Without any doubt, Covid-19 took the shopping experience to an entirely new level. It changed everything, including how companies interact and transact with their customers, which now happens most often digitally. As a result, chat eCommerce has become more prevalent recently. If you’re unfamiliar with the term — chat eCommerce is a simple chat interface on your devices where you can purchase stuff, get a service, request support, explore services, and carry out similar tasks. Today, we’ll explore the rise of live chat (and chat eCommerce in general), its benefits, history, and seven eCommerce live chat tools that businesses can leverage for superior experiences.
Live Chat For eCommerce: History in BriefTwenty years ago, the internet and phones were two different entities. Internet was used for browsing and commerce, while phones were used for talking and texting. Both weren’t connected and did not interoperate. And then everything changed.
The Acceleration Of eCommerce Live ChatIn 2022, live chat eCommerce enables brands to interact with customers securely through messaging from anywhere in real time. Brands can be present where their customers are and serve them on chat apps rather than making them wait on long calls. Even customers are choosing chat as their preferred channel of communication. A few years back, many businesses launched chatbots as a part of their customer support but soon realized that unleashing an automated chatbot on a customer does not equate to customer support. It might even lead to customer dis-service. Live chats entail a complete commerce journey from product browsing, purchasing, making payments, tracking deliveries, and resolving issues (if any) to providing feedback. As a result, in 2022, live chat eCommerce technology will support customers through entire lifecycles — business process automation, payments, etc.
Benefits of eCommerce Live ChatBeyond being convenient for customers and the preferable channel for buyers, live chat eCommerce possess multiple benefits:
1. Cost EffectiveIt is cost-effective as it saves the time and effort of agents and saves them from answering repetitive queries. Through live chat, a representative can handle multiple chats at one time.
2. Eliminates Pain PointsBusinesses can use live chat for eCommerce to explain how products will perform, offer discounts, etc. it is a great way to eliminate or resolve customer pain points.
3. It Helps Build TrustFor eCommerce businesses, trust and loyalty aren’t just words — they are must-haves. Any brand must build trust with its customer base. A live chat feature and a proven track record of quickly answering customer queries results in customers placing more trust in the brand.
4. Reduce Bounce RateWebsite traffic hugely depends on bounce rates that, in turn, affect your page rankings. Implementing a live chat feature increases your site’s usability and can contribute to reducing your bounce rates.
5. Feedback CollectionIt is crucial to collect reviews and feedback to improve CX. Getting reviews is not as easy as it may seem — many people find it hectic and won’t put effort into filling out lengthy forms. eCommerce live chat support lets you include a few quick questions to end the conversation and gain customer feedback more easily, as they’re already engaged in the chat window.
Seven eCommerce Live Chat Tools In 2022So, we looked at the benefits and history of live chat eCommerce for businesses. Now, let’s look at some popular eCommerce live chat tools for businesses to consider in 2022.
1. Help ScoutHelp Scout is considered the best all-in-one eCommerce live chat and support tool. Through Help Scout, customers can talk to a live chat agent or directly browse through the help center articles without leaving the chat window. Help Scout offers self-service capabilities for customers to get quick answers to their questions.
Unique Selling PropositionIt recommends knowledge base articles on the page a customer is viewing so they can directly click on the widget and view answers. This way, they won’t have to search for answers specifically and can contact a support agent if they don’t find an answer. Help Scout provides multi-channel support capabilities. Beacon, its dedicated live chat tool, combines email, a knowledge base, live chat, and in-app messaging all in one interface.
2. LiveChatLiveChat is an eCommerce live chat tool used for tracking sales. It helps businesses ramp up sales and track their progress while doing so. It is an ideal choice among eCommerce businesses.
Unique Selling PropositionIt allows multiple integrations to promote products through live chat service, gather customer data and history, and automate workflows through chatbots. Some of its top eCommerce features are:
- Its ability to share product cards for easy product promotion in chat
- Canned responses to streamline your team’s performance
- Chatbot that can help customers from registration to checkout.