Last Updated: December 2023
Customer service is the key to any business no matter what industry you are in. But ecommerce is one of those industries where shoppers often contact you for multiple reasons, be it order status, tracking, shipping, returns, exchanges, and many more.
So if you are in ecommerce, you need help desk software to manage multiple customer queries effectively.
But researching and selecting the best ecommerce help desk software can be time-consuming for you as a business owner. That’s why we have put together the 7 best helpdesk software for ecommerce you should look at in 2022.
Table of Contents
Helpdesk by Helplama is not just a customer service software, it’s built especially for ecommerce businesses and can help you automate many other ecommerce workflows as well.
Along with all the basic ticketing and helpdesk features, Helplama offers live chat with chatbot AI, order tracking and scanning for issues, a self-service portal to automate returns and exchanges, and more.
Moreover, it is the ONLY help desk to provide automated agent training that saves up to 50% of your time spent on training rookie agents.
- Integration with email, voice, live chat, social media, Slack, Shopify, Magento, and many more.
- View entire customer history in one click – every order, every interaction.
- Self-service portal with 24×7 customer service powered by AI chatbots.
- Knowledge base – internal and external, to empower both your employees and customers.
- Automated returns center for initiating returns, exchanges, and refunds.
- Agents marketplace to hire uber-talented US-based agents on an hourly basis.
- Marketing automation for the collection of user-generated reviews on Google, Trustpilot, and Amazon.
- Influencer Identification to identify and collaborate with influencers in your niche.
- Automated agent training is available from the Pro plan.
Helplama offers a variety of fixed and custom pricing plans starting from just $99/month/ 3 users. A 15-day free trial is also available for all plans.
Gorgias is one of the best help desk software primarily built for ecommerce businesses to manage their customer support. It comes with basic to advanced features that you can use to automate customer service workflows and provide customers with self-service.
The Gorgias app store has 94 apps that you can integrate with. Moreover, the ecommerce customer service software can be integrated with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
- Integrates with multiple channels and platforms providing omnichannel customer support.
- Intent and sentiment detection to automate the ticket assignment to agents.
- Create pre-made responses (macros) that are customized with your brand’s distinct tone and identity.
- Pay-as-you-go ticket-based pricing can be expensive for businesses with low AOV and high ticket volume.
- Voice and SMS integrations are add-ons.
- No WhatsApp integration.
Ticket-based pricing starts from just $10/mo including 50 tickets per month. You can ask them for a free trial.
Re:amaze is a centralized solution that covers pretty much all types of customer service communication.
This live chat and helpdesk platform is used by companies such as Boley, GoodDoll, Enervee, and more.
Furthermore, its features allow you to connect with customers across multiple channels, set up chatbots, streamline workflows, collect customer satisfaction ratings, and so on.
A standout feature of Reamaze is AI-powered Intents, which help accurately classify support messages and predict customer sentiments.
- You can use the platform to create FAQs that can be distributed in a variety of formats.
- You will have access to a live dashboard where you can monitor your customers’ browsing activity, shopping data, and geolocation on your site, as well as message them directly.
- Integrate the helpdesk into your ecommerce store as well as a wide range of third-party pages and apps.
- The search function will only return results when the exact term is entered.
- Some users have expressed dissatisfaction with the Instagram integration.
Reamaze offers 3 pricing plans starting from $29/month paid monthly or annually.
Front is a popular customer service tool that offers an email-like shared inbox to help businesses converse with customers at scale and increase operational efficiency.
The tool has been used and reviewed positively by leading companies like Shopify, GoDaddy, and Mailchimp.
- Intuitive and easy email-like user interface for integrated customer communications.
- Custom rules setting to route, assign and escalate messages.
- Multiple agents can collaborate to resolve a single support request.
- Actionable insights on team, conversation, productivity, and customers.
- Tricky and expensive pricing plans.
- No analytics in the starter plan.
- No voice integration in the starter plan.
The starter plan costs $19/user/month when billed annually with a minimum of 2 users. So, in simple terms, it starts from $38/month/2 users, billed annually.
Richpanel is an ecommerce help desk that can help your team communicate with customers via email, live chat, phone, and social media from a single shared inbox.
The tool put emphasis on the self-service help center and automation to assist your online support team in providing more streamlined support. Richpanel claims to resolve up to 60% of customer queries with its self-service options.
- Measure all customer service metrics in real-time – response times, resolution times, customer satisfaction, etc.
- AI-powered live chat widget that allows your customers to view orders, track packages, and browse FAQs.
- Unified view of customer history.
- Pricing can be costly for small businesses.
- No social media, voice, and SMS integrations in the starter plan.
A free plan is available with only up to 100 conversations per month. Richpanel’s paid pricing starts from $200/mo.
Edesk by Xsellco is one of the most popular and best ecommerce help desk software that offers a shared inbox with an intuitive UI to provide omnichannel customer support.
Xsellco comes with all the basic automations and help desk ticketing features that help desk software usually provide.
However, Edesk integration with other Xsellco apps and tools is what makes it one of the best customer service tools for ecommerce.
- Live chat with proactive messaging and help center integration.
- Integration with many industry-approved ecommerce platforms and software.
- Suggested AI replies for faster response times.
- Automatic ticket assignment and prioritization.
- Integrations and Add-ons can make it pricey.
- Tricky and expensive pricing plans with minimum 3-agents requirement.
Xsellco offers both ticket-based and user-based pricing plans starting from $99/month for 300 monthly tickets.
Helpdesk Support & FAQUVdesk is a versatile customer service solution with features geared toward handling customer support inquiries from multiple channels in a single location.
We found the features of this service help desk to be simple to use, capable of reducing repetitive tasks and can help increase the overall productivity of your team.
The best part is that it is a highly customizable cloud-based helpdesk that can meet the needs of any e-commerce business. Especially given the helpdesk’s 50+ third-party integrations.
- To resolve routine questions, your agents can use saved responses.
- To reduce support demand, UVdesk provides a curated brand knowledge base and an integrated AI librarian bot.
- All the customer information is embedded in each service ticket.
- Limited branding options- you cannot add an image to the knowledge base banner or customize the bubble icon.
A free plan with limited features is available. Paid plans start from just $22/month.
An ecommerce help desk is a must-have tool if you receive a large number of customer support requests every day. And all the ecommerce help desk software listed in this post are best for their unique features and functionalities.
Still, we can’t tell you which specific help desk you should go for. However, we suggest you opt for a free trial before paying for any software.
If you still feel overwhelmed, we suggest you try the Helplama Helpdesk. It is the best overall ecommerce help desk with a set of useful ecommerce automations and affordable pricing.
Start your 15-day free trial! No credit card is required.