Last Updated: December 2023
If you are thinking of Helpjuice as a potential option for a knowledge base platform, have you thought about its affordability? Did you figure out which Helpjuice pricing plan works best for you? Well, we have done the research for you. This post is the complete breakdown of all pricing plans of Helpjuice, to help you decide which plan suits your budget as well as your business needs. Contents in this post are as follows:
- A Quick Overview of Helpjuice Pricing Plans
- Detailed Breakdown of Helpjuice Pricing Plans
- Why is Helplama Helpdesk more Affordable Than Helpjuice?
A Quick Overview of Helpjuice Pricing PlansHelpjuice has four pricing plans namely Starter, Run-up, Premium Limited, and Premium Unlimited. All of the Helpjuice pricing plans offer the same features and functionality and the only differentiation of these plans is the number of users allowed. Its pricing starts at $120/month and goes up to $499/month. A 14-day free trial is also available. They provide a demo as well. But they don’t provide a free version of their knowledge base. Now let us have a look at the features Helpjuice provides.
What features do you get?
- Include 300+ integrations.
- Easy authoring and content formatting.
- Intelligent analytics.
- Instant google-like search.
- Amazing customer care
- Free expert customization.
Detailed Breakdown of Helpjuice Pricing Plans
1. StarterThe starter plan costs $120/month and it allows up to four users.
Comparison of Prices with Alternatives.While comparing Helpjuice’s Starter plan with starting plans of other alternatives like Helplama Helpdesk($99/month), Zendesk ($70/month), and Confluence ($50/month) we can see that Helpjuice’s Starting plan is a bit expensive. But alternatives such as KnowledgeOwl ($159/month) and Document360 ($157/month) are more expensive than Helpjuice.
Starter Plan Is Good For:As the name suggests, Starter plan is good for a starting organization. For single teams, this plan might be the best pick.
2. Run-upThe Run-Up plan costs $200 per month for up to 16 users.
Comparison of Prices with Alternatives.Alternatives such as Helplama Helpdesk ($199/month), and Confluence ($160/month) offer less prices in their higher plans than the Run-Up plan of Helpjuice. But others in the industry like Zendesk($1335), KnowledgeOwl($379), and Document360 ($568) cost more than Helpjuice.
Run-Up Plan Is Good For:The Run-Up plan is ideal for small to medium ranged teams. Small companies who want to rise to the next level can choose this plan.
3. Premium LimitedPremium Limited plan is the most popular Helpjuice pricing plan. This plan costs you $289 per month. You can have up to 60 users with this plan.
Comparison of Prices with Alternatives.A comparison of Helpjuice’s pricing with its competitors such as Zendesk ($5340), Confluence ($600), KnowledgeOwl ($1279), and Document360 ($1549) shows that Helpjuice’s Premium Limited plan is a good deal, and this plan became the most popular plan of Helpjuice for a reason.
Premium Limited Plan Is Good For:This plan is best for you if you are already a large company with multiple products and want to drive alignment across multiple teams.
4. Premium UnlimitedAs the name suggests, the Premium Unlimited plan includes an unlimited number of users. You have to pay $499 per month to avail this unlimited feature.
Comparison of Prices with Alternatives.Even though Helpjuice’s alternatives like Zendesk ($178000), Confluence ($11675), KnowledgeOwl ($79000), and Document360 ($12000) are more expensive, Helplama Helpdesk costs only $399/month for its Enterprise Plan.
Premium Unlimited Plan Is Good For:This plan is ideal for you if you are an enterprise-level company.
Why Is Helplama Helpdesk More Affordable Than Helpjuice?Helplama is more affordable than Helpjuice. Do you know why? Helplama is a low-cost platform than Helpjuice and it offers a wide variety of customer support solutions that are lacking in the case of Helpjuice. Let’s have a look at the different pricing plans offered by Helplama and see how cost-effective it is. Helplama standout not only in the case of pricing but also in the features provided. And, here are some of the reasons why online business owners prefer the Helplama helpdesk over Helpjuice:
- Helplama Helpdesk provides a Knowledge base in all its plans.
- Pricing plans and elements delivered in each tier are more straightforward and reasonable.
- All your customer interactions and communications can be managed in a single location.
- Helplama provides unlimited tickets.
- You can integrate with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magneto, and Woo-commerce in a single click.
- It also includes an automated training module for your team members to be trained and tested.