Table of Contents
Five Effective Tips to Drive Traffic to Shopify StoreHitting the steps straight away without beating around the bush. Following are the five effective tips and tricks to help you achieve your goal of “How to drive traffic to your Shopify store?”
- Google Shopping Free Listing
- Organic SEO
- Referral Programs or Influencer Marketing
- Social Media
- Contests and Giveaways
1. Google Shopping Free ListingGoogle Shopping is a powerful tool that can help your eCommerce business get more online visibility, drive traffic to your Shopify stores, and boost sales. “Google launched free listings to all US businesses in 2020.” Ever since it has helped small businesses to strive through tough market competition. If you are one such or have a limited budget, then you can use Google Shopping free listing to increase traffic to your store organically. So, take advantage of this and follow the measures given here.
#1 Set up a Google Merchant Center accountFirst, create a Google Merchant Center account. And then, upload your product catalog, set up your store’s shipping and tax information, and create your Google Shopping campaign.
#2 Optimize your product feedMake sure to include detailed product descriptions, high-quality images, accurate pricing, and other relevant information. Google will then display your products in relevant search results and on the Google Shopping tab. Thus, it gives potential customers easy access to your store and products. Also, read: 12 Best Shopify Google Shopping Apps [Back to the list]
2. Organic SEO“Notifyvisitors.com highlights that 79% of Shopify visits are from mobile devices out of which 28.93% are redirected from search engines.” Also, “Semrush discovered that organic search traffic to Shopify.com has increased to 24.9 Million this year.” When your Shopify store ranks higher in search engine results pages (SERPs), it leads to increased traffic, more sales, and ultimately, more revenue. To achieve this, you need to optimize various on-page and off-page elements of your site and make it more search-engine friendly. Refer to these steps here.
#1 Keyword researchConducting keyword research is the first step in optimizing your Shopify store for organic SEO. Identify relevant keywords and phrases that potential customers might use to search for products similar to yours. You can use free tools like Keyword.io or Surfer SEO to dig deeper for keyword data. Map these keywords or phrases to your site content wherever necessary – homepage, product pages, blogs, etc.
#2 On-page optimizationThis includes optimizing your product pages, meta descriptions, headers, and other on-page elements. Doing these periodically is necessary to maintain your site authority score between 50 and 60 or even above. Which as a result, places your site on the top of SERPs.
#3 Content creationCreating high-quality and engaging content is essential to organic SEO. This includes creating blog posts, videos, product descriptions, and other forms of content that provide value to your potential customers. Remember to optimize these for relevant keywords and phrases.
#4 Link buildingBuilding high-quality backlinks from reputable websites is an important aspect of organic SEO. Because search engines look for the number of quality links to a website to determine the ranking factor. So, what should you do? Reach out to other websites and influencers in your industry to request links to your site. Combine relevant ones with your blogs for the search engines to crawl in easily. [Back to the list]
3. Referral Programs or Influencer MarketingReferral programs and Influencer marketing can help increase your brand awareness and drive more targeted traffic to your Shopify store. Such traffic often has a higher conversion rate than other types of traffic. “As per Neilsen’s insights, 92% of consumers trust recommendations from friends and families, while 70% of respondents trust UGC.”
#1 Customer referralsEncourage your existing customers to refer their friends and family to your brand in exchange for a reward, such as a discount, free product, or other incentives. Also, promote these programs on as many channels – website, social media channels, etc., as possible to pull in more traffic.
#2 Influencer marketingLeverage influencers’ creativity and large following on social media to attract a larger customer base to your store. By partnering with influencers who are relevant to your store’s niche and industry, you can earn more potential visits and increased conversions. Earlier in this article, we saw about collecting backlinks from influencers to improve your site’s SEO. Thus, influencer marketing will help drive greater Shopify traffic directly and passively through links. Yet, looking for relevant influencers requires deeper research and effort. To help you save all that time, we recommend you check out Helplama Helpdesk. This tool helps you identify the right influencers and also assists you in UGC marketing. [Back to the list] Also, read: How to Find Right Influencers For Your Brand to Partner With
4. Social Media“The latest figures of Oberlo statistics show an expected increase of 6.5% in global social media users than last year.” Hence, using social media is crucial to drive traffic to Shopify stores. Because it allows you to connect with a wider audience on a platform they engage with regularly. Here’s how you can use it.
#1 Create a social media presenceFirst, identify a relevant social media platform that suits your store’s niche and industry. For example, Facebook or Instagram will be useful for promoting consumer goods like fashion, beauty products, kitchen essentials, etc. Then set up your profile and start posting updates regularly.
#2 Share valuable contentContinue sharing product updates, industry news, how-to guides, and other relevant content that resonates with your audience.
#3 Promote products and servicesCreate awareness of your products or services, by showcasing them in posts, stories, and ads regularly. It’s important to ensure that your promotions are engaging but not pushy.
#4 Engage with followersRespond to your followers’ comments and messages, and participate actively in conversations to build loyalty and long-term relationships with your customers.
#5 Use social media advertisingIt is a highly effective way to reach a targeted audience as these platforms offer various advertising options. You can design ad campaigns based on specific audience criteria and others, for increased traffic. [Back to the list]
5. Contests and GiveawaysRunning contests and giveaways is a great way to drive traffic to Shopify stores. Here are some useful inputs for how to use them to invite more visitors to your store.
#1 Choose the right prizeThe prize should be relevant to the target audience and incentivizes them to participate in the contest or giveaway. For example, a beauty store could offer a free makeup kit.
#2 Create engaging contentThe content should be eye-catching and engaging. You can design these as social media posts, emails, and website banners.
#3 Set clear rules and deadlinesSet clear rules and deadlines for the contest or giveaway, including entry requirements, deadlines, and how the winner will be chosen. For example, if your product is for adults only, then mention the age factor as “entry for 18+ years only”. In case you plan to run the contest or giveaway for just a week, highlight that in the content. And so. Check the below image for a better understanding.
#4 Use social mediaSocial media is a powerful tool for promoting contests and giveaways. See the below example giveaway on Instagram, from the brand Evahairnyc that garnered 19k+ entries and likes in just 2 days. [Back to the table of contents]
Best App to Drive Traffic to Shopify StoreGiving you two popular Shopify apps to drive more traffic to your store. You can try their free plan first and onboard the suitable one.
Booster SEO & Image Optimizer (Ratings – 4.8/5⭐, 4613 reviews)With its robust features and 40+ experts team, this app helps you boost your store’s on-page SEO effortlessly.
- Image optimizations: Fastens the loading time of web pages. Furthermore, the bulk image compression engine allows multiple image optimization at once.
- Meta tags: Edit and customize meta title tags, meta description tags, and other meta tags easily.
- Auto-pilot feature: Identifies SEO issues like broken links, etc, and redirects automatically.
Clever: Google Ads & Shopping (Ratings – 4.5/5⭐, 2536 reviews)
Drive more Shopify traffic to your store through Google Ads and Shopping campaigns.
- Automated campaigns: The app creates Google Shopping & Performance Max campaigns, Microsoft Ads, and Shopping campaigns for you.
- Google Ads Conversion pixel: Track and measure the success of all the campaigns through this in-built feature.
By utilizing any of the five given effective strategies and apps, you can significantly drive traffic to Shopify stores.
In addition to these, choose Helplama Helpdesk for intelligently automated customer service on multiple channels, including email, live chat, social media, etc. Automate eCommerce workflows like order management, returns/exchanges, and more.