OTRS (Open-source Ticket Request System) is a popular web-based ticketing system that allows multiple communication channels like email, phone, web forms, and social media platforms to help customers contact the support team.
However, with the increasing demand for more advanced features and functionalities, businesses are looking for OTRS alternatives and competitors that can better cater to their needs.
In this article, we will walk you through:
Why Look for OTRS Alternatives?
The cost of OTRS can be a deterrent for small and medium-sized businesses. Some alternatives offer similar functionality and features at a lower cost or even for free.
Moreover, the complexity of OTRS can also pose a challenge for businesses. User interface and navigation may not be as intuitive as other options, leading to a steep learning curve for new users.
Lastly, businesses may require specific features that are not available in OTRS. Alternative options may offer customization to suit unique business requirements.
7 Best OTRS Alternatives & Competitors
Let’s explore the 7 best OTRS alternatives and competitors that have been tried and tested to ensure they provide the best customer support experience possible.
1) Helplama Helpdesk
- Omnichannel Integration – Engage with your clients through various communication platforms, comprising electronic mail, social networking sites, and instant messaging.
- Self-service Portal – This allows you to easily access information and perform tasks related to a particular service or product without the need for assistance from a customer service representative.
- View Entire Customer History – You can access all your customer interactions in one place with a unified view of live chat, email, social media, and other channels.
- Live Chat with Knowledge Base – With this feature, you can effortlessly send and recommend pertinent articles from your knowledge base directly to your chat.
- Custom Automations – With Helplama, you can create personalized automation for your customers’ repetitive support requests such as resetting passwords, reporting bugs, upgrading plans, and solving login issues.
2) Zendesk Support Suite
Pricing: Paid plan starts at $49/month with a 14-day free trial.
You can provide customer support through various channels like email, social media, voice, and mobile phone, and enjoy complete data reporting, TRUSTe certification, and over 90 integrations to streamline the process.
- Multichannel Support – You can receive assistance through multiple channels, including live chat, email, voice, messaging, and social media.
- Self-service – Create and manage your own help center, community forums, and knowledge base using the self-service feature. This feature supports AI and bots as well.
- Relevant Customer Data – Instant access to customer data enables you to provide customized support and offer targeted solutions to their issues. This, in turn, enhances customer satisfaction and fosters a devoted customer community.
- Streamlined Refunds – This feature will help improve your brand reputation and create a positive customer experience.
Pricing: Paid plan starts at $74/month.
Intercom is a customer service tool that can seamlessly integrate with email. With its in-context support and automation tools, it offers an all-in-one solution for customer interaction through chat that can be personalized to your business needs. But Intercom isn’t just limited to customer support. It also provides engagement and sales tools to help you grow your business.
- Automation – With Intercom’s AI-powered chatbots and automation tools, you can automate your conversations and reduce support volumes while increasing customer satisfaction in just a few minutes.
- In-context Support – Intercom’s messenger allows you to localize the UI and messages for different users based on their language preferences. You can also target messages based on language and localize already created custom bots and outbound content
- Customer Data Platform – With Intercom, you can gain valuable insights into your customers’ behavior and use that information to improve your customer service interactions.
4) Zoho Desk
Pricing: Free; 15-day free trial; paid plan begins at $7/month
If you are looking to customize, streamline, and automate your customer conversational support, Zoho Desk can be your go-to tool.
Zoho Desk, you can easily assign tickets to specific teams across multiple channels for quick resolution of customer issues. Plus, their website chat widget enables customers to provide feedback on canned responses, helping you improve your support.
- Create Rooms – With Zoho Desk, you can create Rooms or Channels for specific discussions. This feature allows you to organize customer conversations based on their topics and assign them to the relevant teams or agents.
- Simplify CRM – Offers a simplified way to create and export CRM reports. You can select the primary module and export method of your choice, set the start and end dates, and select the repeat type.
- Reports and Dashboards – Utilize the built-in dashboards to monitor and improve your service by tracking the most common metrics. Additionally, generate personalized reports to gather additional data.
- Customization – Layouts that are specific to each of your departments are available to you. These Layouts provide a variety of fields that can be customized to suit your specific requirements.
5) HubSpot Service Hub
Pricing: Free; paid plan starts at $18/month.
Consider using HubSpot for Shopify, in case you’re looking to integrate your online store data with HubSpot’s mid-market CRM, marketing automation, and customer service software.
By connecting your Shopify store to HubSpot, you’ll be able to transform your Shopify store data into powerful sales and marketing signals and gain a comprehensive view of your customers.
- Sync – By syncing your data, you can track customer behavior, preferences, and purchases, and use this information to create personalized marketing campaigns and improve sales.
- Personalize and Automate – You can incorporate new tactics such as abandoned cart email nurturing, smart CTAs in content, and product-specific re-engagement ads. These strategies can help you build a brand and voice that stands out from the competition.
- Collect Data & Report – Connect your Shopify store with HubSpot’s mid-market CRM to gain a comprehensive view of your customers and leverage out-of-the-box reporting capabilities. These reports can provide valuable insights to make data-informed decisions and redirect your e-commerce strategy.
Rating – ⭐4.7/5
Pricing – Free; paid plan starts at $19/month
If you’re looking for an all-in-one customer experience solution, Tidio can help. With live chat and multichannel communication, Tidio allows you to provide excellent customer service and turn passive visitors into active buyers.
You can use the platform’s ready-to-use sales and support chatbots to increase revenue and quickly answer common customer questions.
- Chatbot – Utilize pre-made chatbot strategies to resolve problems and boost sales. Chatbots can automate repetitive tasks and provide 24/7 support through consistent communication across multiple channels.
- Tidio App – Preview carts, check order history and recommend products directly in the chat with the Tidio App. It can be added to your Shopify store in just 30 seconds by clicking “Add App”.
- Ticketing System – Manage and resolve customer requests with ease using a simple ticketing system. This system can help you organize customer inquiries and provide timely responses to their concerns.
Rating – ⭐4.4/5
Pricing – Plans start at $15/agent/month with a 21-day free trial; Free
As a user, you can streamline your customer conversations across multiple channels, including email and phone, with Freshdesk – a cloud-based helpdesk software. It enables you to collaborate faster with your support team, ensuring quick responses to your customers.
With over 150 integrations available, they make it simple for businesses to provide superior customer support. Join the league of 100,000+ companies across different industries who trust Freshdesk.
- Omnichannel Support – With Freshdesk, you can easily manage customer conversations across various channels, including email, phone, chat, WhatsApp Business, and social media platforms, all from a centralized interface.
- Faster Resolution – By utilizing advanced automation rules, you can significantly decrease the number of manual and repetitive tasks that you need to perform.
- CSAT Tracking – Keep track of your team’s performance with the help of customizable analytics and reports. Identify bottlenecks before they become major issues and stay on top of your team’s CSAT goals.
If you’re searching for the best OTRS alternatives and competitors in 2023, it’s essential to identify your business goals and objectives first. Take a look at the top 7 alternatives to OTRS and determine which one meets your specific business needs and requirements the best.
Alternatively, you can try Helplama Helpdesk, a powerful and efficient helpdesk software that can increase your team’s productivity and improve your customer support services. So, what are you waiting for?