Last Updated: December 2023
Providing a great customer service experience to your customers is crucial for your Shopify store to survive and grow.That’s because 87% of customers think brands can put more effort into providing a higher level of consistent service experience, as per a Helplama survey.But consumers being present on average 11 social media channels, makes it difficult to serve them without using a customer service apps or tool.
If you’re looking for the best customer service app for your Shopify store, we will help you know:
- Why is providing excellent customer service important?
- 12 best Shopify support apps for customer service:
- Increases Revenue: In a survey, more than two-thirds of customers were willing to spend 14% more when companies provided excellent customer service.
- Positive Word-of-Mouth: 46 percent of American consumers say they always tell others about good service experiences; however, an even greater number (60 percent) say they talk about poor service experiences.
- Increased engagement: A good customer service tool can help you provide personalized service to your customers, increasing customer engagement. In fact, 74% of marketers say targeted personalization increases customer engagement. Despite knowing the relevance of personalization, 72% of marketers admit that they don’t know how they can do it effectively.
- Increased customer loyalty: Over 79% of customers stated that they are loyal to brands that they feel understand them, as per a Helplama survey. Moreover, a large percentage – 89 percent of consumers stay loyal to brands that share the same values as they do.
12 Best Shopify Customer Service Apps:
Indeed, there is no one-size-fits-all formula here; each business has its own set of customer service requirements.
That’s why, we have broadly explained these customer service apps based on their usage, pricing, key features, reviews on various websites, and ratings on the Shopify app store.
1. Helplama Helpdesk
If you’re just getting started with customer service, a quick-start tool like the Helplama Helpdesk can be an excellent solution.
The app provides a unified platform for meeting your customers via their preferred channels, such as email, chat, social media, and so on.
What’s the best part? The support features of this tool are unique in this list, as it provides automated agent training, recruitment, AI-drafted emails, etc.
A relevant fact: Chatbots will power 85% of customer service by 2020.
- With a single click, you can integrate with e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, Magneto, and Woo-commerce, among others
- Helplama integrates email support as well as AI-drafted emails. This can significantly reduce your email traffic as well as your team’s workload.
- It also includes an automated training module for your team members to be trained and tested.
Helplama Helpdesk provides a 15-day free trial. The Standard plan costs $99 /month/ 3 users.
2. Reamaze (Overall ratings: 4.7/5⭐, 211 reviews)
Reamaze is a helpdesk and Shopify customer service chat platform that allows you to provide consistent customer service via live chat, email, and social media.
Reamaze offers chatbot automation, workflows, and intents that are simple to set up and help customers get answers quickly.
We found that Reamaze is also user-friendly and simple to train new employees, especially those who are new to Customer Service.
- Pre-built chatbots assist in answering order status questions as well as questions covered in the FAQ.
- Assess the revenue and sales impact of your customer service team.
- Use AI-powered Intents to accurately classify support messages and predict customer sentiments.
Reamaze provides a 14-day free trial. Reamaze Basic costs $29 per month per user.
3. HelpCenter (Overall ratings:4.8/5⭐, 1282 reviews)
HelpCenter is a Shopify chat support app that aims to improve interactions with customers even before they decide to contact you directly.
With HelpCenter, you can create a comprehensive and easy-to-navigate FAQ page in no time using their FAQ builder. This helps you respond to the most frequently asked customer questions, reducing the number of repetitive inquiries in your inbox.
We found that their help desk ticketing system allows you to centralize all customer communications, regardless of channel, in one place.
- Manage all email, chat, and Facebook Messenger inquiries in a single, simple platform.
- Create an informative, user-friendly FAQ page that will answer your customers’ questions before they arrive in your inbox.
- Chatbots allow your customers to contact your company in real-time and after hours.
HelpCenter has a 14-day free trial. Pricing for additional features starts from $4.99/month.
4. Richpanel Help Center & CRM (Overall ratings: 5/5⭐ , 91 reviews)
To operate multiple tools in order to respond to customers would be the last thing your customer service team would want.
We found that the app’s functionality is extremely user-friendly, and it is designed in such a way that training is simple. You can also custom tailor FAQs to display different questions and answers, as well as set conditions for when those questions appear.
- It enables you to connect multiple stores, create store-specific branding, and support all customers from a single location.
- Customers can view orders, track packages, and browse FAQs using Richpanel’s live chat messenger.
- Allows you to measure all customer service metrics in order to see how your customer support team is performing in terms of response times, resolution times, etc.
Richpanel has a 14-day free trial. Their paid plans with extra features start from $99/month.
5. Zendesk (Overall ratings:3.6/5⭐ , 151 reviews)
Zendesk boosts customer service efficiency by combining a centralized helpdesk with new messaging tools and features. Zendesk centralizes all communication as well as your customers’ data.
One of the key things we like about Zendesk is– It allows support agents to maintain a conversation across multiple channels with no gaps in continuity. This provides a more natural customer experience while increasing the productivity of your team.
- AI-powered live chat that alerts agents when a customer is about to leave your website.
- Responses to high-frequency tickets are automated.
- Forum software turns your Shopify customers into a loyal community while also providing insight into their pain points.
After a 30-day free trial, prices begin at $49 per month.
6. UVdesk – Helpdesk Support & FAQ (Overall ratings:4.9/5⭐ , 19 reviews)
UVdesk is a highly customizable and advanced cloud-based helpdesk that can meet the needs of any e-commerce business.
UVdesk converts inquiries from any outreach channel into service tickets automatically, making it simple to manage overall customer support. UVdesk also works with a variety of third-party apps and email service providers.
- Full customer information is embedded in each service ticket.
- To resolve routine questions, your agents can use saved responses.
- To reduce support demand, UVdesk provides a curated brand knowledge base and an integrated AI librarian bot.
Choose between a free package and premium features starting at $11 per month.
7. Gorgias ‑ Live Chat & Helpdesk (Overall ratings:4.7/5⭐ , 525 reviews)
Gorgias is a help desk that enables your support team to manage all of your customer service in a single location.
The Gorgias app not only unifies all communication channels in a single location, but also automatically organizes each customer’s entire story, including purchase history, subscription information, and delivery details.
They even have features like automation, templates, and rules to help your Shopify live support team be more productive.
- Identifying engagement opportunities and prompting personalized Shopify live chat support.
- Set up automated responses to frequently asked questions.
- Tracking comprehensive sales data to measure impacts.
After a seven-day free trial, prices begin at $50 per month.
8. DelightChat (Overall ratings:4.9/5⭐ , 56 reviews)
DelightChat is an omnichannel customer support software designed specifically for eCommerce businesses, making it easy to stay active on all support channels and respond as quickly as possible.
It allows you to connect your Instagram, Facebook, Email, and WhatsApp support channels and respond to customer inquiries from a single dashboard.
One of the key things we like about Delightchat is- You can collaborate with your team members, assign support tickets within the team, and see who is working on a ticket to increase efficiency.
- Self-Service and Live Chat widgets are built-in, making it easy for customers to contact you.
- Rule-based automation options save you hours each day by responding to repetitive queries, organizing tickets, assigning tasks, and so on.
- CSAT is built-in to assist you in obtaining information about how your support has performed.
Prices start at $29/month for 500 tickets.
9. Easy FAQ Page | Help Support (Overall ratings:5/5⭐ , 324 reviews)
Easy FAQ makes it simple to design modern FAQ pages for your store.
We found that the app simplifies and streamlines the process of creating custom FAQs and lets you set up your FAQs page in a matter of minutes.
The FAQ page is fully customizable, which means you can change things like font size, color, and style to match your brand and style.
- Responsive, modern, and customizable templates, as well as a wide variety of configuration options, are available for the FAQ page.
- Support for Google FAQ schema to improve store SEO.
- If you have specific styling needs, you can reach out to the team via support email to get things sorted.
There is a free plan available. Paid plans begin at $7.99 per month.
10. Tawk.to Live Chat (Overall ratings:4.3/5⭐ , 227 reviews)
Tawk.to is a Shopify live chat app that allows you to monitor and chat with website visitors, respond to support tickets, and build a help center to empower customers to help themselves.
The best part about this tool is that it has a completely free plan for all users.
We also found that it is simple to use and takes little time to set up. Your agents can easily log in to their accounts from the mobile app and chat with customers directly.
- You can customize the chat button that appears on your website, as well as the hours and days of the week that it is available.
- You can add several stores and manage chats from various websites.
- The chat app, knowledge base, and ticketing system integrate seamlessly with your store.
Tawk.to’s price is probably its most appealing feature. You have access to all of the basic features for free.
11. Flowio (Overall ratings:5/5⭐, 435 reviews)
Do you want to provide consistent customer support via an omnichannel platform? You should consider Flowio.
Flowio is a Shopify support chat app that allows you to connect with customers 24/7, capture more leads with Pop-ups, and send a personalized email and SMS campaigns.
Relevant Fact: A large proportion – 94% of in-house marketers agree that website and e-mail personalization is critical to current and future success. Additionally, e-commerce businesses using personalization technologies gain an average increase of 19% in sales.
Furthermore, instead of making your store visitors wait for an email response to their concerns, Flowio allows you to provide continuous service through live chat.
One of the key things we like about Flowio is- the app also provides access to numerous pre-built automation that cover the majority of common use cases.
- Flowio’s optimized drag-and-drop editor allows you to easily create professional emails without writing a single line of code.
- They offer a large library of responsive pre-built templates to ensure that your messages look professional.
- Allows you to broadcast offers and display contextual chat greetings at the precise time they are considering purchasing your product to drive sales.
Choose between a free plan and an advanced plan with premium features starting at $19/month.
12. Chatra: Live Chat, Facebook, Email, Visitor list + Cart Saver (Overall ratings:4.8/5⭐, 634 reviews)
Chatra is the ideal tool for your company to communicate with our customers and provide timely information.
It makes it simple to track support needs, and no customer is lost in the shuffle because missed chats are automatically forwarded to ticketing software.
We found that Chatra also allows you to see the contents of a shopper’s cart in real-time, allowing you to identify the most valuable customers and provide tailored assistance.
- When you are offline or unavailable to chat, this feature collects contact information so that you can contact customers even if they have left your site.
- Allows multiple agents to communicate with a customer in a group chat to solve pressing issues.
- Reduce cart abandonment by proactively contacting customers who are stuck in the checkout process.
Chatra provides a free plan with limited features. Paid plans begin at $21/month.
Since the number of apps in the Shopify store is constantly growing, it can be difficult to choose the best one, especially given the fact that different sectors have different requirements. However, there are numerous options for obtaining high-quality customer service based on your company’s budget. Our recommendations above should get you off to a good start and encourage you to explore the vast potential of the Shopify app store for optimizing your customer experience.
Other than using the best Shopify customer service software, hiring talented and experienced customer service agents is also crucial. In fact, 99 percent of consumers say that getting a satisfactory answer or being connected to someone knowledgeable (98 percent) are the important prerequisites to great customer experiences.
If hiring a customer service team seems costly and time-consuming to you, you can always outsource your Shopify customer support to Helplama’s specialized professionals starting from just $399/mo.