Last Updated: February 2024
Product Review Apps have become essential tools for consumers seeking honest opinions and ratings before making informed purchasing decisions. These user-friendly applications simplify the process of researching products and services, empowering shoppers to make confident choices.
One of the most challenging aspects of managing a Shopify store is building trust with your customers.
Customers in today’s digital world look for information on brands and products that they can trust before making a purchase. In fact:
- 90% of consumers read online reviews before making a purchase.
- 66% of consumers stated that online reviews make them trust a brand online. Moreover, 35% of those said they would pay more for a similar option online if it had better reviews.
- 83 percent of shoppers will recommend a trusted company to others, 82 percent will continue to use that brand frequently, and 78% will give its new products and services a chance.
Therefore, highlighting your best and most persuasive customer reviews is critical to winning the trust of your website visitors. This is where product review apps for Shopify can help you collect customer reviews while also encouraging new customers to buy from you.
But there are hundreds of review apps on the Shopify app store, making it a fairly tough job to choose the best review apps for your Shopify store.
To help you with this, we’ve compiled a list of the 10 best Shopify review apps in this post. But first, you should know…
What You Should Look for in a Product Review App for Shopify
Here’s a list of seven features to look for in a good Shopify product review app:
- Collecting data should be straightforward: The app should allow you to gather reviews, ratings, Q&As, photos, and videos from a variety of sources.
- Import existing reviews: You should be able to easily import product reviews and photos from any source using the app.
- Showcase social proof: It should include the ability to upload product photos, as well as customer reviews and testimonials. As per studies, consumers trust word-of-mouth recommendations, such as user reviews, over other types of advertising. In fact, 92% of consumers believe recommendations from friends and family over all forms of advertising, and 88 percent of consumers say those recommendations are the most trusted form of advertisement.
- Customization options: The app should be completely customizable to match your store’s layout and design. It should ideally give you the ability to change the layout, text, and colors without having to code.
- Inbuilt reward system: It should have a built-in reward system that allows users to offer discounts, loyalty points, or cash back in exchange for reviews.
- Integrate with Google shopping and social media: To increase customer engagement, the app should allow you to share the best reviews on different social networks. You should be able to display your reviews on Google Shopping as well.
- Good pricing: The app must have unique and effective features that make your investment worthwhile.
Alright now that we’re clear on what to look for, let’s get started with the list.
10 Best Shopify Review Apps
1. Loox (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 8195 reviews)
Loox is the #1 Product Reviews solution on Shopify, with a 4.9/5 Shopify App Store rating and over 8,000 reviews. Loox has a lot of features that make it a great app for adding product reviews to your website.
The app allows you to collect customer reviews with photos/videos and display them on your store and social media with different customization options.
The best part is that review request emails can be sent out automatically a certain amount of time after a purchase is made, and customers can even be rewarded for leaving a review.
We found the backend admin panel to be very user-friendly, and the company is well-known for its customer service.
- Loox lets you translate foreign language reviews into English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese, among other languages.
- You can create special discount codes for customers who submit photo reviews.
- Loox provides a completely mobile-friendly theme that is compatible with all Shopify themes.
- You can easily import customer reviews and photos from social media, forums, eCommerce platforms, and other sources.
- Loox lets you automatically share reviews between products that are similar or identical.
- It does not require any technical knowledge to set up. They provide an easy-to-use interface for configuring and managing the app.
- Loox allows you to respond publicly to published customer reviews.
- It lacks the ability to further customize the review layout.
- The lower-priced plans do not include video reviews.
- For a more appealing webpage, there should be an option to display the homepage review photos in a uniform grid.
Loox offers four subscription plans and also a 14-day free trial. Their basic plan begins at $9.99 per month and includes 100 email review requests.
Loox is good for:
Loox is a low-cost solution for small and mid-sized businesses, costing less than $10 per month. It is also an excellent app for those who aren’t particularly tech-savvy.
Link to the Loox Product Reviews Shopify app: https://apps.shopify.com/loox
2. Fera (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 4073 reviews)
Fera is a highly rated Shopify app that helps streamline the whole product review process.
The app lets you automatically collect video, photo, and text reviews from customers and incentivize them with loyalty points, cashback, and discounts.
This app stands out from the crowd due to its intelligent review widgets feature, which allows you to avoid automatically showing zero reviews.
With Fera’s automatic SEO, Shopify ratings appear on Google and other search results.
The platform even provides tools to give you complete control over all micro engagements on your customer’s purchase journey.
- Fera allows you to conduct A/B Split testing on video reviews, photo reviews, and product reviews.
- Product reviews can be added automatically and displayed directly on your product pages or in a pop-up.
- You can also import and sync your existing reviews from popular review platforms with ease.
- Fera can also provide SEO snippets for all of your online reviews.
- With a point-and-click interface, you can add reviews, ratings, and photo widgets.
- Customized automated review requests are simple to set up.
- It also saves you time by generating a discount code for each customer.
- Some users have complained that setting it up takes some time.
- Users have reported minor bugs with the importing reviews function.
Fera offers a free 14-day trial, and paid plans begin at $9/month.
Fera is good for:
Fera is a good fit for most businesses, with custom pricing based on features and the number of orders your store receives. They also offer a lot of tools, so it’s worth trying out the free trial.
Link to the Fera Product Reviews app: https://apps.shopify.com/fera
3. Stamped.io (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 5631 reviews)
With over 5600 reviews on the Shopify app store, no list of the best review apps would be complete without Stamped.io. One of the most important factors contributing to the platform’s popularity is that it is trusted by some of Shopify’s largest companies, including Colgate and HBO.
This highly-rated app allows you to show your store visitors a variety of user-generated content such as photo and video reviews, community Q&As, and check-out reviews.
A notable feature is that it includes an in-email review request form to encourage more Shopify customer reviews. Stamped.io also includes net promoter ranking, which measures customer satisfaction and converts it to a metric that your marketers can use for insights.
- You can gather feedback from various sources, such as Facebook, Google Shopping, AliExpress, and so on.
- The app also provides a variety of review widgets to choose from.
- You can encourage photo and video reviews by providing your reviewers with coupons or discounts.
- Stamped is completely customizable to fit your brand.
- With Stamped, you can enable a Shopify review page that customers can fill out during the checkout process.
- We discovered that it is truly mobile-optimized and can run on a variety of themes.
- Product details and star ratings can be included in Google search results.
- Stamped UI can be confusing and difficult to understand at first. They do, however, provide several onboarding resources to assist you in getting started.
- If you’re a new website trying to build reviews, this tool can be quite pricey.
- We discovered that the free plan is only useful if you have a very limited product range.
Stamped.io offers a free plan with a monthly order limit of 50. Stamped.io pricing ranges from $23-$119 per month.
Stamped is good for:
Stamped is ideal for small to mid-sized businesses because it is cost-effective and offers excellent after-sales service. It can also be a great free tool for your business if you’re just starting out and your store orders don’t exceed 50 per month.
Link to the Stamped Product Reviews & UGC app: https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews-addon
4. Vitals (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 3385 reviews)
Vitals is more than just a review app; it is an all-in-one marketing and sales app that is an essential addition to your Shopify website. Although it has a wide variety of features, we’ll be concentrating solely on the tools available for product reviews.
Vitals allows you to import an unlimited number of product reviews from AliExpress, Loox, and other websites. It also allows you to receive ratings and testimonials with photos, which you can then display on your home, collection, and product review pages.
You can also provide social proof by tagging products in Instagram posts and displaying the gallery on your store’s homepage.
Our favorite feature? Vitals allows you to add a verified mark to genuine reviews to differentiate them from imported or unverified purchases.
- Vitals allows you to place a customized product reviews widget on various pages of your website.
- The app provides a streamlined process for collecting, importing, and displaying customer reviews directly in your store.
- It’s simple to set up automated review requests via email after purchase.
- Vitals also allows you to display trust badges on any page of your website.
- You gain access to a wide range of features, making it an excellent addition to your store.
- The support staff was extremely helpful. You can even contact them to change the appearance of your review page.
- Reviews are automatically translated and customizable.
- Each app has limited functionality in comparison to the other stand-alone apps available on Shopify.
- There aren’t enough customization options to match the variables to your own branding.
Vitals Shopify app offers a 30-day free trial. The paid plan is $29.99/month.
Vitals is good for:
Vitals can cater to a wide range of businesses since it has plenty of functions & extensions to choose from. Vitals is the app for you if you’re tired of using multiple apps to keep your store running smoothly.
Link to the Vitals app Shopify: https://apps.shopify.com/vitals
5. Ali Reviews (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 7622 reviews)
Ali Reviews is another popular Shopify review app that is trusted by over 40,000 Shopify store owners and has a 4.9-star rating on the Shopify store.
You can easily send automated and customizable emails and SMS to request photo reviews with Ali Reviews, and also reward reviewers’ efforts with discounts. They even provide customized designs for displaying all of your reviews on Shopify,
We liked the fact that you can also display personalized reviews based on consumer information or on-site behavior, which can potentially increase conversion rates and decrease cart abandonment rates.
- Ali Reviews offers drag-and-drop review widgets that are simple to use and do not require any coding.
- Brands can create a personalized email flow to re-engage with former clients.
- With automated email reminders, you can ensure that all review requests are seen by all customers.
- Your customers can be rewarded with discounts for photo reviews.
- We discovered Ali reviews to be very intuitive, easy to set up and use.
- The app also comes with a lot of customization options as well as the ability to manage everything from a single dashboard.
- We found the ability to run A/B widget testing to be very useful.
- On the menu collection page, the app does not show the average review for each product.
- Because the app does not have an auto-link feature for each product, using it can be time-consuming.
Ali Reviews come with a 7-day free trial. The starter plan costs $9.90 per month and can be upgraded to $99.90 per month.
Ali Reviews is good for:
Ali reviews app is ideal for individuals and small businesses on a budget, as the flat rate pricing starts at $9.90. It’s worth a shot because of the simple UI and extensive options.
Link to the Ali Reviews app: https://apps.shopify.com/ali-reviews
6. Rivyo (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 1701 reviews)
Rivyo is a product review app for Shopify businesses that helps display site, product reviews, and feedback alongside images.
Rivyo was included on this list because it is a multi-functional tool. Not only can you create a review channel for your customers, but you can also import reviews from third-party sites such as Amazon and AliExpress.
A standout feature for us was the dashboard, which displays daily real-time reports and provides clear information on how many reviews are added per day.
- Riyo allows you to send an email automatically after an order is fulfilled. The best part is the availability of pre-made email templates. You can also easily customize the email text and template.
- Rivyo lets you monitor Email Request statuses such as – sent, delivered, opened, and clicked.
- You can display the collected reviews as testimonials in your store. They offer modernized grid layouts to display reviews in different ways.
- Another standout feature is that you can increase the visibility of your brand on Google Shopping by displaying reviews in your shopping feed.
- Users can ask a question about a product and receive real-world consumer feedback, which can then be posted on the product page.
- Rivyo includes a wide range of customization options. You have the ability to change the appearance of your reviews, such as the Display Name, images, and so on.
- You can easily import reviews from third-party websites.
- The free plan is extremely limited and may not meet the needs of most businesses.
- Editing product reviews can take a long time.
- Some users have complained that the options for customizing email templates are limited.
Rivyo provides a free plan. Their paid plans range from $5.99 to $14.99 per month.
Rivyo is good for:
Rivyo is a good fit for mid-to-large businesses that require an unlimited number of review requests and import options. Expect effective customer service and comparatively low prices.
Link to the Rivyo Product Reviews & QA app: https://apps.shopify.com/rivyo-product-review
7. Judge.me (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 7607 reviews)
Starting out on a small budget? Judge.me may be the best option for you.
Judge.me is a cost-effective tool that collects and displays user-generated content about your products on your Shopify store.
It’s popular among Shopify users because it offers unlimited orders and requests emails regardless of the price plan.
With Judge.me, your previous customers receive review newsletters in which they can write their feedback directly in the inbox. If there is no response to the request, the app can send a reminder with an incentive to persuade them to leave a review.
- Judge.me helps you collect social proof in the form of photo reviews and videos to help increase customer engagement, conversion rates, and sales.
- There are no monthly restrictions on the number of reviews you can receive.
- Customers can browse reviews for the same product using features such as the review widget, preview badge, and reviews carousel.
- Because the app provides discount coupons, reviews can be easily incentivized.
- You can easily import product reviews from various suppliers using Judge.me.
- We discovered that reviews load instantly and that page loading times are optimized.
- We liked the app’s ability to detect spam reviews and automatically route them to the spam dashboard for later evaluation.
- As a first-time user, the UI can be a little puzzling.
- We discovered that sending manual review requests is quite difficult.
Judge.me comes with a free plan that offers unlimited product review requests. The paid plan is $15/month.
Judge.me is good for:
For Shopify store owners looking for a free product review app with unlimited product review requests, Judge.me is a great option. The additional features are available for a monthly fee of $15, which is competitively priced.
Link to the Judge.me app: https://apps.shopify.com/judgeme
8. Yotpo (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 4383 reviews)
Yotpo is a well-known product review Shopify app that is used to collect feedback by brands such as Rebecca Minkoff, MVMT, and Steve Madden.
Yotpo enables you to collect customer reviews, ratings, photos, and videos and convert them into sales. The app provides a 2-in-1 feature that allows you to collect both site and product reviews in a single email flow.
Yotpo has some unique features that set it apart from other tools, one of which is the ability to do a social push of reviews on social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
We found the app’s user interface to be straightforward, making it simple for both administrators and customers.
- Yotpo’s reviews widget enables your customers to leave reviews directly on your website.
- It is simple to set up and send automated email and SMS review requests.
- You can even encourage your customers by offering a loyalty program in which they receive a coupon for posting Shopify website reviews.
- Yotpo’s SMSBump allows you to target specific segments of your audience who you know are interested in certain products, making your SMS program more effective.
- They have built-in analytics that allows you to analyze reviews and adjust strategies.
- We found that the most helpful feature about Yotpo is the ease of integration with the website.
- We also found it quite easy to learn how to use and navigate.
- Some users find it frustrating that Yotpo’s logo and link appear at the top of the review section.
- We discovered that the free version is adequate but has very limited features.
- Yotpo’s paid plans can be expensive for small businesses.
Yotpo offers a free plan. If you wish to upgrade, you can opt for the Growth plan that starts at $15/month.
Yotpo is good for:
Yotpo is ideal for companies seeking an all-in-one marketing solution. Yotpo might be worth a shot if you need to collect a large number of reviews from multiple sources and prioritize support.
Link to the Yotpo reviews Shopify app: https://apps.shopify.com/yotpo-social-reviews
9. Opinew (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 1069 reviews)
Opinew makes it simple to convert customers by generating social proof from previous customers’ user-generated content.
Opinew allows you to request reviews from your current and previous orders via email and SMS review requests after purchase, as well as QR code printed requests in your packaging.
The app also allows you to import bulk product reviews from popular online marketplaces like Amazon, Ali Reviews, and eBay. We included Opinew on this list because all users receive the same features, but on varying scales depending on the payment plan.
- The app includes customization options to match your theme and branding.
- You can personalize product review requests to reflect your company’s brand, content, and tone.
- The app makes it easy to provide incentives for customers to leave reviews.
- Opinew integrates with Google Shopping Reviews and also offers image optimization to ensure that your website’s page loading speed is not affected.
- We found Opinew to be very user-friendly, and there are numerous tutorial videos available.
- Another advantage is that no coding is required for installation, and you can install the app on any theme you want.
- The majority of users appear to be extremely pleased with Opinew’s support team.
- Answering questions could be made easier, and reviewers and spam questions could be better filtered out.
- The monthly fee appears to be excessive for a small business.
Opinew includes a 7-day free trial. Their dynamic pricing plan ranges between $19 and $499.
Opinew is good for:
Opinew is a good solution for multichannel retailers who want to automate the generation and sorting of reviews. They offer custom plans for large businesses that require dedicated servers and support.
Link to the Opinew app: https://apps.shopify.com/photo-reviews
10. Growave (Overall rating ⭐4.9/5, 1577 reviews)
Growave is yet another all-in-one marketing platform that comes fully equipped with all of the best features for collecting customer reviews and displaying them beautifully on your Shopify store.
The fact that you can send personalized review request emails to your customers based on their purchase history is what we like best about Growave.
You can also use the app to increase customer engagement by making it simple for customers to ask questions and receive quick and accurate responses from verified shoppers and your team.
- The app lets you send review request emails that are automated, customizable, and personalized to collect verified photo reviews.
- Display shoppable Instagram and UGC galleries throughout your site to increase product discovery.
- A loyalty feature that rewards customers with loyalty points in exchange for leaving reviews and ratings.
- Integrate it with Google Shopping and social media to display reviews and ratings to potential customers.
- Growave is easy to set up, and all the features you require are accessible from a single dashboard.
- It is fully customizable, with various designs and layouts to match the look of your store.
- Spam can be avoided by automatically filtering reviews or manually moderating them.
- We discovered that the reward customization and design are poorly designed and need to be improved.
- Some users reported that it was difficult to get everything set up correctly and without problems.
All Growave plans include a 14-day free trial. Their basic plan begins at $29.99 per month.
Growave is good for:
Growave is ideal for small and medium-sized Shopify stores that want to manage loyalty and rewards, reviews, and user-generated content all in one place rather than using multiple apps.
Link to the Growave app: https://apps.shopify.com/growave
There’s no doubt that incorporating product reviews/ratings, social proof, and other elements is critical for creating an authentic and trustworthy shopping experience for your Shopify store. But still, U.S. companies lose $136.8 billion per year due to avoidable consumer switching. Nevertheless, a single business review can lift its conversions by 10%.
Therefore, accept their comments and testimonials – the good and the bad. Everyone reads the reviews but, here’s the thing: Customers are the most likely to purchase a product when it is ranked between 4.2 and 4.5 stars online, and most purchases occur when the product is rated 4.5 stars. So, do not manipulate the reviews.
All of the apps we’ve mentioned have extensive features, and each in its own right will increase customer trust in your company and products. We evaluated and chose the top ten Shopify apps based on their Shopify rating score, app reviews, ease of use, integration, and pricing.
We hope this article has helped you choose the best product review app for Shopify.
Also, check out the best Shopify apps for: