Last Updated: February 2024
Are you considering alternatives to Desk.com for your customer support needs? Here, we present a range of alternative platforms, comparing features and functionalities to aid your decision-making process.
Contents in this post are as follows:
What is desk.com and why has it been shut down?
Desk.com was a cloud-based helpdesk software built by Salesforce but they stopped accepting new clients in March 2018 and completely shut desk.com by end of 2020.
Why does Salesforce shut desk.com?
We’ve been listening to our Desk. com customers and we heard one thing loud and clear – they want the simplicity of an app like Desk. com AND the full power of the Salesforce platform – Salesforce
In a nutshell, Salesforce decided not to grow a different brand and come up with a Salesforce sub-product named Salesforce Service Cloud.
Now, if you will go to desk.com, you will get redirected to the Salesforce Service Cloud’s web page.
But… Salesforce service cloud is quite different from desk.com and might not give you a pure helpdesk experience like desk.com did, making you look for a desk.com alternatives.
Desk.com Alternatives: Pricing Comparison
Pricing starts at
$12.01/user/month billed annually
$50/month billed yearly
$9/agent/month annual billing
$25/user/month yearly billing
$9.62/user/month billed annually
Jirs Service Management
Desk.com Alternatives: Pricing
- Salesforce Service Cloud
- Zoho desk
- Jira Service Management
1. Saufter.io (Overall ratings: 5/5⭐, 7 reviews)
Saufter.io is cloud-based helpdesk software just like desk.com. It provides all the features that helpdesks usually provide but… it’s more than just helpdesk software!
Unlike Desk.com and most helpdesks, Saufter has some unique features like automated agent training, automated orders and returns center, agents marketplace, UGC collection, influencer identification, and much more.
In short, you can convert your customer service into a marketing pipeline, with the Saufter.io!
- Saufter integrates email support and provides AI-drafted emails and chat responses.
- It also includes an automated training module that will train and test agents based on YOUR previous chats.
- A ton of Integrations include Facebook, Instagram, Shopify, Slack, and others.
- Marketing features like the collection of customer reviews and UGC.
- Some workflow issues were discovered by users, which have since been resolved.
2. Freshdesk (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 2,972 reviews)
Build by Freshworks, Freshdesk is a cloud-based customer service software that provides help desk, live chat, and call center solutions for businesses of all sizes.
It has a one-of-a-kind gamification system with ticket resolution leaderboards and fully customizable awards systems that allow you to set goals and rewards for your customer service team.
Moreover, Freshdesk also comprises advanced reporting capabilities to track customer sentiment.
Have a look at Freshdesk’s pros and cons:
- Freshdesk has a free forever plan with basic functionalities.
- It includes advanced features like ticket routing and scenario automation.
- Auto-suggestions during ticket creation.
- The mobile app is not optimized for ticket management.
- For new users, there is a steep learning curve.
- No report and analytics for Freshdesk chatbot.
3. Zendesk (Overall ratings: 4.3/5⭐, 5,742 reviews)
Zendesk is a leader in the customer service help desk software space. It comes with a wide variety of features including a shared inbox that allows you to collect and view customer inquiries from these various channels.
Zendesk support suite includes a section called the Agent Workspace allowing your team members to collaborate with one another.
Its ticket management system is also multilingual, with an admin interface that is available in over 40 languages.
- It includes a real-time dashboard with individual agent metrics.
- There are numerous integration options available so that all of your support tools are centralized in one platform.
- Zendesk also has a strong team and customer management features.
- There are no options for creating multiple campaigns or viewing shopping cart items.
- The self-service portal is not that functional compared to similar substitutes.
- In comparison to other CRM solutions, Zendesk has a higher price point.
4. Gorgias (Overall ratings: 4.6/5⭐, 502 reviews)
Gorgias is a helpdesk primarily designed for e-commerce platforms. It comes with features like ticket creation and management, internal notes, customer history tracking, and so on.
With Gorgias, you can set up automated personalized responses based on customer history, helping your team spend less time on repetitive tasks. It also integrates with a variety of apps and popular e-commerce platforms. So, it can be a good replacement to desk.com.
- Gorgias team is well known for its interactive support.
- It includes the ability to separate the views for different types of incoming customer inquiries.
- You can easily view daily and real-time statistics to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- The automated tags aren’t very useful. The tags can appear cluttered with unnecessary information.
- There are only a few routing rules.
- Gorgias pricing is ticket-based and not user-based. Small teams with large volumes can find it costly.
5. Live Agent (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 1,456 reviews)
LiveAgent is also a great among desk.com alternatives designed for medium to large-sized businesses.
With LiveAgent, your agents can resolve tickets and manage customer issues from a single platform, regardless of the channel used.
It is a tool worth considering because of its robust ticket management system, efficient live chat features, intuitiveness, and so on.
- There are filters available to help you sort and find the tickets you’re looking for.
- Tickets can be assigned and transferred between agents and departments.
- You can include a knowledge base section to assist your clients with frequently asked questions.
- Some functions, such as setting opening times, can be overly complicated.
- The platform does not include WhatsApp integration.
- Reporting features should be improved to allow for more detailed data.
6. Kayako (Overall ratings: 4.0/5⭐, 215 reviews)
Kayako is yet another among Desk.com alternatives that allows you to keep all customer conversations in one place. It allows for simple ticket management and the ability to escalate and de-escalate between different levels of support
Compared to Desk.com, it has a low maintenance requirement and is well-known for its customization features.
- You can create individual customer profiles and keep track of all their conversations.
- Customers can access self-service support 24/7.
- It includes native mobile apps for iOS and Android.
- Kayako lacks sufficient reporting capabilities.
- Many of the features are only available on the more expensive plans.
- During a live chat with a customer, there is no option for file uploads.
7. Salesforce Service Cloud (Overall ratings: 4.3/5⭐, 18,297 reviews)
If you want software by Salesforce only, you can consider Salesforce Service Cloud as a replacement for Salesforce Desk.com.
With Service Cloud, you can integrate popular support channels such as phone, messaging, social support, and chat into a single customer service workspace.
It includes customer self-service portals, automation, detailed dashboards, etc, that helpdesks usually provide but it’s a mix of service+sales software. So, it might fail to provide you with a proper helpdesk experience.
- Salesforce’s search capabilities allow your agents to mine information quickly.
- API integrations with other third-party systems are simple.
- It allows different teams to access the same information and offers shared inboxes.
- It can take some time to set up the platform.
- According to reports, the Omnichannel feature can be buggy.
- Salesforce’s billing process can be complicated.
8. Zoho Desk (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 5,028 reviews)
Zoho Desk is an all-in-one help desk ticketing system that enables you to provide faster and more effective customer support. We discovered that it was simple to set up and highly customizable. Zoho Desk comes with an easy-to-use ticketing view that facilitates team collaboration. It also includes automation features that make it simple to scale to a large number of customers.
- In comparison to the other options, the Zoho desk is very reasonably priced.
- The knowledge base articles are integrated with the ticket description to provide useful articles that may answer the user’s question.
- It includes a wide variety of customization options that can be tailored to your specific company’s requirements.
- Because there are so many features available, it can be a little intimidating at first.
- If you are unfamiliar with the features, it can be difficult to implement some custom functions.
- There aren’t many custom fields for web forms.
9. Jira Service Management (Overall ratings: 4.2/5⭐, 757 reviews)
Jira Service Desk provides efficient customer support solutions as a full-featured service help desk platform.
Key features of this desk com alternative include automated routing, multi-channel communication, real-time chat, and so on. CSAT reporting can also help you better understand your service process. Another standout feature is the ability to configure a self-service portal to empower team members and enable them to find help quickly.
- The platform includes numerous integrations to help you streamline your service system.
- A limited free version is available.
- Jira also includes a powerful dashboard customization tool.
- There are no options for integrating social media.
- According to several users, there is a steep learning curve.
- If your agent deletes a ticket by mistake, it cannot be recovered.
Desk.com was a decent helpdesk but unfortunately, it’s discontinued. And Salesforce Service cloud is not as dedicated to customer service as Desk was, making you look for its alternatives.
But we hope that you found an alternative to the desk.com helpdesk that would facilitate the customer support needs of your business. Businesses of all sizes have proven these well-trusted, useful alternatives discussed in this post to be popular choices.
Still confused? Contact Saufter’s specialized team, they will help you choose!
And if you want an affordable customer service solution with a wide range of features, the Saufter.io is the way to go.
Start your 15-day free trial now! No card is required.