Last Updated: February 2024
So spending on customer and lead acquisition is not enough, engaging with customers is also crucial to converting leads into sales. But still, only 5% of marketers currently have the necessary tools for multichannel engagement and marketing, and only 15% of marketers focus on customer retention, as per an Econsultancy report.
This is where customer engagement platforms can help you effectively engage with customers and convert them.
However, with so many different types of customer engagement tools available, determining which ones are best for you can be difficult.
That’s why we will help you know:
- Why Customer Enagement is Important? (Stats)
- Top 12 Customer Engagement Platforms
Why Customer Enagement is Important? (Stats)
- 68% of customers say that they would shop at a brand that has a loyalty program.
- 94% of companies see “higher engagement and conversion rates” as benefits of a commitment to customer experience.
- Around 82% of companies claim that customer retention is cheaper than gaining new customers.
- Acquiring a new customer can cost five times more than retaining an existing customer.
- Repeat purchases make up 65% of the average company’s revenue.
- 91% of consumers are more likely to do business with recognizable and memorable brands that provide them with relevant offers.
- It costs 16 times more to build a long-term relationship with a new customer, compared to keeping an existing one.
12 Best Customer Engagement Platforms:
Indeed, there is no one-size-fits-all formula here; each business has its own set of requirements.
That’s why, we have broadly explained these customer interaction platforms, highlighting the key features, use cases, and pricing for each.
1. Genesys DX (formerly Bold360)
Genesys DX (formerly Bold360) is a customer engagement software that combines live chat engagement and chatbots to provide a key channel for managing your customer contacts.
The Chatbots can allow you to respond faster which is crucial as well.
In fact, according to a statistic released by a U.S. company called InsideSales.com, if the time from lead acquisition to calling was “within 5 minutes”, you could talk to customers compared to “within 10 minutes”. The result is that the conversion rate is “400%” and the increased likelihood of establishing contact by “100 times.”
Genesys DX can be used to improve communication with your end-users, reduce phone call costs, and provide more self-service capabilities to help customers resolve questions more quickly.
- It’s an efficient and convenient way to keep critical information in a centralized location that’s easily accessible 24/7
- Provides a knowledge base that allows all customer-facing employees to access company information
- Ability to easily customize UI/Content without relying on developers
Genesys DX pricing begins at $75 per month. You can also request a demo from them.
Intercom enables you to engage your customers from the discovery stages all the way through to post-purchase product support.
This customer engagement platform is well-known for its business messenger, management tools, chatbot solutions, and product tours.
The one key thing we liked is that – Intercom is easy to navigate, resulting in a very user-friendly experience for both the support team and the customers.
The email marketing feature is also quite advanced, allowing you to create automated sequences and A/B test them in action.
- Allows you to provide support to clients without switching between apps.
- Easy for cross-functional teams to have visibility into customer interactions.
- Allows you to create an effective FAQ page based on questions asked by customers in the Intercom web chat.
Intercom’s paid plans start at $67 per month. They also offer a free trial period.
3. Zendesk Support Suite
If you’re looking for a tool to track all of your customer interactions in one place, Zendesk’s cloud-based customer support suite can help.
Zendesk can be an excellent choice for small businesses in need of customer service assistance.
Zendesk support suite can help you improve the efficiency with which issues/tickets are tracked and helps to make the process of communicating with clients more professional and structured.
They also offer in-depth tutorials and a comprehensive, user-friendly help center.
- When a problem arises, your representatives can share information via private comments to help solve the problem as quickly as possible.
- The built-in SLA (Service-level Agreement) allows agents to set their parameters and use up-to-date measurements to monitor the status of a specific ticket.
- Common tasks, such as closing inactive ticket alerts and notifying a manager of a new issue, are automated to free up time for your agents.
Zendesk Support Suite is available in a variety of pricing plans ranging from $19 to $99 per month.
Twilio enables you to communicate and engage with customers across multiple platforms at the same time.
Unlike most tools, Twilio provides all of the tools required to launch a company’s inbound and outbound communications system from the ground up.
You can also use it to provide the best developer experience possible when building voice and text-based applications for your company.
We also discovered that they have excellent onboarding – the time required to get started on their services is very fast.
- In-depth dashboards and insights – The delivery and costing statistics in their dashboards are clear and simple to understand.
- APIs for communications that enable messaging, voice chats, and video conversations
- Understanding the platform is extremely simple thanks to its excellent documentation, which is written in a very clear and simple-to-understand manner.
Twilio offers a variety of customized pricing options for different features as per a business’s requirements.
Freshdesk is a cloud-based helpdesk system that provides powerful customer service features.
Freshdesk unifies conversations from email, phone, web, chat, and social, allowing you to easily resolve issues across multiple channels.
You can also use Freshdesk to automate workflows, provide convenient self-service options, manage SLAs, and generate reports.
- It is simple to save information about customer queries. For repeat contacts, the data stored on previous interactions is accessible to review their history.
- The gamification mechanics transform the customer service job into an enjoyable activity for agents.
- Enhances agent performance by providing various help desk metrics.
Freshdesk offers a 21-day free trial with full access to all features. Their paid plans start from $15 per month.
6. Zoho CRM Plus
As the name suggests, Zoho CRM Plus can be the right toolset for your customer service team to manage customer relations and achieve a great customer experience.
Zoho CRM Plus enables you to communicate with your customers via a variety of channels such as email, phone, social media, live chat, surveys, and so on.
The platform also enables you to automate complex tasks, increasing team productivity.
- The user interface is easily customizable to match your business processes and automate based on your specific operational requirements.
- Management of support and customer service via an interactive desk. Internally, Zoho Desk also provides a very transparent view of customer information.
- Integration of various tools allows you to manage everything in one place.
Zoho CRM Plus offers a 30-day free trial period. Their paid plans begin at $50 per month.
7. Oracle service
Oracle service is a quick and easy-to-implement omnichannel customer support solution. Oracle service, with both B2C and B2B offerings, enables your company to provide customers with a variety of ways to engage across different channels.
We discovered that Oracle’s customer engagement service provides several customization options for each problem. The platform is especially well-suited for enhancing self-service experiences. Oracle also does an excellent job of making it simple to create detailed reports.
- Provides next-best-action recommendations for agents based on AI.
- Provides customers with a self-service portal to ask and receive answers to all of their queries.
- Automation of back-office repetitive tasks leads to a faster response time to customer concerns.
This product’s pricing has not been provided by Oracle Service. You can contact them here to request a custom quote or a demo.
8. Salesforce CRM
Salesforce CRM enables you to manage customer-centric processes such as sales, marketing, quoting, and customer service in a single location.
Salesforce provides a CRM platform that can also scale with your company. Salesforce offers some of the best tools for your agents to improve customer experience by making it easier to fill out forms, find articles to solve customer problems, and so on.
Salesforce is also simple and easy to use, allowing you to spend more time on customer experience rather than figuring out how to use the software.
- The comprehensive reporting functions make it simple to manage teams and identify areas for improvement.
- Chatter enables remote employees to accurately and efficiently communicate information with their team.
- The Salesforce App Cloud allows you to keep track of a variety of information and stay organized with all of your different customers.
Salesforce CRM pricing editions range from $25 to $300 per month.
Link to Salesforce CRM: https://www.salesforce.com/products/sales-cloud/features/
9. InMoment Customer Experience (formerly Wootric)
Knowing what your customers want is critical for a company to maintain a consistent user experience. InMoment is a tool that allows you to gather all of the information you need in one place to learn more about customer issues and gain insights into how to improve each of their experiences.
With InMoment you can easily gather customer feedback and channel it to the appropriate teams within the organization. We found it to be very simple to set up, and the way you can view NPS results is very intuitive and flexible.
- Survey channels include email, web & mobile in-app, in-chat, and SMS.
- The UI is simple and clean. In-depth reports, charts, and graphs that are simple to use and make analysis much easier.
- Stores all of your customer information in one convenient location where different teams can access it at any time.
You can reach out for a demo and a custom quote here.
10. Microsoft Dynamics 365
Microsoft 365 is a customer engagement hub for guiding your customers through everything your company has to offer in a streamlined manner.
It provides a fully integrated customer relationship management system that enables you to create and maintain a comprehensive view of customer data from initial contact to purchase and post-purchase. We discovered that the platform integrates well with other Microsoft tools while also offering customization options to meet the needs of the organization.
- Allows you to access a wider customer base and gain artificial intelligence-powered insights into numerous client interaction activities.
- Enables your team to see emerging patterns and provides real-time data to make decisions
- Create queues and route cases to make your communication channels more effective.
Paid plans for Dynamics 365 start at $65. They also offer a free trial period.
Wingman allows you to find any information from previous customer interactions, gain customer insights, and send product feedback to internal teams.
Wingman is also a real-time customer interaction platform that provides your sales team with relevant information about customers at the right time. You can use the platform to build a library of the best coachable moments from sales conversations and share them with new reps.
- Includes real-time analysis and metrics for each sales call.
- Wingman allows you to bookmark important parts of customer conversations to review later and even collaborate with your team.
- Dashboards that can be customized with email, CRM, and notes all in one place.
Wingman has three pricing editions ranging from $60 to $110 per month.
Link to Wingman: https://www.trywingman.com/
Helpwise started as a shared inbox tool and has since evolved to consolidate all customer conversations in one location.
Your team can add channels such as Twilio, Facebook (messages and comments), Instagram (direct messages), and WhatsApp, making it the ideal platform for managing your email and social media inboxes in a single app.
We found onboarding to be very simple because the site was straightforward and their help docs were extremely helpful.
- Although inboxes are shared, each user has their own password for increased security and productivity.
- Within the shared inbox, you can tag, assign, or chat with your team members.
- There are numerous integrations available, including Dropbox, Agile engagement CRM, Trello, and Zoho CRM.
Helpwise has 4 pricing editions starting at $12.00. Helpwise is also available for a free trial.
Whether you’re a start-up or an enterprise, customer engagement solutions have become a trend, making it easy for businesses to manage high inbound customer interactions seamlessly while also increasing overall productivity.
So, investing in a digital engagement platform is a no-brainer in today’s customer experience landscape.
If you still feel overwhelmed, you can always delegate your customer interaction to Helplama’s specialized professionals starting from just $399/mo.
Additionally, you can equip your customer support team with the AI-powered live chat solution offered by Saufter. With this omnichannel platform, you can improve your customer engagement and cut down your response time as well. What’s more, it also comes with customized pricing plans.
So, what are you waiting for?