Last Updated: December 2023
A meta field in Shopify is a custom field that allows you to customize the functionality and appearance of your store by storing specialized information that is not usually accessible in the Shopify admin.
Managing metafields manually as admin is a complicated task. Here we bring the list of top curated best Shopify metafields apps that will allow you to easily manage your metafields and optimize your Shopify store.
Here are the 15 best metafields Shopify apps
- Webify Metafields Editor (⭐4/5, 137 Reviews )
- S-BULK Excel Like Product Edit (⭐4/5, 50 Reviews )
- Bonify Custom Fields (⭐5/5, 148 Reviews )
- Metafields Manager (⭐4.8/5, 93 Reviews )
- Metafields Plus (⭐5/5, 13 Reviews )
- Airfields (⭐5/5, 12 Reviews )
- Metafields Guru (⭐5/5, 210 Reviews )
- All in One Metafields (⭐4.5/5, 13 Reviews )
- Custom Metafield Configuration (⭐5/5, 7 Reviews )
- SuperFields by Maestrooo (⭐5/5, 15 Reviews )
- Metafy (⭐5/5, 9 Reviews )
- ACF: Metafields Custom fields (⭐4.2/5, 100 Reviews)
- Metafields2 (⭐5/5, 35 Reviews )
- Metafields Custom Field Master (⭐5/5, 76 Reviews )
- Accentuate Custom Fields (⭐5/5, 55 Reviews )
1. Webify Metafields Editor (⭐4/5, 137 Reviews )
Webify Metafields Editor can manage an unlimited number of meta fields for all the resource variants, including the rarely used meta fields for blog, article, and shop objects.
- Possess a simple interface to perform all tasks on a single page.
- You can use the import option to create a massive amount of metafields.
- Also, back up your metafields regularly.
- Import and export options are available on a credit basis in the basic plan.
- You need to modify the Shopify theme to read and display newly created metafields.
- Free: Starter,
- Basic: $8.99/ month,
- Pro: $15.99/ month,
- Unlimited: $30.99/ month.
2. S-BULK Excel Like Product Edit (⭐4/5, 50 Reviews )
S-Bulk Excel Like Product Edit app allows users to manage their products in a spreadsheet manner with an Excel-like interface.
- Provides fast management of product/variant import and export processes.
- Search or replace description and other text fields for bulk products.
- Automatically adds meta-fields on the front-end product page.
- Consumes more time for editing bulk products.
- Free: For 1 month,
- Full plan 2.5k PR: $6.99/ month,
- Full plan 20k PR: $16.99/ monthFull plan unlimited: $59.99/ month.
3. Bonify Custom Fields (⭐5/5, 148 Reviews )
Bonify Custom Fields app is a highly flexible and smart metafield editor. It uses prebuilt widgets and is completely customizable without a need for coding techniques.
- Easy to add metafields to your theme.
- Automatically import and sync metafield definitions.
- You can migrate files from anywhere into the Shopify Files section.
- Supports bulk editing by integrating with Shopify’s bulk editor.
- Imported files are not presented in a formattable form.
- Free: For development stores,
- Pro: $14/ month,
- Pro Plus: $19/ month.
4. Metafields Manager (⭐4.8/5, 93 Reviews )
With Metafields Manager adding metafields to products, creating valuable functionality and custom fields is made easy.
- Bulk import and export metafields using CSV uploader.
- Easy to add images, and videos to products, blog posts, or collections.
- The navigation process is difficult.
- Free: For development stores that are password protected,
- Production plan: $20/ month.
5. Metafields Plus (⭐5/5, 13 Reviews )
Metafields Plus app allows you to add custom fields to your products. You can add metafields to products, customers, stores, and orders.
- Easy to edit metafields directly from products, variants, collections, and customers’ admin page.
- Pin or unpin metafields to make a common structure of field types to products or exclusive for certain products.
- No proper support service.
- The app consumes more memory space.
- Free: For development and trial stores,
- Basic plan: $5/ month.
6. Airfields (⭐5/5, 12 Reviews )
The Airfields app allows you to extend your store with any type of data.
- You can add extra images or a video for a collection and use it on the product page.
- Allows you to include additional delivery notes to your orders or extra information for invoices.
- Starting cost is a bit high.
- Free trial: For 30 days,
- Starts from $29/ month.
7. Metafields Guru (⭐5/5, 210 Reviews )
This Metafield app let you create, update, and delete metafields for products, variants, collections, orders, customers, blogs, and pages directly from the Shopify admin panel.
- Import metafields from a custom CSV file with smart field mapping.
- Filtering of products is possible based on vendor, type, or tags.
- Bulk editing features are not supported in the current version.
- Rookie: Free to install,
- Adept: $9/ month,
- Guru: $19/ month,
- Guru plus: $59/ month.
8. All in One Metafields (⭐4.5/5, 13 Reviews )
The All-in-One Metafield Shopify app is simple and easy to use. You can customize metafields for products, blogs, articles, pages, orders, and customers, which are fully managed by the admin panel.
- Provides live support after app installation.
- Allows you to control and customize the custom fields by providing a wide range of field types.
- Difficult to style the output.
- Free trial: For 7 days,
- Booster: $1.99/ month.
9. Custom Metafield Configuration (⭐5/5, 7 Reviews )
Add any type of custom data to your products with Custom Metafield Configuration. The app stores all your files in Shopify, not on the server.
- Allows you to create global metafields for all products, orders, etc.
- You can edit metafields created by other apps as it allows you to sync with your existing metafields.
- Bulk processing is not available.
- Free trial: For 14 days,
- Basic plan: $18/ month.
10. SuperFields by Maestrooo (⭐5/5, 15 Reviews )
Here you have the SuperFields by Maestroo which helps to manage metafields in Shopify at an affordable price.
- You have the facility to attach metafields to products, variants, collections, articles, and pages.
- The application is not user-friendly.
- Free trial: For 7 days,
- Standard: $8.90/ month,
- Shopify plus: $24.90/ month.
11. Metafy (⭐5/5, 9 Reviews )
Metafy app allows you to create valuable functions and custom fields free of cost
- You can build any type of form with basic data field types.
- No scaling or hosting cost as it is completely dependent on existing Shopify infrastructure.
- Proper service is not available.
- Presence of bugs in the app.
- Free to use.
12. ACF: Metafields Custom fields (⭐4.2/5, 100 Reviews )
ACF is a powerful add-on application that utilizes Shopify’s metafields. You can manage, add, import, or export metafields to Shopify orders, products, customers, collections, product variants, blogs, and articles.
- You can create brand profiles for collections.
- Add fields to the detailed page of products.
- Create even customer profiles.
- Editing process is time-consuming.
- Free to install,
- Pro: $4.99/ month,
- Infinity Pro: $12.99/ month.
13. Metafields2 (⭐5/5, 35 Reviews )
Metafields2 allows you to add extra fields to your data. This app adds context-aware links within your Shopify dashboard to the app, through which you can create and manage all your extra fields.
- Import or export products via CSV file.
- Allows you to create, manage, and add data to metafields in your store.
- Bulk processing of data is tedious.
- Starts from $7/ month.
14. Metafields Custom Field Master (⭐4.5/5, 76 Reviews )
Metafields Custom Field Master lets you turn visitors into buyers by providing all product information.
- Provides information regarding size, color, address, payments of orders, products, and more.
- Upload massive data set through CSV file or syncing with a spreadsheet.
- Bulk import or export is not applicable.
- Free trial: For 7 days,
- Development plan: Free,
- Starter plan: $9.90/ month,
- Pro plan: $19.90/ month,
- Pro+plan: $49.90/ month.
15. Accentuate Custom Fields (⭐5/5, 55 Reviews )
Accentuate easily allows you to extend your Shopify store with your own custom fields such as multi-language text fields and images.
- Dynamically build custom field lists using repeated field types.
- Not user-friendly.
- Free trial: For 30 days,
- Professional: $20/ month,
- Professional Plus: $40/ month.
Above mentioned are the few best Shopify metafields apps. You can use any one of them to customize your Shopify store and display specialized information for your customers.
If you like to establish a smooth relationship with your customers. You can consider Helplama Helpdesk. Moreover, Helplama integrates with Shopify, and it also offers good customer support with a knowledge base and features based on artificial intelligence.