviews from Etsy to Shopify. The steps involved in both are similar in certain aspects except for the use of Etsify in the automated method. Etsify makes the process so simple, so you don’t have to be concerned about importing the product reviews each and every time.
However, it comes with an additional cost of 69$. If you are not able to afford this, you can opt for the manual method at the cost of your valuable time. But, if you have to import more than 100 reviews, this method may not be effective.
Also, do not forget to provide your customer with an excellent customer service experience, the key to positive customer reviews and ratings.
Helplama, a US-based company specialized in handling customer service operations for Shopify stores, can help you provide exceptional customer service to your customers and retain them. Check our customized pricing!
You can also try the Helplama Helpdesk – the customer service software that can help you automate and scale your customer support.