If you are also not aware of Freshdesk Slack integration, don’t worry, you are at the right place.
First, let’s see – what is slack?
Slack is a messaging app that connects teams and allows you to share information amongst teams. With the help of slacks, you can easily reach out to your colleagues, invite them for meetings, and share important data with your team in a simplified manner.
Now we have discovered slack, let’s see its need.
Why should a helpdesk integrate with Slack?
1. To Avoid Cross-Team Collaboration –
More often your support team requires the help of your other teams for example in the refund process, the refund team may require the help of the finance team. In such conditions due to lack of communication, the process gets delayed leaving the customer unhappy.
2. Your support team needs a more efficient way to get connected
With more and more support teams going remote, communication becomes a critical factor in a team’s success. To make the exchange of information between teams as smooth as possible, the integration between a helpdesk and a team collaboration software becomes essential.
Benefits of Slack Integration
Instant and Automated ticket notifications –
Every time there’s a new ticket on Freshdesk or if there’s an update to an existing ticket, the relevant public or private channels on Slack can be notified automatically.
For example- You can easily auto-alert your product management team whenever any of your customers report a bug. This way all your teams get connected at every step so that your team can take easily takes required action without any hurdles.
Avoids unnecessary switching and improves agent productivity
If you connect Slack with Freshdesk, your support team agents can stay on top of their ticket queue without having to leave Slack. They will get easily updated with the required ticket information like the ticket priority, the ticket content, and the customer email. Your agents can edit the tickets or even reply to those tickets directly from Slack. This ensures that immediate action is taken without passing the tickets through many steps.
Collaborate seamlessly with cross-functional teams on Slack
By simply enabling the collaborate button on a ticket notification a Slack user can easily collaborate effortlessly on a ticket right inside Slack. Agents can participate in the discussion and leave private replies without having to open the ticket in Freshdesk. Those replies automatically get synced with the Freshdesk account
and can be viewed inside the ticket thread in real-time.
Slack supports asynchronous work. While working on a project that is organized in channels, you can get all the necessary data in your own time, regardless of your location, time zone, or function.
Steps to integrate Slack with Freshdesk?
Steps For Admin
- First, log in to Freshdesk as an administrator.
- On the top-right corner, you will see the marketplace icon, click on the “Marketplace icon” and then click “Marketplace Apps“.
You will be redirected to the Apps section.
- In the search box, Search for the “Slack” app, and after finding it click on “Enable” it.
- You will then be asked to sign into your Slack account and authorize Freshdesk. Use a Slack account that has admin user privileges with access to all Slack channels. Once authorized, you will be returned to the app configuration page.
- The last step is to select the public and private channels that you want the helpdesk to have access to. These are the channels that you will be able to use while setting up automation rules. You can add up to 20 channels each public and private type.
- If you want to configure automation rules to update agents via Direct Messages about changes to their tickets, make sure “Allow DM to agent” is selected.
- If you want agents to be able to use Slash Commands, Select “Allow slash command” and click “Update“.
Why Freshdesk Is Not the Best Helpdesk?
The Initial setup is complex and requires a lot of training
The implementation process is very messy and not well handled and requires a lot of assistance. The agents find the training process a bit difficult and complex.
Poor Ticketing system
When many requests come in simultaneously through different channels, the ticketing system can slow down and make the whole program feel more cumbersome. Your team finds it even more difficult to respond and analyze to these requests at such times.
Meet Helplama Helpdesk, The Best Freshdesk Alternative
The best Helpdesk software that offers all the features needed for a customer is Helplama Helpdesk. With it, you do not have to worry about the Slack integration feature ruining your team coordination as shown above.
Slack’s widely successful team-messaging service integrates effortlessly and efficiently with Helplama Helpdesk to ensure there’s no communication gap between your teams. Your agents can close the tickets from slack itself without leaving. In fact, Helplama proactively detects any issues with the service delivery system and informs your employers so they solve them even before the customer registers the complaint.
Not only that it lets you –
- Handle unlimited tickets,
- Provide basic client support across channels such as email, SMS, chat, and phone.
- Create self-help services for your users,
- Social media, eCommerce, and other app integrations.
- Automation services including marketing and detecting issues.
- Hiring experienced agents and testing and training them.
So far in this article, we have seen that by integrating Freshdesk with Slack, you can easily remove all the communication gaps between teams by establishing a great team-messaging service to work effortlessly.
But you need to be very careful as you can see the Freshdesk is a little bit complex to use and requires a lot of training.
In case you wish to offer satisfactory support to your users that efficiently integrates with Slack, then you can employ Helplama Helpdesk. With it, you do not have to worry about the Slack integration feature ruining your team coordination as shown above.