One key area every business has to focus on is customer service. With everything becoming digital, your users need an authentic source to help them tackle any issue they face with your products or services.
According to Harvard Business Review – across industries, 81% of users try to take care of issues themselves before reaching out to a customer service representative. And as per the Microsoft global customer service report, 90% of consumers expect organizations to have an online customer self service portal.
Having a knowledge base or chatbots could be one of the self service portal examples.
But which customer self-service software is best for building such features?
Here is a list of the best self customer service tools to assist your users in solving their issues on their own.
1) Helplama Helpdesk
The Helplama Helpdesk is one of the best self service platforms. It provides robust, automated customer service features such as a knowledge base that makes it easy for you to resolve user issues without an agent.
In fact, it proactively detects the issues with buyers’ orders and resolves them even before they reach your helpdesk support system.
Here are the key features of the Helplama that you will find useful.
- Offers an automated return center.
- View all your customer journeys on a single platform.
- Collect user reviews and UGCs on social media.
- Provides social media integration with popular platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Send AI-drafted emails to make sure your customers’ issue is addressed.
- Features basic live chat, native SMS, and phone call integration.
- On top of that, you can easily integrate the Helplama helpdesk with eCommerce platforms like Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento.
- Along with customer support, it also has agent-related services such as:
- Automated agent training that tests your team members and gives required training based on their performance.
- Helplama allows you to hire experienced agents from their eCommerce marketplace.
- It is effortless for your team members to communicate with each other using the slack integration feature.
- All plans have only 3 users.
- Charges are $29 for each extra user.
- The basic plan does not offer many automation features.
Pricing of Helplama Helpdesk
- Free Trial – 15 days for all plans.
- Standard plan – $99/ month,
- Pro plan – $199/ month,
- Enterprise plan – $399/ month.
There are AI-powered bots that can offer a fast response to user issues in Zendesk self-service software. Has a fully integrated helpdesk that empowers your customers with everything they require to find answers.
Generally, Zendesk comes with a ticketing system that can be used to manage clients’ conversations. With any plan it offers, you can manage social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and emails.
- Highly affordable.
- Easy to use.
- Available in 40 languages.
- It is a complicated process to gain a license.
- Has limited customer support.
- Requires agent training.
Pricing of Zendesk
- Free trial – 30 days
- Support team plan – $19/ month per agent,
- Support professional plan – $49/ month per agent,
- Support enterprise plan – $99/ month per agent.
3) Zoho Desk
A cloud-based customer support software with reliable AI is incorporated into the Zoho desk software that allows you to provide quality services to your consumers.
The software features a knowledge base and allows your users to communicate across multiple platforms such as email, social media, phones, and so on.
- Includes an AI called Zia, which features proactive customer support such as user analysis.
- Automates workflow within your customer support departments to identify any obstructions.
- Claims its ability to offer contextual data for every individual user interaction.
- You cannot sort the tickets by account.
- No alerts are given when a ticket passes from one agent to another.
- Only limited customizations are available in web forms.
Pricing of Zoho Desk
- Free version with fewer features.
- Free trial – 15 days for all plans.
- Standard – $14/ month per agent,
- Professional – $23/ month per agent,
- Enterprise – $40/ month per agent.
4) Hubspot Services Hub
This help desk self service portal has a user relationship management system that allows you to monitor the progress of interaction and organize your clients’ details.
Utilize its support features like help desk, live chat, ticketing, and practical data to upgrade your customer services.
- Enables you to integrate google analytics.
- Features multiple account management systems.
- Find event-triggered actions that proactively resolve your consumer issues.
- The Hubspot plans could be overwhelming for users looking for self service platforms within the budget.
Pricing of Hubspot Services Hub
- Free version – gives access to certain tools.
- Professional – $500/ month,
- Enterprise – $3000/ month.
5) Salesforce Service Cloud
With this application, you get access to integrated CRM that combines your sales, marketing, IT, commerce, and service units under one platform to offer a personalized experience to your customers.
Salesforce customer self service portal software guarantees end-to-end engagement for users to resolve their issues through messages, network tracking, and community data sharing.
- Allows you to manage user service requests from anywhere.
- Send automated responses to your customers through SMS, Whatsapp, or Facebook Messenger.
- Software is flexible and scalable.
- Setting up Salesforce and configuring it is complex, so it takes a lot of time.
- Its cluttered interface makes it hard to navigate.
- Asks to pay for each add-on you install.
Pricing of Salesforce Service Cloud
- Free trial – 30 days.
- Essentials – $25/ user/ month.
- Professional – $75/ user/ month,
- Enterprise – $150/ user/ month,
- Unlimited plan – $300/ user/ month.
To support and attract customers, this service desk portal software uses chatbots and inspires online members to engage in real-time conversations.
- Includes social media integration.
- Offers proactive chat services and saves customer replies.
- Manages your ticket queue.
- Provides reporting and analytical services.
- Has limited customer support and reporting.
- Intercom’s API cannot archive the segment.
Pricing of Intercom
- Free trial – 14 days
- Starter – $73/ month,
- Support, engage, and convert plans – prices vary as per the usage.
The Live agent is equipped with the knowledge base, tickets, and real-time chat. It claims to have the fastest chat feature in the market. Maintain everything from self customer service options to your user support teams with the LiveAgent portal.
- Allows you to add an on-demand recording aspect.
- Comes with 180 helpdesk features and 40 integrations.
- Makes monitoring interactions easy with an automatic ticket system.
- Sometimes messages end up in the spam folder.
- Does not have WhatsApp integration.
- There is no open tracking system for emails.
Pricing of LiveAgent
- Free Version with limited services.
- Free Trial – 14 days.
- Ticket – $15/ agent/ month,
- Ticket + Chat – $29/ agent/ month,
- All-inclusive – $49/ agent/ month.
8) Help Scout
An integrated knowledge base, reporting, and a robust API are included in the Help Scout. By employing this software, you can focus on your business goals and customer support services, and ignore minor issues.
- One centralized tool is provided to manage live chat and email.
- A customizable help desk with documents that can educate users on your products or services.
- Provides finite customization and limited website integration.
Pricing of Help Scout
- Free Trial – 15 days
- Standard – $20/ user/ month,
- Plus – $35/ user/ month,
- Company – $60/ user/ month.
It is the best option for empowering customers, agents, and businesses. Specializes in creating an omnichannel platform by merging CRM, user engagement, and more.
- Has a real-time chat system and virtual assistant services.
- Features an AI-enabled deflection system that acts as the first line of defense for your business.
- Presents a customer knowledge management tool.
- Does not have any free version or free trials for new users.
Pricing of Kustomer
- Free Trial – No.
- Enterprise – $89/ month/ user,
- Ultimate – $139/ month/ user.
Document360 specializes in the knowledge base created by editors to store reviews and additional information about products of users. This self service portal software provides a state-of-the-art editor and category manager for generating self-help content.
- Supplies a central hub for all the information.
- Offers discussions and forums for users.
- View your writing history in the dashboard.
- Provides in-depth analytics.
- Usage is restricted as it has fewer features.
- There is no mobile app and no spell checker.
Pricing of Document360
- Free with limited features.
- Startup – $99/ month/ project,
- Business -$249/ month/ project,
- Enterprise – $499/ month/ project.
Your customers can converse across a range of channels because of Gladly which includes text, social media, in-app chats, and IVR.
Access the task management feature that lets your team members assign or create tasks, set reminders, and get updates on open tickets’ progress.
- Presents a self-service portal and enables knowledge management.
- Performs text analysis.
- Easy to use and has an organized data presentation system.
- Provides limited customer support.
- Users reported cases of call errors.
Pricing of Gladly
- Free User version with fewer features.
- Task User – $38/ month/ user,
- Support Hero – $150/ month/ user.
If you are a business owner, then you know that it could be challenging to maintain 24/7 customer support. But with a help desk self service portal, it becomes easier.
This application enables users to resolve their problems by themselves with an authentic self-service program. You can utilize any of the mentioned 11 customer self-service software for building a user support center.
Helplama is the best help desk self-service portal that you can find in the eCommerce marketplace. Whether you are a small-scale or large-scale businessman or just starting a new business, the Helplama helpdesk has the perfect options for you.
Start with a 15-day free trial!