Last Updated: February 2024
Providing a positive return experience is one of the best ways to boost customer retention and sales in e-commerce.
Studies show that 79% of consumers want free return shipping, and 92% of consumers surveyed said they would repurchase a product if the return process was straightforward.
So it is crucial to offer an easy return experience if you want to retain customers. You are ahead of the game when it comes to Shopify. There are many Shopify return apps available in the platform’s top-notch app ecosystem.
In this post, we have put together the top 7 return apps for Shopify that you should look at in 2023.
Best Shopify Return Apps
1. Helplama Helpdesk
Rating: ⭐ 5/5
Pricing: Personalized; 15-day free trial
Helplama Helpdesk is an all-in-one tool for your Shopify store needs. Not only returns, but the feature-rich app allows you to automate many e-commerce customer service workflows, including returns, exchanges, refunds, order scanning, order modifications, and more.
Customers can use the Helplama 24/7 self-service portal to register a return request anywhere and anytime.
- Self-service portal: Empower your customers to create return and exchange requests on their own.
- Custom automation: From accepting return requests manually to fully automating the process, you can set the level of automation.
- View entire customer history: Helplama Helpdesk lets you access the entire customer history on a single screen.
- Anti-refund strategies: Apply anti-refund strategies to reduce refunds and boost revenue.
- Smart insights: A dedicated dashboard to track key return and order metrics.
2. Rich Returns
Rating: ⭐ 4.8/5
Pricing: Starts at just $9 per month; 14-day free trial
Rich Returns aims to simplify Shopify returns management by providing facilities like automatic processing of returns, exchanges, and refunds for your online store.
Additionally, it offers a central dashboard where you can see all of the requests for product returns, refunds, and other useful information. The dashboard also allows you to extract reports, such as those that explain why a product was returned.
- Return portal: With a return portal bearing your brand’s logo, automatically handle returns and exchanges.
- Return labels: Create a shipping return label to help customers through the process more easily.
- Custom rules: Set up adaptable and intelligent rules to accommodate varying policies and terms.
- Automated emails: With automated email notifications, you can keep your customers up to date on returns.
Rating: ⭐ 4.6/5
Pricing: Starts at $99 per month; 14-day free trial
Returnly is one of the simpler apps and helps your customers execute their returns with a simplified user interface.
It has tools like in-app labels, policy controls, and a comprehensive knowledge base with all the frequently asked questions for easily using and managing the app. But keep in mind that this app is only accessible in the US and Canada.
- Auto-ship: Exchanges with auto-ship on the scan can help you save time and money.
- Gift returns: Offer simple gift exchanges and returns.
- QR code returns: Increase comfort with printerless QR Code returns.
- Two-tier return reasons: Gain a deeper understanding by using two tiers of return reasons.
- Reports: Create and schedule personalized return reports.
4. Easy Returns Management System
Rating: ⭐ 4.9/5
Pricing: $19.99 per month; 30-day free trial
It’s one of the best Shopify return apps because it enables bulk returns from your customer base. This will help your brand stand out.
Additionally, since it enables users to create and print prepaid shipping labels, the Returns Management System app does not require any support staff. You can also get detailed graphical reports from this app, which will help you pinpoint the precise causes of higher returns.
- Embed return form: You only need to embed a return form to your Shopify website to accept return requests.
- Automate return labels: Let consumers create and print prepaid shipping labels on their own.
- Graphical reports: Track return KPIs and determine the reasons for returns.
5. AfterShip Returns
Pricing: Free; paid plans start at $11/mo
AfterShip is the best-rated Shopify return management app. You can establish eligibility rules based on factors such as the return window, non-returnable items, the number of eligible returns per order, the types of products and tags that are not eligible, etc.
Furthermore, customers have the freedom to use any carrier of their choice when making a return. When an item shipment is received, the app automatically and intuitively updates the inventory count and the return status of the items.
- Self-service: To ease customer anxiety, offer a self-service returns page and email alerts.
- Reduce returns: Use clever return policies like returns windows and non-returnable items to reduce returns.
- Flexibility: Flexible exchange and refund policies to please customers and recoup losses.
- Automations: Reduce manual work by using automation rules like auto-refund and auto-restock.
6. Return Prime
Rating: ⭐ 4.9/5
Pricing: Free; paid plans start at $19.99/month
One of the best returns managers in a Shopify store is this one. Return Prime is available in over 50 countries and 25 languages worldwide. Because it is a global app, their support team responds quickly to any issues.
Return Prime also allows you to define a return and exchange window, giving you more control. You could effortlessly issue refunds in the form of gift cards, coupon codes, or direct payments to customers’ cards, for instance.
- Custom return portal: Personalized and customer-friendly return portal.
- Automatic return labels: Create replacement orders and send return labels automatically through Shopify.
- Refund options: Refunds can also be made using gift cards or the source.
- In-store returns: Allow store returns, offer exchange with any product & set your own return policy.
7. PostCo: Returns & Exchanges
Rating: ⭐ 5/5
Pricing: Starts at $49/mo; 14-day free trial
The PostCo app lets you customize your return policies as per your store type and size. This makes PostCo 360 a top choice for your e-store along with instant variant exchanges, automatic store credit, and automatic approval of return requests.
More than 50 carriers from around the world have partnered with the app. Moreover, in-store returns can be made available if you also operate physical stores.
- Custom design: Completely alter the logo, color, image, font, URL, etc. on your returns portal.
- Set rules: Create policy rules according to your needs to enable particular return outcomes.
- Anti-refund: Offer store credit, a refund, and product exchanges for items of equal or greater value.
- Shipping labels: Create shipping labels automatically using custom or one of the 50+ pre-built integrations.
- Customization: Customize your returns process by adding questions, return causes, and image uploads.
Ecommerce return management is definitely a crucial process that requires you to use the right tools to manage it efficiently as your store scales. If not managed properly, ecommerce returns can gulp down your store’s revenue very quickly without you knowing about it.
All the apps listed in this post are the best. So, without a doubt, you should use one of them to manage and reduce returns for your store.
However, we suggest you try the Helplama Helpdesk, it is the ONLY software that understands ecommerce workflows. From automating returns to providing omnichannel support, you can wow your customers with this all-in-one app.
Best of all, Helplama Helpdesk is free for a 15 days trial. Start your free trial now!