ClickDesk is one of the most popular live chat software options available, and for good reason. ClickDesk offers a comprehensive suite of customer onboarding and support products to assist you in connecting with your customers.
But, like any other tool, ClickDesk isn’t for everyone, and there are plenty of sophisticated and less expensive customer support options available. We’ve compiled a list of the best ClickDesk alternatives for you to consider before making a decision. We’ll go over these software options in-depth, examining key features, pricing, benefits, and more.
Best ClickDesk Competitors & Alternatives
The Helplama Helpdesk is a support and live chat platform that’s all about customer engagement. The support features of this tool are unique in this list, as they provide automated agent training, AI-drafted emails, etc.
Furthermore, Helplama Helpdesk provides a number of customer communication channels as well as a variety of integrations. If your team has fallen behind on its customer service goals, a quickstart tool like the Helplama Helpdesk can be an excellent solution.
- A customized live chat widget can be easily added to your website.
- Helplama integrates email support and provides AI-drafted emails.
- Integrations with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magneto, and Woo-commerce, among others, are available with a single click.
- Some workflow issues were discovered by users, which have since been resolved.
- There aren’t many options for visual customization.
Intercom (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 2,384 reviews)
Intercom is a powerful live chat tool with features that allow you to message your customers, send emails, provide customer support, etc. Intercom is clearly a popular tool with customers such as Amazon, Shopify, IBM, and others.
Intercom allows you to route customers to specific individuals or teams within your customer service department. Other notable features include a team inbox system that allows agents to track incoming requests and messages, chatbot automation, integration with various third-party tools, and so on.
- Your agents can respond to conversations via email, social channels, or the mobile app.
- You also get to keep a log of all chatbot conversations and route them to the required department as required.
- Intercom’s UI is very easy to navigate which makes it easy to train new agents.
- There aren’t enough AI-suggested paths in Intercom.
- It does not come with enough resources to learn about more complex use-cases.
- The mobile app does not include all of the necessary features.
Freshdesk (Overall ratings: 4.4/5⭐, 2,670 reviews)
Freshdesk is another well-known customer support tool. The platform makes ticketing easier by providing customization options for agent roles, ticket forms, portals, and more. Your agents can use the platform to spend less time switching between communication channels and more time talking to customers. Your team can also efficiently collaborate and provide support with collision detection. Freshdesk’s ease of use, quick setup and APIs stood out during our review.
- Tickets can be managed in a simple and convenient manner thanks to the user-friendly interface.
- Agents require little training because the software is simple to use.
- It comes with plenty of agent collaboration tools- inside notes, chats, notifications, etc
- The search functionality is limited, making it difficult to retrieve information quickly.
- The mobile app is not optimized for ticket management.
- Report customization can be time-consuming.
LiveAgent (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 1,404 reviews)
LiveAgent is a live chat tool designed for both remote and in-house customer support teams. This tool is primarily intended to combine multiple channels into a single, compact package. LiveAgent integrates with over 200 other apps, including Salesforce, Zendesk, and Google Analytics. During our review, visitor tracking stood out as a feature that allows agents to better understand customers and initiate chats accordingly. It also includes features such as canned messages, chat satisfaction surveys, ticket transfers, etc.
- It comes with a detailed dashboard that gives a complete overview and structure of the customer/communication details.
- The knowledge base feature is easy to set up if you don’t want to build out an entire support portal of your own.
- It’s equipped with different customization options for specific business needs.
- The initial setup and integration can be complicated.
- Chats cannot be translated automatically to other languages.
- The Android app design and UI is not very intuitive and looks outdated.
LiveChat (Overall ratings: 4.5/5⭐, 742 reviews)
LiveChat is a tool for businesses to manage customer support across multiple channels. The platform allows you to consolidate all of your customer support messages onto a single dashboard and keep track of all of your customer conversations in one place. Some of the key features include saved responses, auto messages, chat surveys, etc. LiveChat also has an integrations store where you can find useful plugins for your chat window.
- The tagging feature allows you to easily find specific conversations.
- It also includes a daily chat summary, which provides a quick snapshot of your team’s daily performance.
- When you don’t have an agent available, the system will automatically create tickets.
- There is no notification system on the customer’s end.
- There have been reports of the system slowing down when a large number of customers are waiting in a queue.
- Requires a better user experience on the mobile version.
Helpshift (Overall ratings: 4.3/5⭐, 368 reviews)
Helpshift is a live chat solution that includes a variety of features, integrations, and multichannel support options to provide the best support possible to customers. The most notable feature is that your team can create a database of canned responses so that they can quickly respond to frequently asked questions, saving your team time and providing customers with faster responses. Helpshift is also mobile-friendly, allowing customers to easily switch between interacting with support agents and completing actions on your website.
- Helpshift has a flexible pricing system that allows you to pay only for the features you require.
- They provide excellent customer service and will walk you through the setup and general usage.
- At a glance, it provides extensive information about the current status of a ticket.
- The out-of-the-box BI platform is not very user-friendly.
- Helpshift requires technical knowledge to get it implemented into your applications.
- It does not provide access to some critical customer channels such as SMS, Apple Business Chat, etc.
Drift (Overall ratings: 4.3/5⭐, 701 reviews)
Drift is another popular option we’ve included in our list of the best ClickDesk alternatives. This tool is intended to combine human efforts and automation, allowing you to support customers using both live chat and a chatbot at the same time. The best part about Drift is that customers can contact you from wherever they feel most at ease, and your team can collaborate in a single support queue that contains all of your customer requests.
- The Drift team is constantly releasing updates to improve their platform.
- It includes free communication and calendaring tools for the Google ecosystem.
- Drift’s chatbot builder is extremely user-friendly and intuitive.
- The Drift Chrome extension has issues with notifying users in a timely manner.
- There is a learning curve involved, which makes training your team members difficult.
- Users have reported that Drift constantly upsells through emails or on the user dashboard.
As you can see, these ClickDesk alternatives are excellent for improving customer service. While all of these tools are of high quality, some may be better suited to the needs of your company than others. Before deciding on one, we recommend that you sign up for a free trial, compare pricing plans, and look into the unique features mentioned here.
If you want to make it easier for customers to contact your service team while also empowering your support reps to provide the best service possible, the Helplama helpdesk could be the platform for you. If you’re starting from scratch, you can opt for managed customer support services tailored for your business starting at $399 per month.