Last Updated: December 2023
You are an eCommerce entrepreneur and we know that you must be using Whatsapp or Whatsapp Business apps to engage with all your customers constantly. Mainly to inform them about exciting offers, upcoming products, events, updates, etc.
Whatsapp tops the social media platforms with over 2 Billion active users globally.
But what if you have a huge customer base and need to message them all at once? How do you do that? This is what we are covering in this article today. We will discuss how to send 1000 messages at once on Whatsapp.
Firstly, let’s see what is possible on regular free versions of Whatsapp or Whatsapp Business. Both apps allow you to send up to 256 contacts as broadcast messages and up to 512 participants in a group.
How to send 100 messages at once
As we have said above, you can send 1000 Whatsapp messages at once. Here’s how.
Create a group by adding the 100 contact numbers that you need to send a message to, to it. Once created, send a message to the group. It is sent to all 100 contacts simultaneously. However, adding all those 100 contacts takes a humongous time.
Alternatively, you can send a broadcast message instead of creating a group. This way you can avoid adding all 100 contacts one by one. Find the steps below to send broadcast messages on Android and iOS versions.
P.S note: your number should be saved in their contacts list to be able to send broadcast messages.
Using an Android phone,
- Open WhatsApp/Whatsapp Business app and select Chats.
- Click on the three vertical dots or ‘Menu’ found in the upper-right corner.
- Now select ‘Choose New Broadcast’. Then, choose the 100 contacts you want to send messages to.
- Finally, tap the green tick in the lower-right corner.
Using an iOS phone,
- Open WhatsApp/Whatsapp Business app.
- Tap on Chats which is at the bottom of the window.
- Find the Broadcast Lists in the upper right corner. Click on it.
- Select the new list and the contacts by ticking the checkboxes next to the 100 contacts to message.
Now, you are ready to launch a broadcast message to 100 contacts at one time using your android/iOS device.
Continue reading to know the detailed steps to send 1000 text messages using Whatsapp.
How to send 1000 messages at once
Did you notice above, both the broadcast and group features require loads of your manual time? But sending 1K and above Whatsapp messages can be automated using premier Whatsapp Business versions. Let’s see how.
Whatsapp Business app permits you to actually send messages ranging from 1K to 100K or even unlimited provided:
- You need to register yourself as a developer to acquire Whatsapp Cloud API.
- Get the Whatsapp business verification done.
- Your phone number should have been verified.
- And your business display name is approved.
Fulfilling the above conditions, you can gain access to Whatsapp business API. It allows you to start conversations with the following number of customers in a rolling 24-hour period:
- 1K Whatsapp customers
- 10K customers
- 100K customers
- And unlimited
Most importantly, you can reach those customers too who have not added your number to their contacts!
Additionally, it is essential that you run the test message to be able to start with the Whatsapp Business Cloud API. The following are the steps to send and receive the first message:
- Set up developer assets and platform access – developer registration, account authentication, Meta app creation, and set up.
- Send a test message – add your number and launch the message using a cURL code.
- Configure a Webhook – set up webhooks to receive alerts when you receive a message.
- Receive a test message.
Depending on your phone number status, quality rating, and conversation frequency, these numbers can be increased. If you find any difficulty or do not have enough time to acquire Whatsapp business API by yourself, approach any business service provider who can help you with the onboarding process.
So, that was about how to send 1000 messages at once on Whatsapp. We agree that it is all either too technical or time-taking.
To make things easier, we recommend you check out Helplama Helpdesk, an AI-enabled omnichannel customer support helpdesk software. It integrates effortlessly with your Whatsapp, Shopify, email, chat, and with your existing tech stack with just a few clicks.
The best part is that you will be able to easily automate your Whatsapp messages without any technical knowledge. Also, this includes marketing automation that promotes your positive reviews on Whatsapp and other social platforms.