Customer support is a key success factor for every business, and every industry. That is most likely why you’re looking for automated customer support software, right?
Well, the customer service space is flooded with unlimited agencies and software that you can use to manage and automate your business’s customer support. This makes it tough to research and find the best ones.
In this post, we have shortlisted the 7 best automated customer support tools you should look at in 2022.
Table of Contents
Helplama Helpdesk (Overall Ratings ⭐ 5/5)
Helplama Helpdesk is an omnichannel customer support software that you can use to provide an integrated customer service experience to your customers over Email, Live Chat, Phone, SMS, Social Media, and more.
But… It packs many workflow automation that makes it best in the class – AI drafted emails, automated review collection, automated returns center, interactive chatbots, automated ticket routing, and more.
Moreover, Helplama is the only customer support automation software that offers Automated Agent Training, saving up to 50% of your time spent on training new customer support agents.
- AI drafted emails that save up to 40% of customer support agents’ time.
- Automated agent training that trains, tests, and scores agents’ performance.
- Marketing automation to collect user reviews and video testimonials.
- Automated self-service center for returns, exchanges, and refunds.
- Automatic order scanning to detect delivery delays and other issues.
- Custom rules for automatic ticket creation, routing, and tagging.
- Real-time reports dashboard from actionable insights on support, team, and customers.
- Automated agent training is not available in the standard plan.
Starts from $99/month/3 users with a 15-day free trial. No credit card is required to sign up for the trial.
Zendesk Support Suite (Overall Rating ⭐ 4.3/5)
You must have heard of Zendesk, it is one of the most popular and leading customer support tools that packs many advanced customer service automations – AI chatbots, automated responses, intent & sentiment detection, automatic article suggestion, and more.
- Automated responses for fast response time and increased agent productivity.
- AI customer intent and sentiment detection for automatic ticket classification and routing.
- Interactive chatbots for 24/7 customer service.
- Automatic email support request to ticket creation.
- Limited automation features in the standard plan.
Support Suite plans start from $49/month/agent, billed annually. You can ask for a free trial.
Freshdesk (Overall Rating ⭐ 4.4/5)
The customer service tool by Freshworks, Freshdesk is a great and top-rated automated customer service software used by many well-known and leading companies.
It can help you automate many customer service workflows including ticket routing, escalations, automated responses, and many other trigger-based automations.
One of the unique help desk automation features of Freshdesk is automatic article suggestions at the time of ticket creation. It can reduce the volume of customer support requests that can be resolved using knowledge base resources.
- AI Chatbot for interactive customer conversations.
- Agent collision detection to avoid duplicate tickets.
- Trigger-based automations to schedule and automate tasks.
- Round-robin routing to assign tickets to all available agents in a group.
- Round-robin routing is a pro plan feature.
- Limited bot sessions.
- Tricky pricing.
The basic support desk suite starts from $15/agent/month, billed annually. The omnichannel support plans start from $29/mo/agent. You can ask for a 21-day free trial for each plan.
Front (Overall Rating ⭐ 4.7/5)
Front is a popular customer service tool that offers an email-like shared inbox to help businesses converse with customers at scale and increase operational efficiency.
Not only shared inbox, but Front also offers powerful, automated workflows that help you scale personal communication with every customer.
Additionally, the tool has been used and reviewed positively by leading companies like Shopify, GoDaddy, and Mailchimp.
- Intuitive and easy email-like user interface for integrated customer communications.
- Custom rules can be set to route, assign, and escalate messages automatically.
- Multiple agents can collaborate to resolve a single support request.
- Actionable insights on team, conversation, productivity, and customers.
- Tricky and expensive pricing plans.
- No analytics in the starter plan.
- No voice integration in the starter plan.
The starter plan costs $19/user/month when billed annually with a minimum of 2 users. So, in simple terms, it starts from $38/month/2 users, billed annually.
Gorgias (Overall Rating ⭐ 4.6/5)
Gorgias is one of the best help desk software primarily built for businesses to manage and automate their customer support. It comes with basic to advanced features that you can use to automate customer service workflows and provide customers with self-service.
The Gorgias app store has 94 apps that you can integrate with. Moreover, the ecommerce customer service software can be integrated with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
- Integrates with multiple channels and platforms providing omnichannel customer support.
- Intent and sentiment detection to automate the ticket assignment to agents.
- Automated responses for fast response times.
- Create pre-made responses (macros) that are customized with your brand’s distinct tone and identity.
- Pay-as-you-go ticket-based pricing can be expensive for businesses with high ticket volumes.
- Voice and SMS integrations are Add-ons.
- No WhatsApp integration.
Ticket-based pricing starts from just $10/month including 50 tickets per month. You can ask them for a free trial.
Xsellco Edesk (Overall Rating ⭐ 4.3/5)
Edesk is one of the most popular and leading customer service automation software that offers a shared inbox with an intuitive UI to provide omnichannel customer support.
Xsellco comes with all the basic help desk ticketing features that help desk software usually provide.
But… Edesk packs many automations to turn your customer support workflows on autopilot. Moreover, its integration with other Xsellco apps and tools is what makes it one of the best customer service tools for the ecommerce industry.
- Live chat with proactive messaging and help center integration.
- Integration with many industry-approved ecommerce platforms and software.
- Suggested AI replies for faster response times.
- Automatic ticket assignment and prioritization.
- Integrations and Add-ons can make it pricey.
- Tricky and expensive pricing plans with minimum 3-agents requirement.
Xsellco offers both ticket-based and user-based pricing plans starting from $99/month for 300 monthly tickets.
Zoho Desk (Overall Rating ⭐ 4.4/5)
Zoho Desk is a powerful customer service automation tool by Zoho that can enable you to provide omnichannel support and automate repetitive customer support tasks that do not need human presence.
The customer support tool packs an AI chatbot named Zia that can do a lot to save your team’s time and increase productivity.
- Customer sentiment detection so you can route tickets to the right agent.
- Automatic tagging for effective customer support ticket classification.
- AI-drafted responses for repetitive customer queries.
- Automatic analysis and reporting on key support metrics.
- Seamless integration with other Zoho apps.
- Outdated and clunky user interface.
Starts from $14/agent/month when billed annually. You can try the plans for free.
Automated customer support software is a must-have if you receive a large number of customer support requests every day. And all the customer support automation tools listed in this post are best for their unique features and functionalities.
Still, we can’t tell you which specific software you should go for. However, we suggest you opt for a free trial before paying for the software.
If you still feel overwhelmed, we suggest you try the Helplama Helpdesk. It is the best overall help desk software with basic to advanced automation to turn your customer support on autopilot.
Start your 15-day free trial! No credit card is required.