Last Updated: December 2023
To increase your sales by creating fear of missing out (FOMO), you can use the countdown timer apps.
But, going through the Shopify app store to pick the best one will be time-consuming. So, we researched and picked the top 10 countdown timer Shopify apps.
Now, let’s dive in to check out their pros and cons and pricing details.
10 Best Count Down Apps for Shopify
- Hextom: Ultimate Sales Boost (⭐4.8/5, 7457 reviews)
- PageFly Landing Page Builder (⭐4.9/5, 6868 reviews)
- Automizely Marketing Email&SMS (⭐4.9/5, 5275 reviews)
- Sales Popup Autoketing ‑ POP (⭐4.8/5, 5512 reviews)
- Vitals: All‑in‑One Marketing (⭐5/5, 4145 reviews)
- Sales Popup Conversion Pro (⭐4.8/5, 4022 reviews)
- GemPages Powerful Page Builder (⭐4.9/5, 2972 reviews)
- Shogun Landing Page Builder (⭐4.8/5, 2958 reviews)
- Upsell-Pop Ups-Email Marketing (⭐5/5, 1984 reviews)
- AVA Trust Badges, Sales Pop‑up (⭐5/5, 1739 reviews)
Also, read – 10 best Shopify apps to increase sales in 2022
#1 Hextom: Ultimate Sales Boost (⭐4.8/5, 7457 Reviews)
The best countdown app with over 7000 reviews is Hextom: Ultimate Sales Boost. You can create countdown timers to boost your sales and display trust badges to gain confidence in customers.
- Generate a countdown timer on your homepage, collections, and product pages.
- On the cart and checkout page add a reversed timer.
- Also, insert a low stock countdown on your website.
- Further, create a sales sticker image label, text image label, get-it timer, BOGO (buy one get one) message, low stock warning, etc., on your store.
- The app slows down your store.
- Customization options are not available in the free plan.
- Starter Plan – Free
- Basic Plan – $9.99/month,
- Professional Plan – $29.99/month,
- Advanced Plan – $79.99/month.
#2 PageFly Landing Page Builder (⭐4.9/5, 6868 Reviews)
PageFly Landing Page Builder app lets you create landing pages with pre-built elements such as tabs, slideshow, accordion, etc., easily with the drag-and-drop builder.
- Insert conversion-oriented elements like add to cart button, sales countdown timer, low-in-stock badge, and so on.
- Even add special effects including parallax background, animation, sticky section, and hover animation.
- Save your page design and reuse it while creating other page types.
- In fact, you can create more pages easily by using Global Sections and Global Styling.
- Features are difficult to use.
- The app is buggy from time to time.
- Pay As You Go 1 – $24/month,
- Pay As You Go 2 – $29/month,
- Enterprise – $199/month.
#3 Automizely Marketing Email&SMS (⭐4.9/5, 5275 Reviews)
Automizely claims to be an all-in-one eCommerce marketing automation platform. It offers features like AI-powered product recommendations, promotional bars, and countdown timers.
- Has pre-built and fully customizable templates, content blocks, and a drag-and-drop editor.
- Based on the buyer’s contact information, browser history, and shopping behavior, you can build triggers to send personalized emails, pop-ups, and forms.
- Performs A/B testing on your workflows, content variables, and funnels.
- Plus, use inventory countdowns, delivery estimation, and countdown timers.
- Also, get campaign insights.
- The after-sales service is terrible.
- Moreover, the app functionality is not good and there are cases of users losing their subscribers.
- Essentials – $11/month,
- Pro – $119/month,
- Premium – $179/month.
#4 Sales Popup Autoketing ‑ POP (⭐4.8/5, 5512 Reviews)
With the Sales Popup Autoketing app, you can increase your sales conversions through sales notifications, social proof push and popups, a countdown timer, and a coupon code wheel.
- Automatically display recent orders that buyers purchased within 60 days, and pop-up products added to the cart.
- To create FOMO use a countdown timer, and countdown stock.
- By using the pro sales box, highlight the best-selling, best-price, discounted items, and best-deal products.
- On top of that, when users click on the product name it shows a quick view of the product.
- Customer support is not good and their replies are delayed.
- Some of the features get activated automatically without your consent.
- Basic – $9.99/month,
- Pro – $14.99/month.
#5 Vitals: All‑in‑One Marketing (⭐5/5, 4145 Reviews)
The major benefit of this best countdown timer app is that it is available in multiple languages which include Chinese, Arabic, German, English, Dutch, Danish, and Russian. Also, it allows you to deliver live customer support via Facebook Messenger.
- Import unlimited reviews with photos from Loop, AliExpress, Yopto, and Stamped.
- Request reviews from buyers after the order delivery and highlight the featured reviews.
- Create upsells and cross-sells without any limit.
- Offer BOGO deals, product bundles, discounts, and quantity breaks with tiered pricing.
- Plus, add a sticky add to cart button, countdown timer, cart reversed timer, and display recently viewed and related products.
- Not all the features are customizable.
- You need to contact customer support for most things.
- Free Trial – 30 days,
- Vitals – $29.99/month.
#6 Sales Popup Conversion Pro (⭐4.8/5, 4022 Reviews)
Sales popup creates social proof by displaying your purchasers’ recently bought items and providing a quick view of products in your store. Furthermore, it builds confidence by displaying trust badges.
- Shows recent visitor counter, sold count, sales popups, and stock countdown timer/ countdown clock.
- In addition, a quick view popup, sticky cart, free shipping bar, trust badges, and share cart are displayed on your website.
- Customize the design and content of Sales Popup feature elements.
- Even when the session doesn’t convert into sales, the app charges its users.
- Customer support is not good.
- Free Trial – 14 days,
- Basic – free,
- Pro – $4.99/month.
#7 GemPages Powerful Page Builder (⭐4.9/5, 2972 Reviews)
Using the drag and drop builder in GemPages, you may create responsive web pages such as the homepage, collections, product, & blog page that run on all devices. Most importantly, you can generate unlimited pages in all the plans.
- Has an extensive library of elements and pre-built templates.
- Add a video to your website background easily and tidy up your designs with parallax.
- Display sales booster elements like pop-ups, reviews, bundles, social sharing, social proof, countdown timer, and stock level counter.
- Track the performance of your pages with A/B testing and Google Analytics.
- Additionally, provides SEO support.
- UI is unresponsive and it is difficult to create pages.
- The app is very buggy.
- Free Trial – 10 days,
- Starter – $15/month,
- Business – $29/month,
- Advanced – $59/month.
#8 Shogun Landing Page Builder (⭐4.8/5, 2958 Reviews)
As the name suggests, the Shogun app assists you in building landing pages for your store. It has all the website elements in the library. For example, buttons, carousel icons, product images, sections, tables, tabs, and product quantity.
- The drag-and-drop layout enables you to design and customize the pages with precision.
- Supports syncing multiple stores, custom elements, dedicated account management, and hydrogen compatibility on the advanced plan.
- Create custom forms, add-to-cart buttons, sales countdown timers, etc.
- On top of that, generate image overlays and hover effects.
- There is a page limit except for top-tier plans. So if you have a large catalog, then this app is not useful.
- Users experienced bugs from time to time.
- Build – $39/month,
- Measure – $149/month,
- Team – $299/month,
- Advanced – customizable plan.
#9 Upsell-Pop Ups-Email Marketing (⭐5/5, 1984 Reviews)
The best free countdown app is Upsell-Pop Ups-Email Marketing. It automates email and SMS marketing. Plus, it allows you to insert popups, Spin Wheel, and offer rewards such as BOGO, gift cards, and coupon codes.
- Has 3000+ pre-built themes for holidays and seasons.
- Lets you insert a countdown timer, discounted upsell offers, frequently bought together items, and AI-recommended products.
- Provides recovering abandoned carts and loyalty programs.
- Performs A/B testing and segmentation (devices, geolocation, UTM, page level).
- Sync your data with email and SMS apps.
- Also, it offers social proof.
- The app is not organized which makes it difficult to utilize its features.
- Free to use.
#10 AVA Trust Badges, Sales Pop‑up (⭐5/5, 1739 Reviews)
AVA Trust Badges, Sales Pop‑up is another best free countdown app available in the Shopify store. The app is designed to increase your sales with a countdown timer, sales popup, trust badges, sales boost, and more.
- Notify buyer activities such as signup, add to cart, view pages, purchases, and reviews via sales pop-up.
- Integrate WhatsApp and Messenger to deliver customer support.
- Insert sticky add to cart button.
- On top of that, you can disable drag and drop action, text selection, right-click, common shortcuts, and view the source code of your store.
- There is no multi-language support.
- Trust badges don’t work properly.
- Free to use.
Before employing any countdown timer Shopify app, check its functionality by trying a free version or free trial. After that, you can choose the one that meets your business needs.
In case, you are in need of customer support software then use Helplama Helpdesk. It offers automation, marketing, self-service, and all basic user services like live chat, phone, SMS, and email.
Moreover, it can easily integrate with eCommerce (Shopify), social media, collaboration, and messaging platforms.