Last Updated: December 2023
‘Finally got the desired item! But it’s not in stock!’ This is a very common and disappointing problem your customers might face. Regular check on the out-of-stock products is tiresome for your customers and most of them won’t do that. So what’s the solution you can offer to them?
Implementing a back-in-stock notification app for your store would be the best option. Shopify back-in-stock apps allow customers to subscribe to receive product restock notifications via any preferred channel like email or SMS so that they can come back to your store and make the desired purchase.
Here are the 11 Best Restock alert apps for your e-commerce store.
Best Back In Stock Shopify Apps: Pricing Comparison
Back In Stock Apps
Price Starts At
PushOwl Web Push Notifications
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $19/month.
Back in Stock & Restock Alerts By CartBite
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $5/month.
Back In Stock + Restock Alerts By Restock Rocket
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $10/month.
Back In Stock – Restock Alert By Zooomy
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $5.99/month.
Back In Stock – Restock Alerts By Appikon Software
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $19.99/month.
Back In Stock – Out Of Stock By Ordersify
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $9.99/month.
Back In Stock Product Alerts By Swym Corporation
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $14.99/month.
Back In Stock: Customer Alerts
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $29/month.
Alert Me! Restock Alerts
Back in Stock Notifications
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $19.95/month.
Back In Stock & Restock Alerts By Eastside Co
A free plan is available. The paid plan starts at $10/month.
10 Best Back In Stock Shopify Apps
- PushOwl Web Push Notifications
- Stock Sync
- Back in Stock & Restock Alerts By CartBite
- Back In Stock – Restock Alert By Zooomy
- Back In Stock – Restock Alerts By Appikon Software
- Back In Stock – Out Of Stock By Ordersify
- Back In Stock Product Alerts By Swym Corporation
- Back In Stock: Customer Alerts
- Alert Me! Restock Alerts
- Back in Stock Notifications
- Back In Stock & Restock Alerts By Eastside Co
1. PushOwl Web Push Notifications (Overall Ratings ⭐5/5, 2245 Reviews)
PushOwl Web Push Notifications by PushOwl is one of the popular apps in the Shopify Back in Stock Category, that works on the concept of push notifications. It is available on both mobile and desktop. With this app, you can recover abandoned carts, create campaigns and send restock notifications.
- You can automate restock notifications to deliver at optimum times when subscribers are active.
- You can use the native opt-in to get subscribers without emails.
- Also, using the Campaign Creator feature, you can boost your easy-to-customize Flash Sale alerts with an expiry time, to attract impulse shoppers.
- Limited insights and analytics.
2. Stock Sync: Automate Inventory (Overall Ratings ⭐ 4.7/5, 1012 Reviews)
Stock Sync is a tool for updating and managing inventory. It is specially designed for offline retailers who are looking to expand into ecommerce.
- The app allows users to manage multiple suppliers or dropshipping feeds in one interface.
- Users can set the plug-in up to automatically update inventory on a regular basis.
- The plug-in integrates with cloud storage options such as Google Drive, OneDrive, and Dropbox as well as standard email.
- It can be integrated but can’t be used directly through Shopify Admin.
Stock Sync offers a 14-day free trial. There is also a free-to-install version that requires users to purchase credits to use products. The subscription packages range from $5 per month to $49 per month.
3. Back in Stock & Restock Alerts By CartBite (Overall Ratings ⭐ 5/5, 442 Reviews)
The back-in-Stock app by CartBite uses email and SMS alerts to notify customers of restocks and back-in-stocks. Your customers can request to notify them when a product is back in stock. It also sends automated push notifications for abandoned carts and price drops. Requiring zero coding changes, this app is very customizable and works with multiple themes.
- Apart from customizing themes, this app also features multilingual support for notifications and display messages.
- The coupon code feature and custom notification help you to attract visitors who abandoned carts to complete their purchase.
- Also, it helps you to categorize your audience based on their purchase history, location, or their interactions with your Shopify store.
- Customer support is often non-existent.
3. Back In Stock + Restock Alerts By Restock Rocket (Overall Ratings ⭐5/5, 440 Reviews)
Back In Stock + Restock Alerts is a Shopify app that notifies you when something is in stock. It provides email & SMS alerts to your customers automatically. When you restock an out-of-stock product, your customer will instantly receive an alert informing them to make a purchase before stock runs out.
- You can design your own “Email me when available” / “Notify me” button, alert registration form & Email, and SMS templates.
- It is very easy to set up. Besides that, you get 24*7 live chat support.
- This app provides insightful reports on the most requested products, and pending & sent notifications as well.
- Users reported some instances where false restock notification alerts were sent out to customers.
4. Back In Stock – Restock Alert By Zooomy (Overall Ratings ⭐5/5, 168 Reviews)
This restocks notification app by Zooomy works in both manual and automated format on the simple and time-tested concept of encouraging customers to sign up for email alerts. You can match this app’s notifications to your online store’s theme with the conveniently customizable widget.
- In the email notification, they provide the link to the back-in-stock product your customers are interested in and help direct the customer right to the product.
- By analyzing email alerts every time a customer signs up for a notification, this app gives insights into the best-selling variants of fast-moving products.
- The newsletter is another option for your customers to receive stock updates.
- Users often complain about the frequent glitches in some of the themes.
5. Back In Stock – Restock Alerts By Appikon Software (Overall Ratings ⭐4.9/5, 1527 Reviews)
Back in Stock – Restock Alerts app by Appikon Software is a back-in-stock alert app that notifies your customers via email, SMS, Facebook Messenger, and Push. This app is compatible with multiple themes and works in all languages. You can fully customize all sign-up forms and alerts to suit your store theme. Also, you can use the ‘coming soon’ feature of the app to launch products and gauge market demand from wait lists.
- This restocks alert app automatically plugs in a sign-up button whenever a product or variant goes out of stock.
- Send alerts when subscribers are most active.
- Offer custom alert subscriptions of a product by size, color, or style and help to analyze customer intent and send them personalized in-stock notifications.
- Only alert the customer if the product is back in stock in the location they have subscribed from.
- Several reviews show that Appikon Software’s customer support is constantly slow to respond.
- You have to manually remove all the customers who unsubscribed your notification from the list.
6. Back In Stock – Out Of Stock By Ordersify (Overall Ratings ⭐4.9/5, 418 Reviews)
This restocks app by Ordersify, automates back-in-stock notifications to your customers. This in-stock alert app auto-detects product stock and sends emails immediately. It alerts your customers through push notifications and product links. This app integrates with popular widgets like Mailchimp, Klavioyo, PushOwl, Facebook Messenger, etc.
- Customizable widgets.
- Setting up the Shopify app back in stock is easy with an easy-to-use dashboard and navigation.
- Inbuilt analytics offer insights on sales, subscribers, and revenue.
- There were instances where this in-stock notification app’s email got stuck in the customer’s junk or spam folder.
7. Back In Stock Product Alerts By Swym Corporation (Overall Ratings ⭐4.8/5, 580 Reviews)
This in-stock notification app by Swym Corporation is one of the best Shopify Back in Stock apps. This app offers easy customization and installation and integrates with multiple partner apps. Your customers can selectively subscribe to receive alerts about product variants.
- All your customers can simply sign up for alerts and there are no login requirements.
- With this app, you can even program your email alerts to be sent in smaller batches over a period of time and set a limit to the number of customers who can be notified.
- Integrates with MailChimp, klaviyo, Retention Science, Facebook, Omnisend, and Twilio.
- This app does glitch when integrating with certain Shopify themes.
- Some users reported delays in the delivery of email alerts sent to customers.
8. Back In Stock: Customer Alerts (Overall Ratings ⭐4.8/5, 569 Reviews)
Perfect for alerting customers via email and SMS when products are restocked, this back-in-stock Shopify app is particularly great for Flash Sales, Coming Soon, and Pre-orders. The responsive email template provided by this app is perfect for mobile and desktop. This app offers multi-language and multi-location support.
- Makes it convenient for customers to sign up for alerts on product variants.
- You can fully customize your theme or even create your own button.
- Provides subscription data to analyze variant demand to plan your inventory accordingly.
- Often send out false restock notification alerts to your customers.
- The customer support team is often slow to respond.
9. Alert Me! Restock Alerts (Overall Ratings ⭐4.8/5, 368 Reviews)
Alert Me! Restock Alerts is a back-in-stock app in Shopify that automates restock notifications to customers. Your customers can sign up to receive email alerts when you restock the product they have expressed interest in. You can choose to receive daily, weekly or monthly updates on the items your customers have requested alerts on.
- Your customers can choose to receive alerts on product variants.
- Completely customizable signup form and notifications.
- Customer support is often slow to respond and resolve issues.
- There have been several reviews of technical glitches causing errors in Shopify stores.
10. Back in Stock Notifications (Overall Ratings ⭐4.6/5, 67 Reviews)
Back in Stock notification helps you to notify your customers with smart alerts when products run out of stock. The app automatically sends email alerts when products are back in stock. Also, you can design the pop-up so it can match your online store.
- This app provides instant analytics and keeps an eye on the most popular products in your store.
- You can enable/disable a “Notify me” pop-up when products are out-of-stock. Also, you can customize the design of the “Back in Stock” pop-up.
- Customer service is very slow to respond.
11. Back In Stock & Restock Alerts By Eastside Co (Overall Ratings ⭐4.3/5, 121 Reviews)
This is one of the best restock apps that send back-in-stock notifications to your customers via email, SMS, and web push notifications. It lets you send unlimited email alerts to notify your customers about product restock but restricts SMS usage according to the pricing plan you opted for.
- Instant auto-installer with no coding requirement.
- Offers integration with popular marketing apps that help build your email list.
- Provide complete customization control to develop your store brand identity.
- Slow customer support.
Now, the question of ‘How to Install Back in Stock for Shopify Store?’ would be a common doubt for an e-commerce business owner. To install a back-in-stock app for your online store, visit your Shopify App Store. Now, search for the app you want to install and click on the ‘Add App’ button. After that, you can make the purchase. Then you can proceed with the installation setup of your back in the stock app. By now, your back-in-stock Shopify app would be ready to use.
We hope this post was helpful to you to choose the best restock app for your store. By letting customers subscribe to restock alerts, you’re creating many opportunities to interact with them.
If your online store needs a specialized and fully managed customer support system Helplama Helpdesk is the way to go. It is a complete e-commerce solution and it would be the best option for your eCommerce business as you get multiple advantages in one tool.